DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Manitowoc 31000 diecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Options · View
richie51
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 7:05:58 PM
Groups: Member

i was wondering roughly how much do some of you serious model collectors spend in a year. i myself have bought a couple of models this year, but reading some of your posts it seems like some of you guys spend a small fortune. whats the most any of you have spent and how many models have you bought in one year or month.
admin
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 7:30:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Well- this is an interesting topic...

To clear some things up:

- No more than 500 Manitowoc 31000 models will be made. This is to make sure the distributors for TWH get the number of models they need and the Manitowoc requirement is met. Only about 100 are expected for the collector market. (DHS has ordered the bulk of these). The balance (up to what the company wants) will go to Manitowoc for promotional purposes. That is why the total quantity is somewhat nebulous.

- There is no deposit required to pre-order the 31000 crane model. But don't order them if you can't pay for it when it arrives, PLEASE!.

- The model will be awesome in detail - made in the same facility as the Bucyrus 8750 dragline model. The technology is so advanced there will not be any problems with this model when it arrives.

- The problems reported with TWH crane models in the past were few and far between. Anyone with a problem posted the issue. The thousands who purchased the models with no problems did not post anything. This is normal for a scale model release. TWH stands behind their products and we are very proud to represent them in the market.

- TWH is not having any abnormal trouble producing models. They are experiencing the same pressures as any other company in these economic times. They are still producing models and are also dealing with supply issues at their factories in China that many of you don't even think about.

- The 4100XPC Model is delayed. This is due to a couple of factors including the lower sales of the model so far, factory scheduling issues and a number of other factors including readying the model to have an RC version available. Anyone who has submitted a deposit for these models is safe and received the discounted price as well as the ability to get the first round of models delivered. Anyone who orders a model now pays the normal price and does not need to submit a deposit - get your orders in as this model is a masterpiece. A letter will be going out next week with all of the details spelled out to those who pre-ordered these models.

These are facts - not speculation.

Thanks!

Chuck
Komatsupc400hd
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 9:03:11 PM

richie51 wrote:
i was wondering roughly how much do some of you serious model collectors spend in a year. i myself have bought a couple of models this year, but reading some of your posts it seems like some of you guys spend a small fortune. whats the most any of you have spent and how many models have you bought in one year or month.

I spend close to 1000 bucks a year on models, I think I've spent that already this year though. This year's had some awesome releases (All the Volvo stuff) and I'm working on senicing a 4x8 dio.

-Sean

cranedude07
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 10:05:08 PM

hmmThink , its tough to say, each year is different, ive spent about $2600 just this year! but i didnt really get anything last year either so this year made up for it hahaTeeth

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Robert Heuston
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 10:45:55 PM

I just saw it advertised on Quarry Diecast Models website here in Aus and cost of $2700AU
No way im getting it im lucky to earn that in a month.
a Cutter
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 11:33:39 PM

a Cutter
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 11:34:50 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
TWH and Manitowoc are 2 seperate companies.... i dont think TWH would be in the business of model making if they werent trying to turn a profit.... and if you think they are going to give away 400 model 31000s as promotional gifts to people that buy this crane, they are going to be sitting on the shelves collecting dust for quite a long time

It's more certainly the case that Manitowoc has or will (obviously) pay for these to whatever price required by TWH in order for them to profit from this arrangement.
In fact, the 100 total to the collectors' market is likely a sweetener to the pot for TWH with Manitowoc's good graces on licensing of their name and this particular crane.

Chris
Robert Heuston
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 11:48:07 PM

I thought TWH was owned by Manitowoc Group?
Robert Heuston
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 12:12:08 AM

Correction part of the Manitowoc Group
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 9:25:29 AM

richie51 wrote:

Small fortune!!!!! yup thats one way of putting it!

The mani is on its way, along with a few others, the Lampson 4100 ringer, Sarens LTM11200 and Mcnallys LTM1050. Models i've bought this year, MK100, Mcnallys 112 & ballast wagon, James Jacks wagon, LR1300, Kavanagh AC100, Ainscough LTM1160 and Potain MDT178 tower crane.....and we are only in August!

This new 31000 will sit nicely with the PTC. Here's to hoping for a LR13000 soon Teeth lol

Gaz
richie51
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 1:42:10 PM

GAZ thats some serious spends ive got a long way to go to get near that!! . maybe i need to transfer to beckton depot you boys must be doin ok.
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 2:13:48 PM

richie51 wrote:
GAZ thats some serious spends ive got a long way to go to get near that!! . maybe i need to transfer to beckton depot you boys must be doin ok.

Come on down fella, loads of work down here. my 150's been flat out Teeth

Gaz