DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hough IH 560 and Dresser 560B in 1/50 Options · View
bluebarn
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:12:56 PM

Groups: Member

Charles moeller wrote:
I would like it in 1/50th too, if First Gear would make a 1/50th 560 payloader too. A 1/25th scale one would be great with the 1/25th 560 payloaders First Gear made.Pray

Since this was mentioned in the other topic on Payhauler Dump Trucks, Here are 2 that have been made in 1/50. The Hough was a short run by a company in Europe (model was sold thru the Dealers back in the day) and the Conrad Dresser 560B (the one pictured has some minor issues as I did not want to search for the NIB one).

I'm not sure if First Gear would make one in 1/50 since two different ones have already been made, but they might if approval was granted.

DO THE CRIME....DO THE TIME...QUIT CRYING

ZOOM ZOOM....Home of the Carpet Diorama and Garbage Can Collection

Just Sitting Back & Drinking The Kool Aid While Watching The Lemmings
Shovelman
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:51:23 PM

A new model of a 560 (regardless of generation) is highly doubtful in my opinion. Kudos to Bluebarn for posting the photos! The "Hough" version I have has a rubber stamp marking 'made in W. Germany' on the bottom. In all my years of collecting, nobody seems to be able to identify the manufacturer.

Personally I would hope for a 1:50 580, as the successor to this machine (Dresser 4000) is currently produced by EMD.

Would anyone here like to see more I-H models from the "red" era????

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

brian falcone
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:23:34 AM

allways enjoy your pics. you have the coolest stuff around...i heard a while back about a plastic 560 loader in 1/50 with no markings . a promo available from the dealers back in the day. ive emailed speccast about a "red" international td14 with drott skid shovelattachment.. they said its interesting but they had no plans....too bad as it would be cool to display it by its replacement,the 175. also im planning a dresser repaint of the 175 as soon as im finished with the other projects. not sure what first gear is doing next for internationals. i hope the 560 will appear in 1/50 as they 175 is out in 3 different scales. as is the td25. the 560 is out in 1/25 and 1/87 so it could happen....right?there was also the tomoca dandy 560 with komatsu decals in 1/80. great phtos. thanks for sharing.
Ajax Man
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:47:26 AM

The Dresser 560 looks better....of coarse, those are the old Dresser colors, but I prefer the Dresser yellow with the blue stripe...that is the best looking Dresser...I wish they made more scale models of Dresser equipment....there used to be as much Dresser iron out there just as much as Cat....

Wolverine Tractor & Equipment sold alot of Dresser Equipment products to alot of different contractors here in Michigan. But the contracting market wasn't there biggest customer, it was actully scrap yards, steel mills and the industrial market....that was there biggest customer until one by one, the scrap yards and steel mills were bought out by conglomerates and Caterpillar started to rise and become dominate in those markets....

Wolverine Tractor & Equipment was an International Harvester dealer, then Dresser until Komatsu owned Dresser entirely in the mid 1990's. After that happened (I believe around 1997) WT&E was no longer allowed to sell Dresser products and A.I.S. (who was the Komatsu Dealer and still is the Komatsu dealer for Michigan) became the Dresser and Komastu dealer up until the Dresser product line was absorbed into the Komatsu product line...

It's amazing how things change so quickly in 15 years....

"THE KILPATRICK ENTERPRISE IS GOING TO JAIL, MIKE DUGGAN IS MAYOR, SYNDER IS GOVERNOR AND IS FIXING MICHIGAN"

AJAX MATERIALS CORPORATION...AJAX PAVING INDUSTRIES....BLACK OR WHITE, WE PAVE MICHIGAN

QuAD
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:47:31 AM

It was one of the first model I get.
There was a quiz at the Hannover Mess ± 1975 and I won one of the 1000 free models.
I even have a extra form, and still have the model although I collect only the Caterpillar TTT.

For al hoe are interested I have a CD with 6 catalogues and 38 factory photos from the IH560 fore sale.

QuAD
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:48:04 AM

Here some pic's from the box