Paul Crane
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:31:52 AM
Groups: Member

That is incredible craftsmanship !!!
hummer13
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:43:36 AM

A I Nikolis wrote:
If I am correct, the only demag models that is out right now was released before Terex bought Demag. After Terex bought them, we haven't seen any more crane models from them (CC 8800?), so the chance is probably bigger that we will see a model of LR13000

Pretty sad they never commisioned any other models after the 8800. It would be nice to see a CC2800 , although a LR13000 would be nice to see

Quote:
Now would I want the CC8800 twin or perhaps a CC6800

I am currently working on a CC6800, I might even make a second one to sell?

Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
rawima
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:40:59 AM

And in Germany we are aware of another discussion about TEREX and their european brands:

Article in a german construction forum about economical needs of Terex and possible conclusions: Is Terex construction equipment present on the European market in future?

The translation of this article into English:

``After an assessment of the Terex CEO Ron DeFeo, the U.S. company might leave entirely the European market for construction equipment as early as next year.

On a J.P. Morgan-industry conference in New York, DeFeo announced that he would decide early in 2010, which areas are to be sold.

Already in February, he announced, possibly to leave the building and earthmoving business when he said: "My job in the next nine months is to repair, merge or sell."

In his opinion, Terex' presence in some markets, including Europe, was not large enough to generate adequate profits evenly. Hence the focus on sales and minimize costs.

DeFeo continued, "We could never prove true, that we can be really profitable in this business. I'll have a look at the whole for each individual categories of products and make some decisions in early 2010."

Already at the Intermat there had been rumors that Terex wanted to secede from the Terex-Fuchs brand.
If Terex should actually return the cards back into the game, one may be curious how the market will reorder themselves. Indisputably Terex has a few attractive candidates in the portfolio.
It would be conceivable that New Holland or Hitachi are interested in the segment of material handling. The big excavators product area (Terex O & K) might be of interest for Caterpillar.
``

Though this matter might also affect Terex-Demag and the probability of new Terex scale models.

Regards Rainer

Regards Rainer W. Markgraf - private collector
A I Nikolis
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:09:04 PM

I don't understand really Think Is Terex going to sell parts of the company? If they sell Demag, what will happen then?

//Alexander
rawima
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:41:18 PM

Alexander, yes it seems so.
But it`s still open if and which brands or parts of Terex will be sold, closed down or being restructured.
It`s also not known yet whether Terex-Demag will be among these.

If there will be ever a sale of Terex-Demag, well there are several possible candidates to buy it.
But at the moment as far as I know, Terex-Demag still has sufficient and profitable orders, so I don`t think that they will be soon a candidate for sale.
But I also don`t believe that Terex generally thinks very intensive about new scale model projects at the moment in any of it´s branches. But I may be wrong and we will be surprised at BAUMA next year.

Regards Rainer

A I Nikolis
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:13:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I doubt Terex would sell Demag just like that, since it is one of the biggest parts of Terex..

//Alexander
MammoetMan
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:51:57 PM

A I Nikolis wrote:
Thanks for the info. I doubt Terex would sell Demag just like that, since it is one of the biggest parts of Terex..

I don't think that Terex-Demag is going to be bought out because the company as a whole is just too big.
Demag could probably downgrade and scale back on the mobiles.
Terex, on the other hand, is probably just a rumor

Just my two cents

CC8800twin
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:00:50 PM

And what if our friend Wolfgang Wagner is too kind to make some more of those amazingApplause Applause Twin models and sell them to the publicPrayPray ?
CC8800twin
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:33:05 PM

CC8800twin wrote:
And what if our friend Wolfgang Wagner is too kind to make some more of those amazingApplause Applause Twin models and sell them to the publicPrayPray ?
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:08:16 AM

Wow! That model is just insane! I had already seen it in person during the construction stage but did not realise it had almost been completed! It has to be one of the best customised/scratch built models I have seen in a while. Hopefully he'll bring it to Bemmel next year??

As for the Terex selling Demag, well I guess we'll see. A lot of sales and acquisitions have taken place of the last 12-18 months in all areas of industry so I would not rule anything out.

Paul R
ConstructionSite
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:59:58 AM

That is an impressive model and one that I never get tired of seeing! Talk about being the centerpiece of someones collection.

Article wrote:
After an assessment of the Terex CEO Ron DeFeo, the U.S. company might leave entirely the European market for construction equipment as early as next year.
It makes perfect sense to me. But the aerial, crane and material handling sections of Terex are their most profitable by far. Demag will not be sold, even if they are built in Europe.

Numerous articles and interviews have said that Terex is looking to back away from the backhoe loader, wheel loader and excavator product lines that have stiff competition from Cat, Deere, Komatsu and Volvo. But one of the main reasons is most of those products are being built in Europe where high manufacturing costs and the exchange rate are hurting them greatly. Demag will be with Terex for a long time to come and Terex will continue to prosper in the niche market product lines.

With that said, and while the mining lines at Terex are doing well for them, I still believe the grumblings and that Orenstein & Koppel being acquired by Caterpillar is a forgone conclusion. There are too many whispers in the hallways. I can actually see Caterpillar being interested in more than a few areas of Terex|Mining.

- Chris Smile

Orenstein & Koppel: I don't know why, but that name just screams "earthmoving" to me. Teeth
rawima
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:16:24 PM

CC8800Twin, if you are patient enough to wait for each model more than 2.5 years and got more than 20,000.00.- € for each model, there might be a slight possibility that Wolfgang will do that.
Sorry that was a joke.
These 20,000.- € had been the price, Wolfgang joked this year at Bemmel, that would be not enough if DEMAG wants to buy it, when he was asked for the price to sell the model.

