DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1:50th Cranes by Paul R - *Updated 01/12/23* Options · View
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 5:27:07 PM

Groups: Member

Paul R wrote:
Alberta Millwright wrote:
Really nice models Paul, great to see you're still adding to the collection. I really like that Schot ltm 1500. When are we going to see those new ltm 11200's as well as that Thomen LR 1600 rigged up?

I have not bought a new 11200 for a while now. In fact I have sold 3-4 of them!

LR1600/2 Thomen will be rigged. I am waiting on YCC walkways for it but have painted a hanging ballast tray already, as the real one does not use the wheeled ballast wagon. Always seemed strange to me that NZG and/or Liebherr went to the bother of casting and making the wheeled ballast tray when most of the models released so far do not actually use one! Most seem to use the suspended version.

Thanks for your interest - I am glad someone still is Wink

Next update might be the Mammoet AC700/9 :d/ :d/

Paul R

Oh no, is the complete ltm 11200 collection now missing some liveries! Which ones did you sell off?

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
Victor Pay
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 5:54:23 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
and I believe that the boom is still blue.

That's right, pictures of last month of this LR 1750 can be seen here: http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=3949&pagenum=101#634819

Quote:
That Thoemen LG1550 is one of my all-time favorite cranes. It was the one that got damaged in an accident involving a retaining wall failure,

Here you're not right. The crane that got damaged in that retaining wall failure accident was a newer crane, that had only just been delivered to Thömen in 1998.
It had the license plate HH-TN 58, and was delivered with both telescopic and lattice boom.
After the accident it was repaired at Liebherr, but didn't return to Thömen - it went to Hanys instead.
However, Thömen kept the telescopic boom so they could use it with their other crane.

This other crane, which has the license plate HH-WT 60 and is still in use to this day, is the one that YCC brought out as a model 2 times now Teeth

This crane has a unique history. It was built in 1992 as an LGD 1550, the first crane with derrick and heavy SW Boom.
Built in that year, it had the old style driver's cab, under carriage and upper carriage - like the way YCC made their latest models.
So this is the one that Paul just showed here. With great help from a few German forum members, YCC managed to capture the way the crane was painted at delivery.
Pictures of one of its first jobs, september 1992 can be seen here: http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=3443&pagenum=9#627966

In 1998 the crane caught fire, and was brought to Liebherr for repair.
Then the unique thing happened: it was rebuilt in the new look that Liebherr had started in 1997.
So, a second life with a new face for this crane - with the same license plate HH-WT 60.
At the same time it was also equipped with the software for the telescopic boom - the one that Thömen had kept from the accident crane HH-TN 58.

In this second life the crane is still around. Over the years, colours have slightly changed... showing its age Teeth
http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=3949&pagenum=99#630065
And representing this second life, YCC earlier brought out a model of it as an LTM 1800.

So now there are two models of one and the same crane, from different time eras.
At home you can make the impossible happen:

( Yeah I know, it's nothing compared to what you can do with all the models of the Gottwald AMK 1000 Wink )
Paul R
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:53:41 PM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
Oh no, is the complete ltm 11200 collection now missing some liveries! Which ones did you sell off?

Franz Bracht, van Marjwik and ROXU.
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:33:35 PM

ALL Crane Rental Tadano ATF400G-6:

Paul R
JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:49:20 PM

Victor Pay wrote:
This crane has a unique history.

That's an understatement! Thank you for the information. Was the retaining wall accident in 2005?
Victor Pay
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 6:05:48 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
Was the retaining wall accident in 2005?

Yes, that was 2005. Found a series of pictures here: https://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/olfen/fotos-vom-kanalunfall-2005-g34339.html
modelmaniac
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 8:50:20 PM

I really like the look of Faun cranes,anyway.That one,looks great.Love that livery,it also has all the right bits,in all the right places.Those boom-lights are a really good feature.That is a beautiful model.Applause
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 11:23:45 AM

Victor Pay wrote:
JohnGalt wrote:
Was the retaining wall accident in 2005?

