DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

A Giant gets ready for work..CC8800Twin Options · View
Lotsacrane
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 9:35:20 PM
Groups: Member

ulf wrote:
The twin spec sheet makes for some amusing reading... Cool

No doubt ..theres places where the chart is in excess of 350% of the CC8800 unit ...not bad Smile

Q-Ball a wolf in Jesus skin ---the sorcerer of reasonable commentary

I smile & wave

Sometimes I think life is just a rodeo,
The trick is to ride and make it to the bell.

Tricky_Thin
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 9:48:53 PM

This is somethingi have noticed on other photos of this big girl, how come the tracks look like ones facing one way and ones facing the other?

Visit www.lccc.co.uk
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 9:50:54 PM

its done on purpose.... something about the drives being on opposite ends is better for the tracks (less stress maybe) Christian will be able to answer better but i know its something along those lines
CC8800twin
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:11:09 PM

Amazing pics! Thanks!

Well,that makes the third Twin. Who owns this one? And who owns the red one?
TimT
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:48:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

J Hart, two projects using the AP1000 system are underway now with site preperation in full force. The two plants are the Virgil C. Summer Nuclear Generating Station with two new units, and the Plant Vogtle units 3&4. Earthwork is well underway on both mega projects. License is pending but WILL be issued in 2011. Several more plants are in works in the US now. Bechtel is finishing Watts Bar Unit 2 as I speak, and will add units to other stations as well. Nuke power is going to be a big thing very soon here in the US... Its the only way forward for this country now.
Lotsacrane
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:18:30 AM

Tricky_Thin wrote:
This is somethingi have noticed on other photos of this big girl, how come the tracks look like ones facing one way and ones facing the other?

the tracks are interchangeable ..the initial concept of design in the CC8800 was there be no left or right track..makes difference on the site when you get the wrong track ..
Of course ..the track is a box frame of two piece's ..so its possible you may get the wrong end to soon ..

I smile & wave

DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:34:07 AM

Lotsacrane wrote:
Tricky_Thin wrote:

the tracks are interchangeable ..the initial concept of design in the CC8800 was there be no left or right track..makes difference on the site when you get the wrong track ..
Of course ..the track is a box frame of two piece's ..so its possible you may get the wrong end to soon ..

thats what it is.... damn i cant believe i didnt remember that!
A I Nikolis
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:35:42 AM

Have you (TimT) taken these pics?! Applause

TommiR8 wrote:
Very nice..

But 900 tones?

Dosent seem much to me when compared to the LTM or am i missing the point here..

Yes you are missing something great. Do you think LTM 11200 (which only has 202t counterweight) would be able to lift 900t at 30m radius? 1200t doesn't mean that you can lift with full boom and 20m away, it means at a radius of 2,5m which is "inside" the legs anyway.
Lifting capacity is just a small part of it all. One of the other important things is the load moment; a 400t crawler crane (Liebherr LR 1400/2 for example) with superlift (which means total 405t counterweight) can lift much more at a radius of for example 30m than LTM 11200 can.

//Alexander
AlvinB
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:55:51 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
man if i had money to burn i would buy that Twin model from that guy... what a beast! i was gonna say how does he raise the boom with the double bridles. its hard enough to get the A-Frame lines to be equal and its just a short distance, let alone all that line trying to keep the tensions exactly the same has to be damn near impossible!!

Dewoc,

I use two separate motors to lift the boom on my "Lego" model of the twin...it is not all that hard to get them to spool at the same time.....just takes tons of patience for this thing to get to 75 degrees or so!

The beatings will continue until Morale improves......
DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:00:23 PM

are they synced up some how? its hard to get the tension to be exactly the same on the models on the A-Frame, i have done many models and had to redo them multiple times cause by the time you get the A-Frame all the way back one side is really tensioned and the other is quite slack
Lotsacrane
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:02:14 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
are they synced up some how? its hard to get the tension to be exactly the same on the models on the A-Frame, i have done many models and had to redo them multiple times cause by the time you get the A-Frame all the way back one side is really tensioned and the other is quite slack

What Ive done ..a piece of brass rod ..go between the strings and massage the line to even out the tension ..

Not to get of topic ..here ..but are they "double boom hoist drums" on the same shaft ....and are you turning the rope back mid way across ...

I smile & wave

DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:08:46 PM

i know the correct way it to run the line from one side of the drum and then tie off to the other side so one side unwinds while the other winds but i dont like doing it that way, i have never done that on any of my crane, i put an equal amount of sting on both drums, reeve one side and tie it off then reeve the other side and tie it off so they are both equal tightness.... its a matter of the knot sometimes that makes the difference in tight or slack. sorry to get off topic
ulf
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:25:19 PM

Alvin - that Lego model is just friggin' sensational. I realize you have featured it on the Forum before, but it is something else... Cool
CC8800twin
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:51:19 PM

The other 2 Twins:
Al Jaber:

CC8800twin
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 1:47:16 PM

More pics of the Twin of CNEC:

and here a usefull link.
The pics are from CNICEC