DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Komatsu scraper pics Options · View
Oakland
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:45:18 AM

Groups: Member

Rather than taking over Vinny's post I figured I would just make a new one, here are a few Komatsu scrapers on a fairly large subdivision project a few years ago. These were pretty big scrapers for this area and we don't see Komatsu scrapers very often...

http://photobucket.com/cat627g equipment pics. theres nothing like the smell of asphalt in the morning!
Lashlander
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:04:46 AM

Hmm, I didn't even know Komatsu made scrapers..
renaultman
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:55:21 AM

Lashlander wrote:
Hmm, I didn't even know Komatsu made scrapers..

Same here.

JTL
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:03:26 AM

Cool,cool Justin. Whos machines are these?
After seeing Vinnys post about the Komatsu scrapers, I got to thinking about an old Modern Machinery sticker on an old Komatsu forklift I saw once. It had a scraper, as well as a loader, dozer, hoe and such in a circle around the Modern logo.

Are you an enviromentist, or do you work for a living?
turbo21835
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:04:56 PM

If memory serves me right, these machines are the old International line after komatsu took them over.

Charter Member, QBall Fan Club
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42336642940&ref=ts
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:16:46 PM

I think those are WA 21's or W21's. Ryan Inc from Janesville used to have a few and they had to be
split to move. Ken
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:17:26 PM

I think those are WA 21's or W21's. Ryan Inc from Janesville WI. used to have a few and they had to be
split to move. Ken
JTL
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:24:48 PM

turbo21835 wrote:
If memory serves me right, these machines are the old International line after komatsu took them over.

Now that you mention that, they do look like the old Corn Binder 433's, single engines would have been a 431.
The 433 was about the same size a 627 Cat and would run right along with a Cat all day burning less fuel and moving the same amount of muck, if not more.

Are you an enviromentist, or do you work for a living?
Oakland
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:59:25 PM

JTL wrote:
Cool,cool Justin. Whos machines are these?
After seeing Vinnys post about the Komatsu scrapers, I got to thinking about an old Modern Machinery sticker on an old Komatsu forklift I saw once. It had a scraper, as well as a loader, dozer, hoe and such in a circle around the Modern logo.

Sorry for the slow reply

They are owned by Trico Construction Inc out of Boise. This is the only project that I have seen their equipment on. I dont know much about the Komatsu scrapers but they were really cool to see.

http://photobucket.com/cat627g equipment pics. theres nothing like the smell of asphalt in the morning!
Shovelman
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:06:56 PM

turbo21835 wrote:

The Komatsu scrapers have nothing at all to do with the International Payline scrapers. Komatsu released their first scraper in 1970 and production ended in the mid to late 1980s. A total of four machines in two capacity classes were produced over the years. They were; WS-16S, WS-16, WS-23S, and WS-23. The single-engine machines are designated by the "S" suffix.

kcmtoys wrote:
I think those are WA 21's or W21's. Ryan Inc from Janesville WI. used to have a few and they had to be split to move. Ken

Do you have any photos of these machines? I'm curious as "W" and "WA" are wheel loader designations.

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:41:25 PM

Shovelman wrote:
turbo21835 wrote:

The Komatsu scrapers have nothing at all to do with the International Payline scrapers. Komatsu released their first scraper in 1970 and production ended in the mid to late 1980s. A total of four machines in two capacity classes were produced over the years. They were; WS-16S, WS-16, WS-23S, and WS-23. The single-engine machines are designated by the "S" suffix.

kcmtoys wrote:
I think those are WA 21's or W21's. Ryan Inc from Janesville WI. used to have a few and they had to be split to move. Ken

Do you have any photos of these machines? I'm curious as "W" and "WA" are wheel loader designations.

AH, WS-23 was the designation I was looking for, Thank you. I will look for pics, I am not sure if I have any here at home. Ken
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:13:30 AM

Great shots! Strange to think that one of the largest earthmoving manufacturers in the world doesn't currently produce scrapers.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Gd10r
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:36:43 AM

I found a bowl today with Ryan Decals on it. At the WVA and Maryland Border. I will get some shots and post up here.
G

Still Plays with Toys
kcmtoys
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:11:42 AM

Gd10r wrote:
I found a bowl today with Ryan Decals on it. At the WVA and Maryland Border. I will get some shots and post up here.
G

Graham, that is the last place I saw one, was at their WV yard. Ken
jdofmemi
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:17:18 AM

Just to clarify, the "W" in the Komatsu designation is for wheel machine. WA is loader, and the "A" represents something in japanese for loader. WD is for the wheel dozers, WS for wheel scrapers

They never really were able to get many sales away from Cat and at the time Terex, so therte are not many to be found. I have heard the ones they did sell had major issues, and most found are low hour machines, because they would not last long enough to get the hours a Cat scraper usually sees.

Jerry