GusO
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 8:56:49 AM
Groups: Member

for that money we will have one of each soTeeth
Homer
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:19:03 AM

giftmodels wrote:
Many times is ignored the price difference is also given by the quantity of production, not only by the coloring.
produce 100pcs, does not cost as 1000. higher is the production, lower is the cost of the individual model. is inversely proportional.
moreover, consider that Liebherr is the committent and is therefore the owner of the molds, and who knows what numbers produced, while for those who want to make a custom livery obviously the royalty of the mark against him, and already this is an additional cost .

sorry for my english, hope to be explained.

By that I only give an opinion, a consideration more.

This is exactly why I cannot understand how mammoet originally announced 500 units @ €450 at the club day but then changed to 600 units @ €475.... Surely the extra 100 units would have reduced the price to less than the original €450???

Bottom line is, they knew how popular they were going to be so they not only raised the production quantity but also raised the price to screw as much as they possibly could out of the collector... And I for one have lost a lot of respect for mammoet for doing this..

Noel.
CC8800twin
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:27:34 PM

I ordered just one LTM in standard colors Smile
Lotsacrane
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:58:14 PM

giftmodels wrote:
spray all parts in yellow is simply; spray black, with red parts, and more tampograph for mammoet needs more time.

the difference is not 2-300dollars about the 2 models:
11200 liebherr : 389eur
11200 mammoet : 475euro

difference is 86 euro .. ;)

remember what price was announced for this crane, and what is the actual .. surely the models was produced to make money, this is final and real fact.

Euro's aside ...here in North America ..where the dollar is King and Capitalism its matriarch...

I agree to make money ..then hey, why not just list the Mammoet units at $1000 ...or more ...I agree you play you pay ..but this difference in price over the Liebherr corporate unit is blatant greed ...To bad the world lacks will power ..the whole Mammoet line should be boycotted in response... personally ..I just lost my taste for the Mammoet product line ... Anybody with half a brain right now would by a corperate model and have a man like Bob do the re-paint ..atleast you would know the money wont go into the corporate coffer's of greedy shareholder's ....

I say again ...on this issue Mammoet can bite me

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=7932

http://www.dhsdiecast.com/shop/product_detail.cfm?product_id=7398

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

[[ Jules ]]
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:17:43 PM

yeah a $220 increase in price is flat out ridiculous!!!

i would never buy a model painted in a livery aside from the 1 or 2 that i have and thats cause the price diff from the custom to the factory wasnt that much, something like this ill buy the factory color one 100% of the time and repaint it or just deal with it in factory color if i couldnt repaint it

xoxo Jules
giftmodels
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:35:09 PM

I don't warrant any. I gave my opinion, about consider the cost-production.

..if Mammoet has decided to produce 600 pieces instead of 500, apparently has already sold allSmiley and this is further confirmation of the reality, that there are many Mammoet's collectors.

that's all ;)

GIFTMODELS.it
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:36:57 PM

i have to say,and probably going against the grain on this one,look at the price of the 11200 and YCC's ltm1800,the YCC one is about €300 more and do you get much more crane-age?? no. I honestly don't get how NZG can sell it at such a low price,
look at conrads ac500-2 ssl, for inbetween €290 and €320,now for circa €80 more you can get a 11200,seriously it looks to be worth about €800 more than the ac500,now that said i don't have the finished article in my hands

i don't have a problem at all in the price,NZG have pulled the stops out and basically brought us an ltm1800 for half the price,and in this day and age where money is scarce thats not a bad thing

one thing though i have never liked,is that models from euro manufacturers sold in the US are a good bit more expensive,just like models from US manufacturers are a good bit more here,how much are the TWH groves in the US? i think i seen the weisbaur version here for over €400,i'd have to be really really drunk to pay that for one of those,so its the same maybe with the 11200 in the US

just my two cents
Graham

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

jibtickler
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:32:16 PM

Quite simply................

if you dont like, dont buy!! Stop whinging.

If you like the livery and want one, buy one. No one is forcing anyone to buy!!

Its you guys on here that have "hyped" up the model and made it what it is before anyone has actually got their hands on it. Dont you think those that do the market research look on these forums for the responses. Good grief only a few weeks ago people were saying its too damn cheap!!

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
giftmodels
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 4:07:36 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

one thing though i have never liked,is that models from euro manufacturers sold in the US are a good bit more expensive,just like models from US manufacturers are a good bit more here,how much are the TWH groves in the US? i think i seen the weisbaur version here for over €400,i'd have to be really really drunk to pay that for one of those,so its the same maybe with the 11200 in the US

just my two cents
Graham

I agree with you
Unfortunately shipping costs and import/export taxes are very high.

GIFTMODELS.it
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 4:14:39 PM

its all a bit suspect and i think they could do away with it,nowadays most models are made in the far east,would it not make sense to ship the ones destined to be sold in europe to europe instead of shipping to the US then across to europe and vice versa

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Lotsacrane
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 4:16:49 PM

jibtickler wrote:
Quite simply................

if you dont like, dont buy!! Stop whining

If you like the livery and want one, buy one. No one is forcing anyone to buy!!

