Groups: Member

Quote:
Nike makes a pretty good pair of flip flops

LOL

is that with the double plugs..??Cool Cool
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:22:12 AM

lol nice..I like my Rocky's that I buy, never had a problem with them! I've bought a few pairs of Red Wings, my dad swears by them but I wasn't a HUGE fan of them. The seals around the sole and boot started to leak and Red Wing would not do anything about it, they're comfortable but I would rather pass on them the next time.

One thing I will never buy a boot without Gore-Tex though, it's a must for any boot! I don't care if the boot you say says "WATERPROOF", that's BS, because that "WATERPROOF" will eventually be gone!

Justin, maybe with all of your time off because of your knee, maybe you can think of a boot design that you are looking for, and it might be the next big invention!! WinkAni
rollinlowford
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:02:29 PM

they say "mammoet" on them but who "makes" them....? save big $$ and buy without the mammoet name

its a good name but probly jacks the price up by 50%

im lucky to get 12months out of a pair of workboots... the cheaper the price the shorter the months they last all equals out in the end.

if you treat the leather they do last alot longer

oh and i spend the extra $$ on a boot with a composite toe perfect for cold weather and a non steel saftey plate (sole of boot) which most hydro plants is manditory and there a lighter boot

redwings are good for steel workers but lack a heal which is bad for regular work
Steve
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:34:38 PM

I buy the Red Wing Boots for Loggers. They have a higher tops for climbing gear and the waffle sole for traction and are grease (gas,oil,etc.) resistant. They come waterproof and keep my feet dry. And yes the "WATERPROOF will eventually be gone" due to wear if you don't take care of them and re-treat them now and then. Rocky's aren't bad for hicking around and everyday wear. But for a work boot they suck.
Lima 70T
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:49:16 PM

I've got a pair of CAT boots, ain't to bad, just a little hard on the feet. I looked into a pair of these Mammoet boots, like to get a black pair. I will get a pair soon. You can get them from Mammoet, email the Mammoet Store and ask them, i have and got an answer very quickly. They ship them anywhere in the world!.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
prentissconstruction
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 2:46:25 PM

Try Danner boots. Nothing cheap about them.
Avg price around $250. But I have used them for 8 years plus.
No salt water experience with them, but everything else.
But like all good boots they need to be re oiled and coated according
to your environment. I like the forrester the best. Even the hiking shoes are
great. One last note check out the weight per boot. Nothing lighter weighing on
the market. Makes a huge difference.
ssdphoto
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:26:47 PM

I have really bad feet......bunions on both and can't really stand for more that 8 hours at a time....I have to have something really comfortable that fits me well and doesn't allow my foot to slide.

I have worn 4-5 pairs of Chippewa Saftey Toes, black oiled water proof with thinsulate for the last 10 years and I have tried every boot that's out there.

As a photographer out there alongside the men and women of heavy construction and demolition I've been working in the field and out in the elements for 30 plus years. In addition to shooting the Big Dig for 7 years I have also done roadside assist, was a 4x4 and race mechanic, and built houses for many years.....

Stephen SetteDucati, Manager of Marketing and Media
MCM Management Corp.

DeWoc19
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:14:40 AM

prentissconstruction wrote:
Try Danner boots. Nothing cheap about them.
Avg price around $250. But I have used them for 8 years plus.
No salt water experience with them, but everything else.
But like all good boots they need to be re oiled and coated according
to your environment. I like the forrester the best. Even the hiking shoes are
great. One last note check out the weight per boot. Nothing lighter weighing on
the market. Makes a huge difference.

man i checked a lot of the "work boots" and a bunch of them had a lot of negative reviews!!
Lima 70T
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:52:52 PM

Well bit the bullet and got a pair of Mammoet boots. I just got them and they are made in China and engineered at Bata Industries. They are very comfy just walking around the house atm. The pair i got are called Horn. Also like the idea of two choice laces, red with black fleck or black with red fleck.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!