Yes, that was 2005. Found a series of pictures here: https://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/olfen/fotos-vom-kanalunfall-2005-g34339.html

Thank you for that link. I never realized that it was a river crossing over a river. Fascinating series of events, and the recovery pictures on Hansebubeforum were spectacular.
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 11:25:31 AM

modelmaniac wrote:
I really like the look of Faun cranes,anyway.That one,looks great.Love that livery,it also has all the right bits,in all the right places.Those boom-lights are a really good feature.That is a beautiful model.Applause

This crane probably uses a boom dolly in 1:1. I like it better without, so that's one thing that I'm glad got left off of the model.
Paul R
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 1:31:33 PM

Membreys LTM1050-3.1

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 8:07:40 AM

Mammoet AC700-9 by IMC Models:

Probably fair to say that this model did not get off to a great start with the shipping issues. However, to be fair to IMC models they have made good on my model so I shall not dwell on that any further.

Packaging was some of the best I have seen! Very well presented and of course the book makes for a good read. Instructions are good and easily followed.

The model itself is quite incredible! I find it well made and quite a nice lot of detail. One of the main things I like are the sheeves for the boom and hook. They are the right colour, tight together and make reeving the hook a lot easier. Really like the frames that came with this model for transporting the counterweights, hooks, mats and outrigger legs. Lifting chains work really well with the CW tray and CW's and adds to the realism of the rigging process. I would also liked to have seen a frame for the SSL.

Winch mechanism is nice and smooth with a positive lock. Counterweight tray also attaches easily.

Outriggers are solid and do not bend under weight!

Overall I am so far very happy with this model.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 10:28:33 AM

And finally the lift with a group photo for a successful and same project!

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 7:03:30 AM

Chi Deh LTM 1800 by YCC Models:

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 7:10:32 AM

Baldwins LTM1800/LTM11000D by YCC Models:

This is probably the first project I have been involved in from beginning to end and I am extremely happy with the end result! YCC did a great job of creating this replica and Baldwins themselves were easy to work with. The fuel tank for this model is also specific and was created from actual drawings of the one Baldwins use with this crane.

This is the first and only YCC model of a UK based company Smile

I hope you like it as much as I do!

Paul R
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 1:24:28 PM

Excellent.Applause Really clear pics(as usual)of a really good subject.I'm assuming it has that actual numberplate,as it is a unique model,of a 'real' crane.Love those accessories.That crane looks great.Real nice livery,and all the bits match perfectly,as I have said,it will look just as good,in transport mode.
JohnGalt
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 2:13:50 PM

Drool Drool Drool
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 3:54:55 PM

modelmaniac wrote:
Excellent.Applause Really clear pics(as usual)of a really good subject.I'm assuming it has that actual numberplate,as it is a unique model,of a 'real' crane.Love those accessories.That crane looks great.Real nice livery,and all the bits match perfectly,as I have said,it will look just as good,in transport mode.

Yep, the numberplate is also correct.

Paul R
Victor Pay
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 4:36:52 PM

Congratulations Paul, a project to be proud of Smiley

Are derrick and jib also part of the project?
Btw this is not the first UK-based LTM 1800 model... we already had the Sarens LTM 1800 (also ex-Baldwins) Smiley

About the derrick - when I google LTM 1800 pictures, it seems that the UK is the place to find the telescopic boom + derrick combination.
Baldwins, Sarens, Ainscough, Osprey... they all use it Smiley
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 8:20:30 PM

Victor Pay wrote:
Congratulations Paul, a project to be proud of Smiley

Are derrick and jib also part of the project?
Btw this is not the first UK-based LTM 1800 model... we already had the Sarens LTM 1800 (also ex-Baldwins) Smiley

About the derrick - when I google LTM 1800 pictures, it seems that the UK is the place to find the telescopic boom + derrick combination.
Baldwins, Sarens, Ainscough, Osprey... they all use it Smiley

Victor,
Derrick and jib are planned!

Sarens is not a UK based company, they are Belgium. Though there was a Sarens crane registered in the UK that a model was based on. Baldwin’s are 100% UK, as are Ainscough.

Splitting straws I know but it is correct Wink

But Seaforth is still the best looking LTM1800 there has been in my opinion! I think this one also ended up at Baldwin’s? I think you know the history of both LTM1800 that Baldwin’s had?

Paul R
Davie82
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 6:51:50 AM

The AC700 looks incredible Paul. I'm really taken aback by the detail compared to the Conrad AC500, which is still one of my favourite truck crane models. IMC really outdid themselves! Thanks for the pics as always.