DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LTM 11200-9.1 1-50 Review Pics Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 9:28:57 AM

Groups: Member

I have to confess that the Mammoet livery can get a little boring for some, but I still like it and will most certainly buy this crane and the transporter. In fact, I have just pre-ordered them both.

But I am also looking forward to the factory colours being released as there are quite a number of repaint options now available Smile

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:29:26 AM

crane177II wrote:
Thanks to you and Mammoet for the pics. Any idea of the model's maximum height. I'll need this to design a new display cabinet. Is it taller than the PTC? Applause Applause Applause Cool

As it stands in the pictures, there is full main boom at 100m and some jib of about 10m (?). This would make the model about 2.2m tall (7.2ft).

However, if/when the jib is released this will increase the height further but I am unable to find out exactly how tall the maximum configuration actually is.

Paul R
Bobm2004
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:24:05 AM

Groups: Member , Moderator

Paul R wrote:
I have to confess that the Mammoet livery can get a little boring for some, but I still like it and will most certainly buy this crane and the transporter. In fact, I have just pre-ordered them both.

Blasphemy! How dare you! Just wait till I tell Atahena-she is going to bite you!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:33:29 PM

Bobm2004 wrote:
Paul R wrote:

Blasphemy! How dare you! Just wait till I tell Atahena-she is going to bite you!

Knew this would get a rise from you Wink I won't worry about Athena 'cos Squirt will protect me Teeth
Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:45:58 PM

alberto quijano wrote:
... and if the decals have a mammut please add 20% more

Not sure how you can really complain, have you seen the cost of getting cranes in companys liverys, they usually are alot more expensive than the Mammoet ones. Considering they are commissioned by Mammoet them selfs the prices are very reasonable.

When Conrad realesed the LG1750 in Felbermayr livery the price went up by about 20%, its obviously going to cost more to change colours and add decals.

I think Mammoet models are priced well.

Gaz
TommiR8
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:06:50 PM

Gaz wrote:
alberto quijano wrote:
... and if the decals have a mammut please add 20% more

Not sure how you can really complain, have you seen the cost of getting cranes in companys liverys, they usually are alot more expensive than the Mammoet ones. Considering they are commissioned by Mammoet them selfs the prices are very reasonable.

When Conrad realesed the LG1750 in Felbermayr livery the price went up by about 20%, its obviously going to cost more to change colours and add decals.

I think Mammoet models are priced well.

Gaz

Its takes more time to colour a model. And they have to pay somone to sit down for hours to neatly cut out and place decals on.....

As its not a "factory finish" or "house colours"

and personally

I dont mind paying some extra make me feel like i have a truly unique and limited model.

I very much prefer ANY company colours over the not so cool Liebherr Yellow!

jcbjs220
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:12:56 PM

Oh dear, i think ive caught the bug good and propper, im supposed to be a dirt guy, and now ive just pre ordered 2 of these lil babies, and a boom carrier, will look good next to the lr1280 i bought the other month!

All ive gotta do now is find somewhere to keep these cranes, oh and learn how to rig them up properly!!
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:51:59 PM

I'm now glad I "bit the bullet" and pre-ordered one of these cranes yesterday because they seem to be "flying off the shelf"!!.

At this rate the 500 Mammoet versions will be gone before December!.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

Bobm2004
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:02:56 PM

Groups: Member , Moderator

jcbjs220-DO not worry about crossing over. We have many on the lift side who were once lost and misguided, wallowing around in the dirt, only to get a glimpse of something from on high and become filled with a desire to reach new heights. We accept you with open arms into the bother hood of the Lift Side, and as always................we have cookies!! So help yourself!

Paul-Sequoya is all ready for your visit! She is so looking forward to seeing you again!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
jcbjs220
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:18:51 PM

Bob, i kind of sit on the fence, as i have just bought a CAT 797f in white......oh but the cookies, and well, i suppose the 11200 is going to need a little helper, well maybe the ltm1200 in mammoet will be the next model on my list!!
Lima 70T
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 7:49:53 PM

Love the model, dunno about the price and me thinks will miss out, bugga.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
Rick B
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:39:12 PM

I think I'm going to order 2 of these cranesSmiley

btw my pictures work again on the first of October
Rick B
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:39:45 PM

As promissed the pictures of the first post work againSmiley

Today I went to the Mack&Transportday in Utrecht.
For the second time I saw the sample-model of the 11200 Mammoet.
The model is not perfect yet, there are many small problems to resolve.
They hope to have the model ready to sell medium December.

Here you can see some pictures I made today.

bigcranes
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 12:07:16 AM

I had to kick this back to the top, sorryTeeth I really like the Mammoet WSI boom carrier, does anyone know if NZG will be working on boom transport systems for the factory crane? In example the Franz Bracht full 100m boom rides on an awesome Nooteboom 8 axle "ballast trailer"! Any hopes something like this will see the light of day??

Regards,
Mark

PS, these seem to be the crane of choice for wind farm work in the EU, has Sarens placed an order for one yet??Whistle Pray Pray Pray

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Paul
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 7:04:10 AM

The subject of the boom trailer for this behemoth is quite interesting because when I was talking to some of the Mammoet men they mentioned that the "original" boom trailer/dolly, as seen above in model form, hasn't been a great success.

According to what I was told, with the boom loaded it's very top heavy and the air suspension doesn't help things. Infact they also mentioned that even the 8 axle stepframe, although better than the dolly version, can be a bit top heavy and "rolly" with the boom onboard. I guess this is just a reflection of the sheer size and weight of the LTM 11200 boom!.

It wouldn't surprise me to see WSI release an 8 axle stepframe, both in general, and that could be used for the boom transporter.

Smile

jibtickler
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 9:04:53 AM

Paul

there is already a fairly suitable 8 axle step frame trailer already. Still avialable from Nooteboom that more than fulfills the job

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
drdcco
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 1:14:19 PM

I'll have to clear a spot on the patio for that , save one for me !!!!
Dave

Nothing is impossible,,just difficult....
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:43:55 PM

Here is an update from the Mammoet website:

From Monday morning 2 November 2009 all Mammoet Club members can purchase these models via our website.

Paul R
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:30:15 PM

Paul R wrote:
Here is an update from the Mammoet website:

From Monday morning 2 November 2009 all Mammoet Club members can purchase these models via our website.

Paul R

Good news, and hopefully anybody who gets their one from the Mammoet Store will bring us some pics asap. My one is pre-ordered from a dealer in England so I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Smile

Rick B
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:27:26 PM

The crane will cost 475 euro, for the boom transporter it will be 169.
Release date approximately mid december