DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Which one to get? Bucyrus 8750 Options · View
Manitowoc 16000
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:27:13 AM

Groups: Member

Well I would like to pick one of these massive beats up but I'm not sure which one I would get. Any thoughts? I'm a Crane guy and have not a clue to much of the machines.

"The white with maroon stripe version will feature an 82 cubic yard dipper with 79" track shoes, two additional counterweight plates, the three stack air filtration system and a cable reel electrical connection"

The white with blue stripe version will feature an 82 cubic yard dipper with 79" track shoes, the 'Ten Kay' air filtration system and a stinger electrical connection.

The white with green stripe version will feature an 82 cubic yard dipper with 102" track shoes, two additional counterweight plates, the three stack air filtration system and stinger electrical connection.

The orange and blue version will feature a 59 cubic yard fast fill dipper with 79" track shoes, the 'Ten Kay' air filtration system and a stinger electrical connection.

I like the White one with Green stripe! Plus the 102" wide tracks look cool. What do you all think?
Manitowoc 16000
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:30:54 AM

I give up.. Forget it.. i'm gone
dirtboy
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:51:41 AM

Unfortunately things have been rough on the forum lately. People are trying to do the best they can to keep up on it, so all I can say is try not to take it personally.

I bought a Syncrude version when they had it available, but certainly wouldnt mind the HR version with the green stripe. Pretty nice model all around but it is a monster on the shelf.

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

Manitowoc 16000
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:55:40 AM

dirtboy wrote:
Unfortunately things have been rough on the forum lately. People are trying to do the best they can to keep up on it, so all I can say is try not to take it personally.

I bought a Syncrude version when they had it available, but certainly wouldnt mind the HR version with the green stripe. Pretty nice model all around but it is a monster on the shelf.

Which one is the Syncrude version?
dirtboy
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:57:25 AM

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=6227

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

GrahamL
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:57:47 AM

Manitowoc 16000 wrote:
dirtboy wrote:

Which one is the Syncrude version?

Look here:
http://www.twh-reviews.co.uk/ and click on " Bucyrus Reviews" then on the shovels. It is bright red. Sorry, there is no direct link.

Graham.

http://www.dioramaphotos.blogspot.com
Manitowoc 16000
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:59:31 AM

Wow! That's one awesome looking model and DHS has one left. I have to see how big of a hole it might create in my wallet first. Thanks guy, nice to see sensible people on the forum
GrahamL
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:03:02 AM

Manitowoc 16000 wrote:
Wow! That's one awesome looking model and DHS has one left. I have to see how big of a hole it might create in my wallet first. Thanks guy, nice to see sensible people on the forum

Lol we all aren't dumb. I think DHS id out of stock and that is an old product but you might lurk Ebay.
Edit: I also checked ADM vintage with no luck.

Graham

http://www.dioramaphotos.blogspot.com
torisspacedog
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:21:25 AM

It'll make a hole in your wallet about as large as the dipper makes in the earth when digging. But it sure is an awsome model to look at.Cool Mark L
JustinE
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:35:51 AM

Honestly guys, I'm still pissed that I missed my chance on getting the Syncrude version when they were available. When I went to buy it- SOLD OUT d'oh!! Anyway, my favorites out of all four are the Los Bronces and Escondida. Still have no idea what company that green one is supposed to represent.

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
todd s
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 6:31:31 PM

I recommend you get the Bucyrus 8750 and the 495.
RPFowler
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 7:14:43 PM

JustinE

With regard to the green stripe machine, I agree. With the wide shoes it would be tar sands, but all the tar sands machines I am aware of have the fastfill bucket.

With narrow tracks there is a green stripe machine with the 82 yd bucket at Thomson Creek Idaho, which has white handrails and is the one I did shovel #11, but it needs red narrow tracks, and the compressor moving and the green a tad darker.

If the stripe was brunswick green, yellow handrails and different air cleaners, then go for the Foundation Coal Belle Ayr Eagle Butte.

KR

R
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 7:21:00 PM

i too would also really like to pick one of these up, and i also like the white with green like you do!
Bobm2004
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 8:37:26 PM

Groups: Member , Moderator

I have the Syncrude and I love it!! Yes thats right boys, bob the crane guy has this shovel. After all it has crawler tracks, a boom and a hoist-things in common with a crane! The orange and blue version is kind of hidesous, but at the DHS show my eye kept wandering righ back to it. It is an eye catcher for sure!!!! I think by the time I left if I did not have one and only had the new runs to choose from it would be that orange one. And I can't say why!! All of them are great models.

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 9:48:56 PM

I have 3 left for sale if anyone is interested in them,These have never been opened.The box is still taped from TWH
Email me at keystonediecast@verizon.net
JustinE
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:58:40 PM

RPFowler wrote:
JustinE

With regard to the green stripe machine, I agree. With the wide shoes it would be tar sands, but all the tar sands machines I am aware of have the fastfill bucket.

With narrow tracks there is a green stripe machine with the 82 yd bucket at Thomson Creek Idaho, which has white handrails and is the one I did shovel #11, but it needs red narrow tracks, and the compressor moving and the green a tad darker.

If the stripe was brunswick green, yellow handrails and different air cleaners, then go for the Foundation Coal Belle Ayr Eagle Butte.

KR

R

Who knows. Maybe they painted it like that because they thought it looked cool. You would know more about the different mines and what machines they have than me. Hey if I ever have a question on any mine, I'll be sure to pm you bud Teeth

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
AJG
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:44:37 PM

I don't believe that any of these machines are oil sand machines...
First off,none are High Flotation(HF)...
Second,HF machines have 140 inch wide tracks...
I personally like the Corporate version with the 82 yd. bucket, and cable reel...
Just my two cents...

Art