But as far as I know, Wolfgang won`t build an other one, and I understand that well.
If you have to build for more than two years only boom and luffing parts, almost every day every evening after your daily hard work, you are shurely completely bored by the thought to repeat that for some years again. As Wolfgang told me, when we met last time at Minibauma, building this model was a one time in your life action.

Paul R and Chris, Terex`s possible selling any of it`s european brands, is at the moment just a media conclusion after a maybe mistaken statement of Terex`s CEO at J.P. Morgans Industrial Conference. As I mentioned, Terex-Demag is still making good profits and has a satisfying production capacity utilisation at the moment, so in my opinion there is no reason to sell it, but you mentioned it, it can`t be ruled out, because nobody now knows or may forecast which hard decisions a company is forced to make in future.

By example yesterday the former founder of NEUSON and Chairman of Wacker-Neuson, Mr. Hans Neunteufel was surprisingly recalled.

If Wolfgang will be in good health and will get a free weekend by his company, he will be at Bemmel again with his finished model of the CC8800 Twin and some of his other masterly build models on 20th of March 2010.

So we may met there at his stand.

Chris, selling parts from Terex-Mining like O&K to Caterpillar seems also for me more possible because Caterpillar tried to do that already before O&K was sold to Terex, and you are right there are to many rumors about around, but I am not shure if this would be good for the survive of O&K and it`s technology or more like the german saying: "out of the frying pan into the fire".

Kind Regards Rainer

Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:20:39 PM

rawima wrote:

If Wolfgang will be in good health and will get a free weekend by his company, he will be at Bemmel again with his finished model of the CC8800 Twin and some of his other masterly build models on 20th of March 2010.

So we may met there at his stand.

Kind Regards Rainer

That would be very good and I will look forward to it! But I will not have €20000 with me!

Paul R
rawima
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:48:32 PM

Paul, me too. It was just a joke, but with a serious core in it.
In Germany an hour of a professional scale model maker costs about 50.- €.
Material price for brass each kg is about 8.50.- € and you need many kg for this model
Also don`t forget the prepairing work in making special building widgets, dead works and clamping fixtures to build the model, and making the tools to assemble and disassemble the model on model shows easier and to make the transportation boxes for the model which you all can`t buy or rent anywhere. Assumeing that Wolfgang only worked 3 hours on 300 days a year on this model, Wolfgang would have spent 2,100 hours work on the model
So calculate a reasonable price for it yourself.

Kind Regards

Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:11:40 PM

rawima wrote:
Paul, me too. It was just a joke, but with a serious core in it.
In Germany an hour of a professional scale model maker costs about 50.- €.
Material price for brass each kg is about 8.50.- € and you need many kg for this model
Also don`t forget the prepairing work in making special building widgets, dead works and clamping fixtures to build the model, and making the tools to assemble and disassemble the model on model shows easier and to make the transportation boxes for the model which you all can`t buy or rent anywhere. Assumeing that Wolfgang only worked 3 hours on 300 days a year on this model, Wolfgang would have spent 2,100 hours work on the model
So calculate a reasonable price for it yourself.

Kind Regards

You are quite right with your figures and I am not disputing them at all. Wolfgang has put a lot of time and effort into making an incredible model. I am hoping he is well enough to show it at Bemmel!

Paul R
CC8800twin
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:26:34 PM

It makes perfect sence why wolfgang wouldn't do it but why wouldn't Demag make a scale model of the biggest crawler crane in the world and sell it to the public?
rawima
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 6:16:36 AM

Well Erik,
first nobody of the collector scene, even Wolfgang Wagner knows at the moment, when a and which kind of new scale model made by which model company will be the next official Terex-Demag Crane scale model.

Second there might be similar reasons not to make an official CC8800 Twin scale model like there had been for Liebherr never making an official LG1750 scale model. (The LG1750 SLH scale model was a special model, ordered exclusive and only by the Liebherr shop only to be sold by the Liebherr shop and not by the Liebherr Group, which is responsible for official Liebherr scale models, the ordinary LG model was never sold or supported by Liebherr, it was a complete own project of Conrad at his own risk only authorized by Liebherr).
Some Reasons hat been, that Liebherr had had more important and more innovative crane projects like the LTM 11200-9.1 or the LR 11350 almost ready to be produced and sold at that time, Conrad asked Liebherr for authorization of the LG1750 model.

If you look back again at Terex-Demag now, their most selling Lattice Boom Cranes are the TC/CC2800 and the CC5800/6800 cranes and Terex-Demag has the new very innovative AC1000 too.
Until end of May this year only two CC8800 Twins, one without and one with luffing jib, had been built and sold yet. And that`s shure too, a CC8800 Twin serial scale model would be a very expensive and large model. So may be they are frightened too, not to sell enough of these models.

Kind Regards Rainer

CC8800twin
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 6:06:17 PM

well thats too bad....

Right now I am working on a scale model of the Twin. I am just in the drawing the crane in scale with all of its dimensions, so I still have a very long way to goTeeth
CC8800twin
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 9:46:44 PM

CC8800twin wrote:
well thats too bad....

Right now I am working on a scale model of the Twin. I am just in the drawing the crane in scale with all of its dimensions, so I still have a very long way to goTeeth

i started this project like 6 months ago, but i havent had that much time to work on it but i am trying to give it as much time as i can

CC8800twin
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:17:03 PM

here some more pics of the amazing Twin model