Its you guys on here that have "hyped" up the model and made it what it is before anyone has actually got their hands on it. Don't you think those that do the market research look on these forums for the responses. Good grief only a few weeks ago people were saying its too damn cheap!!

I knew somebody was gonna pull the whine card !!!!

the LTM 11200 in Liebherr's colour's are cheap ...it's the Mammoet version that awry..

Its not a whine ..its a discussion ..and as much as i agree with you don't buy...Its not about forcing anyone to buy ..fact is ..If we all would stand with one voice ..we may at least get somebody attention as to where the line is for the cost of custom liveries ... we as a group ..have a choice ...We're either advocates of the hobby or we're sheep to the corporation's ....We do have pull..

As far as Mammoet and Nzg are concerned ..I say the line gets drawn here ....

And as much as anybody says don't buy it, that's life get over it ...that's just a leg up to charge more ...Its not fair ..its not right ,its about Mammoet and others trying to squeeze what they can out of a collector,admirer's pocket ..through blind d+++++ion ...

Lets see how fast the dirt guys go bezerk in $220 dollar charge for a concrete pump livery...Or a 35$ Norscott dozer goes with a $220 paint job ..

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 4:30:11 PM

did i hear somewhere that the Liebherr lr/lg1750's in Felbermayr livery were made by conrad on their own back,with no real input from Felbermayr,hense there's no limited run

i feel its the extreme oposite with the Mammoet 11200,Mammoet obvioulsy have a great following and so feel they can possibly put any price on a model,as their avid collectors will buy buy buy,all due to the input and copy rights they have given to nzg to make her,

i wouldn't show my anger towards nzg,i feel its mammoet
for example how much more was the Felbermayr or any other liveried ac200 than the standard version? i'm guess €20 at the most,so i'm thinking its all mammoet either pushing the price,naming the price or demanding "X" amount from the model sales,and don't forget NZG will want to make a few bob too,

basically i feel mammoet are the "middle man" here and who here likes a "middle man"

more 2 cents from me,so 4 cents in total so far,only about 49996cents to go Teeth

admin
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:25:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Announcement:

- The Mammoet LTM11200 Version of the crane is now SOLD OUT!

There are a few of the transporters left - but they are going fast!

Chuck
Jack.
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:51:44 PM

It Was this Model or a new drum Kit. You lot will be disaointed in me Sad Teeth

Heavy Cranes
GusO
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:06:00 PM

well said lotacrane, your right and i will be getting the mammoet one but thats not the point
the point is their trying to screw every last penny out of us, and as jibtickler said they do check these forum,s but also he must remember it is a place for discussion is it not, my heart go,s out to you american guys the dollar is so weak at the momemt.
wonder will they do the nicest livery of them all mcnallysSmile
gus.
jibtickler
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:37:57 PM

The choice between this:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-50-CHINA-XCMG-CRANE-QY200K-MAMMOET-NO-NZG-LIEBHERR_W0QQitemZ330376339277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiecast_Vehicles?hash=item4cebf6df4d and a LTM11200 in Mammoet Livery... which would you prefer??Teeth

come on boys you know you just wanna buy this dont ya?? similar monies.

No, honestly please dont... its not authentic and looking at it closely it looks pants.

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:25:22 PM

admin wrote:
Announcement:

Chuck

Yikes, well there you have it!.

I've always steered clear of these discussions about "over pricing" etc because it's a very dividing issue but, if true, it would be sad to think that liveried models are being unreasonably priced-up.

I suppose what it might mean for many collectors is that instead of buying two larger priced models they only buy the one big one which results in the model manufacturer selling one less model....

But for now let's hope the 11200 lives up to the hype!!.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

hulan
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:27:55 PM

admin wrote:
Announcement:

Chuck

Sad Sad Thats sad. I was hoping to get one.... I wonder, will there ever be more made (And at a cheaper price)?

Greg H
bigcranes
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:28:47 PM

Since there is no "real" information on the standard 11200, why assume that the price of it will remain low? Along with the rest of you I do not agree with the exteme price spread between yellow and gray to red and black. Graham has a very good point with so many countries taxing the hell out of anything that comes throuth the door, why not ship from china to the UK?? or to EU? One would think this would eliminate at least one border crossing / taxation. Anyway to those that bought, enjoy.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Lima 70T
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:05:37 PM

hulan wrote:

Sad Sad Thats sad. I was hoping to get one.... I wonder, will there ever be more made (And at a cheaper price)?

Greg H

Your not the only one. Was really looking forward to getting this model in the mammoet colour. However, looking at what mammoet store had, 600 made gone=gone so, no more would be made. Hmm might have to email them and find out!

If i can't get a mammoet version, just the "plain jane" Liebherr colours.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!