DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gbarnewall's Machine and Model pics(UPDATE March 16th Conexpo ) Options · View
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:36:57 PM

Groups: Member

Looks awesome graham!
Kinda wish I would have purchased one before I bought my new truck, but really needed a new one! The more photos I see of this thing, the more I want it!
Drool

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Homer
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:47:52 PM

Great to see this old thread dusted off and resurrected Graham, its one of the best on the forum.

I can imagine your excitement when opening this, it must've been like the arrival of a new baby for you! Teeth Well worth the wait it looks like a fantastic model and always good when the glue can stay unopened. Cant wait for a few liveries to start appearing so I can get my hands on one.

Noel.
DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:48:57 PM

Holy crap man, i didnt even know you were still alive, or collected models, or even posted on this forum anymore..... its been a very long time since we have heard from you

I want this model, i just hate the price, and ill wait for a liveried version (which ill hate the price even more) and that will be my only AC 1000

whenever you get the time, can we see some pics in all her glory, SSL on, fully extended, maybe some side by side comparision pictures to the LTM 11200

Congrats on the new model
GC1
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:33:03 PM

Great to see you got you Mojo back Graham..those new digs take the sting out of all of us for a bit, amongst other impede cues to our collecting aspirations also.
Anyway, a great way to return....and how you doin?.
Sam-wch
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:14:17 PM

Good to see you back in action Graham, and what a way to come back Teeth Wink

Too quote you it looks a "sexy" modelWhistle Teeth hopefully some nice liverys will show up next year so I can get my hands on one Cool
Formu1fan
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:12:23 PM

Lookin' Good Graham! Will there be a Jib released for this model?

-John
bigcranes
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 2:24:42 AM

Great package day!! And good to see you're still at it a bit, I want one of those myself, but have been throwing money into my 4 wheeled money shreader in the garage!

Take care, Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
favco500
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:01:17 AM

Graham very nice addition,great assortment of tools you have for putting it together(nail clips and drill bits)needed a bit of tweaking I guess,mine arrived in OZ today
should have it by the end of the week,hope it's just as fault free as yours,need to get the ycc 501 kit from the 500 to give the cab a bit more detail with wipers,
At Least you now have 9 foot ceilings to show it at full extension,cheers Steve.
Jack.
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 2:25:19 PM

Looks Mint Graham Cool , I remember back in the day when we were both gunning for this crane whilst the rest of the forum slagged it off, an now insist on buying a model Teeth

Heavy Cranes
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:43:57 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all,

I hope everyone has been enjoying the festivities,chocolate,beer and of course some time off work.

I have been busy over the past few months with other model related projects,the main one being getting a "model room" sorted,or making some progress with it,flooring,tables/benches,shelving and now my little rail road layout,although this is not diecast construction related here is a little clip,I have hinged the curve closest the door for easy access with one more curve to hinge,also I have done a small track ballast test to see if I can master the method before buying tonnes of ballast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTN9VM9m5QI&feature=youtu.be

I tried a few different track layouts,I had a nice one with an elevation drop but due to the geometry of the big engines I need about 32ft of a loop to drop 8 inches,O scale needs astronomical amounts of space,but I am happy with what I have and it will fit in nicely to future ideas of blending the rail road in with some HH or lifty dios.

Because time and money has gone to the above model buying has dropped off big time,with only a handful or so being bought,last of which was I think Kavanagh Crane Hires Volvo or the much touted as a failure but not built in China, Terex AC1000.

I am really looking forward to the next batch of offerings from CCM,those scrapers look fantastic and hopefully will be bought in pairs,the D9h I am saddened/sickened by could have and should have been "The" dirt model of the year but enough has been said about that and I feel CCM has learned.

There was a drastic lack of new items this year,which suited me but lets hope 2013 can deliver some great new models,some big mining machines along with a couple of new crawler cranes,still screaming for a CC or TC model.

Well I can hear my Toblerone calling me,time to put the kettle on....

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:03:58 PM

Happy holidays to you also. Looks like you've spent a lot of time on that layout and its looking good. It will be nice seeing all come together over the coming months, I'm sure.

Paul R
GusO
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 4:23:03 PM

Graham good to hear from you i taught you were after heading of to tibet to join the monks
the model room looks good ill have to pay you a visit when its finished.
goodluck gus.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:59:52 PM

Well guys,its been over a year since I added an update to my thread,

I had seen pics of this baby on Facebook while she sat in Germany waiting for the postage stamp,during the week I got chatting to a Liebherr fitter and he told me he was going to be travelling with her from Dublin port to CHL's yard,driving around earlier today I decided to stop by their yard to see if they were unboxing the beast,

Apollogies for the poor pic quality,it was a very over cast day and using my phone,

They were unloading all the fresh new pieces from a ballast truck,very imposing machine and the first on the emerald isle

First sighting

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

dain555
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 2:02:35 PM

Graham, your still alive!!!!!Smile Smile Nice pics brother, hopefully the weather gets better and we can get some more shots of the lady!!!

Oh yeah, where are the "Window Sill 2.0" shots???? Anyways, glad to see ya here and hope y'all post some more again!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:30:55 PM

Well another 6 months has passed so its time for the weekly update ha!

Nothing has been tickling my fancy the past while,CCM's big Cat excavator will join the ranks and keep these company,my two new arrivals,NZG's Liebherr R9400's,

Cracking models,great hydraulic detailing,ram eyes painted,stiff rams,etc, just typical NZG build,

Both back hoe and FS came without any surprises in the boxes,and you get a small bag of 4 or 5 track pads

Comparison R9400 v R9350

Apologies for pic quality as I have to jump start my camera battery,so the phone is the camera now

MartinW
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:48:54 PM

They look sweet Graham. I wish I had the room to display them or I'd have a pair.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:52:40 PM

Very nice! Good looking cars in the background too! (I'm a 1:18 car fan too)
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:55:57 PM

Jamiescotland wrote:
Very nice! Good looking cars in the background too! (I'm a 1:18 car fan too)

Jamie there are a few others who got struck down with the 1/18 bug too,some very nice items from collectors

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=128013

Victor Pay
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:54:26 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Well another 6 months has passed

And we still don't have the answer to your question!
"Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?"
Wink
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:00:34 PM

Ah, hadn't seen that post, nice collection you've got. I've got over 100 1:18 cars, many customised. I don't buy many these days, just one or two a year if I see something nice on Ebay. I'd love to get the new CMC Ferrari 312P Coupe as it's my favourite Ferrari. I also think the Chaparral 2E is a beautiful car so would like Exoto's 1:18 version. They're out of my price range for now though, plus I'm definitely more interested in construction and mining models now.