DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Look what I found LTM 11200 Options · View
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:58:23 PM

Groups: Member

Great lookin crane like the Oversized Graphics and standout white reminds me of the "Snow White" 500 tonnner !

TFS
chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:22:45 PM

Wow!! That thing looks beautifull white, awesome pics, very lucky to see it up close, wish I could find one here but i doubt I'll ever see one in person, but then again I always thought I would never be able to see the manitowoc factory or the 31000 in person, but I did, so hopefully one dayPray

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
a Cutter
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:40:32 AM

RMS Models wrote:

America is the continent, in this case North America, on the continent of North America exists the nations of Canada, United States, and Mexico.
Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil

So true and yet so overlooked.

Chris
DC Craneman
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:15:53 AM

At one time, one of the mid-atlantic region crane rental companies had a production slot for an LTM11200 but I am not aware of what happened to it. No one that I knew could figure out wha they were going to do with it unless they wanted to be a late entrant into the wind energy field. Even the population of LTM1500s is not large. It is nice to know that we might have a chance of seeing one.
Oakland
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:56:34 PM

I saw part of this LTM11200 heading through Boise going towards Oregon today!!! Here is the only picture I could get of it... Quite impressive to say the least! I intend on contacting Mullens first thing tomorrow morning to try and find out where this beast is going. I saw this thing by sheer luck... I happened to glance up at the freeway while I was taking pictures of dirt equipment. :d/ :d/

Teeth

http://photobucket.com/cat627g equipment pics. theres nothing like the smell of asphalt in the morning!
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 11:08:16 PM

lucky catch man! you sure are lucky to have spotted it
Oakland
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:00:10 PM

I just got off the phone with Mullen Crane and they would NOT give me a location all they would say was that it was going to Oregon. Sad d'oh! . I could have told them that.... I want to know where in Oregon! Whistle

http://photobucket.com/cat627g equipment pics. theres nothing like the smell of asphalt in the morning!
ConstructionSite
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:56:36 PM

Oregon hu? Hmm. Very cloak and dagger. Sometimes companies will be that way, but he confirmed enough information. Wink So if he said that she is definitely going to Oregon, have you ever vacationed in Cecil? Maybe Eddy on the Columbia River? No?! Well maybe it's time!

My guess would then be she is going to the HUGE Shepherds Flat wind project in north central Oregon (almost against Washington). The Air Force and Pentagon have been fighting and stopped the construction because of "homeland security concerns" (there is a large "radar" in the vicinity) but recently, and very unexpectedly, they gave up the fight. 338 turbines will be erected at Shepherds Flat making it the largest wind farm project in the country. Construction was already to have been well underway, and now that they have the green light they are in a rush to get going again. Otherwise there really isn't much else going on in Oregon wind farm wise. I highly doubt that she would be dispatched for turbine maintenance somewhere, she's a front line unit.

So HERE is your map, you have a brand new camera with a great zoom...now go get 'em! Just don't aim the camera in the direction of the "radar".

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...

- Chris Cool

(I'll make a call or two and get back to you off forum.)

(POOF!) Sizzle, sizzle...
Oakland
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:12:26 PM

Well thank you! That is some great information and if that is indeed where she is going I will figure out a plan of attack and head out! Wink . Mullen does alot of windfarm erection so this is probably the spot! Pray

cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:07:11 PM

Hope you guys find it and get lots of pics, good luck

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page