DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Anyone hear of Bulldog skidsteers? Options · View
Kyllerontherocks
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:25:57 AM

Groups: Member

I was browsing machinery trader and stumbled upon a Bulldog skidsteer. Interesting maching, never seen a skid steer with telescoping arms....

Kyle C
DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:29:27 AM

Thats the Skidder there...that is a great idea,,sometimes you need just that little more reach...

Great find
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:36:05 AM

DIGGNRIGGS wrote:
Thats the Skidder there...that is a great idea,,sometimes you need just that little more reach...

Great find

there is no more reach in that machine than any of the other skid steers on the market now days.... i can load a semi with sideboards in a New Holland or Takeuchi.... never ran any thing else to load a semi with but i know the old Cats couldnt do it but since they updated them im sure they can now as well
Kyllerontherocks
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:38:33 AM

It said it has a 13 foot length when fully extended from kingpin to bucket. Interesting concept.

Kyle C
Greasemonkey
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 4:22:54 AM

DeWoc19 wrote:
there is no more reach in that machine than any of the other skid steers on the market now days.... i can load a semi with sideboards in a New Holland or Takeuchi.... never ran any thing else to load a semi with but i know the old Cats couldnt do it but since they updated them im sure they can now as well

But can you reach a pallet on the other side of a highboy trailer without driving around to the other side?

You may be able to reach a fair ways with a parallel lift machine, but I think you'll find a radius path machine like this one will have a bit less range.

I like the idea of this, but I wonder how rugged it would be.

Brian

RowanH
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:01:52 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:

My thoughts exactly, looks like a clever idea but I wonder what it's chart would look like. Those arms don't look strong enough to support any type of decent weight and any length. Nice find though!

PS, for anyone looking for more information:

http://www.bulldog-usa.com/item.cfm?item_id=6

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Basketball Man
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 8:11:45 AM

Cool Idea, but then again it might be quite tippy.

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
towoc999
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 10:12:46 AM

Hi !

yes might be a little less strong than other steers but I'm sure there is a niche for this machine !
also to get rid of tipsyness they should have a telescopic counterweight like on certain cranes .

The Frenchman
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 12:20:48 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:

But can you reach a pallet on the other side of a highboy trailer without driving around to the other side?

You may be able to reach a fair ways with a parallel lift machine, but I think you'll find a radius path machine like this one will have a bit less range.

Brian

i may not have been able to pick a pallet totally clean, but i was able to grab it with the tip of the forks and tilt it up enough to slide it back to myself from the same side of the truck and then pick it cleanly once close enough
dain555
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 12:29:41 PM

Cool concept, looks almost like an older Case or a Mustang skid steer model repainted and retrofitted!!!!

Having operated a lot of different brands this would be ideal for unloading flatbed trucks of stuff like fence parts light pipe and also for snow removal.

Typsyness could be controled with a larger counter weight on the back or as towoc999 pointed to a moveable weight.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:14:42 PM

It'd never last in demo, but a cool concept none the less.

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
TimT
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 7:22:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think its a fantastic idea....I agree it will have a market..... Just like the telescoping backhoe... as far as strength, I imagine you could get all the capacity you want with the proper machine/setup. I can think of many good applications for a skidsteer with a telescoping boom.My guess is that some major mfg will buy this idea.. and soon all the majors will offer something like it.
a Cutter
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 10:16:01 PM

TimT wrote:
I think its a fantastic idea....I agree it will have a market..... Just like the telescoping backhoe... as far as strength, I imagine you could get all the capacity you want with the proper machine/setup. I can think of many good applications for a skidsteer with a telescoping boom.My guess is that some major mfg will buy this idea.. and soon all the majors will offer something like it.

Was thinking the same myself.......in due time.

Chris
Tigerotor77W
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:08:29 PM

This machine has been out there for some time already -- so far, no buyers [of the company]. :p

Greasemonkey wrote:

There's a misconception here. Vertical lift machines generally don't achieve maximum reach at mid-height -- Bobcats and Cats do (perhaps Case, too), but Deere and NH achieve maximum reach at maximum lift height. Even with Bobcat and Cat's lift arm designs, the radial lift machines still offer more reach at truck-bed height than do their vertical-lift counterparts.

Opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Caterpillar, Inc., a copyrighted trademark.