DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1:50th Cranes by Paul R - *Updated 01/12/23* Options · View
J.Galvez
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:20:57 PM

Groups: Member

Nice addition Paul. This livery is one of my favorites.

Jose.

The proudly Mexican cookie monster!

It's a diecast thing.You couldn't understand!
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:28:38 PM

My days always start well when you put new pics up...thanks Paul. The scenery looks better in your new digs also. Bit more room now. Cool Cool
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:39:32 AM

GC1 wrote:
My days always start well when you put new pics up...thanks Paul. The scenery looks better in your new digs also. Bit more room now. Cool Cool

Thanks! I have to agree that the scenery is better than before Smile Fields on two sides and a single storey house on the other and a view of a church in the distance on the 4th side.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:24:25 PM

Got a bit of a package day today. Haven't rigged the first two because my model room is currently no existent and I have nowhere for them to go Sad

H N Krane LTM 1030-2.1

Wiesbauer AC500-2

Nordic LG1750

Felbermayr LR1300

I cannot praise this model enough! I was torn with deciding between this and the van Marwijk version but decided to go blue. Detail is excellent, paint finish is great and is also a very stable model.

It came like this out of the box:

And now rigged. There are two more sections for it but I opted not to put them in.

Thanks for looking,

Paul R
Esab_Steelblue
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:40:03 PM

Your wife must love you a lot mate Smiley
You must have a serious collection now? What you received today looks fantastic and I can see why your so impressed with the 1300.
Also your photos are stunning.

Smashing stuff Smiley

Andy

How to search the forums
Sam-wch
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:10:51 PM

A "bit of a package day" Paul?? Cool Great set of models there Wink Teeth

Its amazing how the new conrad rims and sheeves make the models look so much better.

After seeing these pics the felbermayr 1300 is defintly the nicer of the two Drool

You need to get this model room set up soon Paul and rig up all these big girls Teeth
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:56:13 PM

Super stuff Paul,but there goes another poor postmans back Wink I bet they dread getting your route lol

the LR1300 looks so good,to be honest too I really like the Van Marvijk too,its not to be sniffed at either,I think in any livery it would look smashing,

Gaz,you need to pox the powers to be at Ainscough like you never poxed anyone before!!!! an Ainscough LR1300 would look the dogs dangly bits!Cool Cool

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:02:26 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Super stuff Paul,but there goes another poor postmans back Wink I bet they dread getting your route lol

the LR1300 looks so good,to be honest too I really like the Van Marvijk too,its not to be sniffed at either,I think in any livery it would look smashing,

Gaz,you need to pox the powers to be at Ainscough like you never poxed anyone before!!!! an Ainscough LR1300 would look the dogs dangly bits!Cool Cool

Could not agree more! Would make a great model Cool

Thanks for the comments guys.

Paul R
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:41:47 PM

Great additions Paul, I honestly think the wiesbauer is the nicest ac500 made by conrad to date, and comparing it to the real thing, they seem to have got it very very accurate too. There's some great models coming from conrad in the past year!

The LR1300 is sweet too, I agree with graham it would look great in Ainscough colours.

Noel.
Gaz
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:48:02 PM

Paul,

Amazing mate, love that HN krane LTM1030, sometimes the small models get over looked.....think i'll be getting that.

LR1300 is on my wish list.....thinking of spraying it up ainscough but not sure if I have the time or ability but its a nice thought.

When you get your model room mate invite me up for a day and i'll give you a hand to get them all rigged Teeth

Gaz
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:54:11 PM

I think you might right Noel regarding the Wiesbauer. I will add a few minor touches to it such as rear light cluster and perhaps license plates. But overall it is a nice looking model.

Gaz wrote:
Paul,

Amazing mate, love that HN krane LTM1030, sometimes the small models get over looked.....think i'll be getting that.

LR1300 is on my wish list.....thinking of spraying it up ainscough but not sure if I have the time or ability but its a nice thought.

When you get your model room mate invite me up for a day and i'll give you a hand to get them all rigged Teeth

Gaz

You might regret that! Be a while though as my schedule for the next month or two is pretty hectic. Have been getting a few ideas and thoughts together so we'll see what happens. May be you could come over and park the 1500 in the drive way for the weekend Whistle

Paul R
VIPCranes
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:10:06 PM

Congrats paul. Those models they look owesome. I like the 1300 in the livery man looks nice.

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:24:37 PM

I haven't installed a AC500 jib ever since they first came out and I set one up with my Christmas tree in 2004! But ever since I saw a picture of the Felbermayr AC500-2 with a luffer attached, I wanted to do the same to the model and here it is. I have to say a really like the look of it but still don't trust the main boom cylinders to hold it up, so I have now taken it off again. Guess I'll have to invest in some YCC cylinders.

As most will realise, this is not the full jib. I missed out about 2 sections I think on the very end. It's a pity Conrad never corrected the mistake of not putting enough pendants in with model.

Paul R
Bobm2004
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:53:49 PM

Groups: Member , Moderator

I like both the AC500 and the LR1300. Need to score some cash as I would love to get teh LR and repaint it! I tink it would look great in say, oh, red and black!!!

Nicely done Paul!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:16:53 PM

Nice Paul! love the added details too,

Back in the day when I got the Terex Demag AC500-1 I had it set up with almost all the luffer,3 big luffer sections left out and 1 telescopic boom section not extended,I had it set up over my bed unsupported for a few months and there wasn't a peep out of it,you should be ok with yours too

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Sammler-Mamfredo
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:40:26 PM

Wow,wow....and wow,

nice looking cranes Paul,the AC 500/2 Felbermayr with flying jib looks very good. And the rest of your models too.... i like your pic's Smile

best regards
Steffen

OLD STYLE MANUFAKTUR
Sam-wch
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:31:08 PM

Great shots Paul, the added details on the sections really make it impressive Applause
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:23:16 PM

These models have been around a little while now but I've only just got around to taking a few pictures. Despite the fragility, I am still impressed with the LTM 1050-3.1's. My McNallys did suffer some minor damage but I didn't notice until after the photos were taken d'oh!

McNallys LTM1050-3.1

Michielsens LTM 1050-3.1

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 4:13:16 PM

Received these models over the last few weeks:

ALL AC500-2

Wiesbauer AC500-2 Had this one a while but I added boom decals, painted on the rear lights and added a license plate on the front. Will do the rear but I don't have any matching paint as yet.

Grohmann LG1750 Wasn't really planning on this one but HTM had such a good deal I could not refuse!

And finally a quick family portrait of the LG's:

Thanks for looking,

Paul R
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 4:28:02 PM

Nice additions Paul Applause The boom on the wiesbauer ac500 makes the model look way better Wink