mogs
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:16:01 PM
Groups: Member

have spent a few days in liebherr factory,some pics of a lift of 1800t

et.com/albums/ss326/mogs_2009/001-1.jpg"/>
Jack.
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:17:57 PM

Super pictures mate, i guess your being trained up on a crane there?

Heavy Cranes
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:06:32 PM

Great pictures Mogs!! Must have been a real treat being there whilst the LR13000 is being tested. I'd give my left nut to be there for that!!

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:42:29 PM

..on yer bike!!....

super VIP behind the scenes snaps there Mogs!! have McNallys wrote a cheque out for the LR13000? Teeth Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

jibtickler
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:49:50 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
have McNallys wrote a cheque out for the LR13000? Teeth Teeth

Im pretty damn sure i know the colours that this beast will be painted in Shhh Nudge nudge wink wink

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
birdman
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:15:00 PM

Great shots Mogs, that's one mighty fine bit of kit, Marcus could the colours be 3002 and 9005 ?Whistle Whistle

Steve.
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:17:03 PM

Super pics Mogs Applause. Please, please do post more if you have any!.

I see it even has small ladders attached for getting onto the floating ballast tray!.

So, one of the first will be in Mammoet livery.....?.Think

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

jibtickler
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:46:38 PM

birdman wrote:
Marcus could the colours be 3002 and 9005 ?Whistle Whistle

Steve.

I couldnt say for sure really, but would not be suprised in the slightest if this didnt appear on fleet at some point. Liebherr are going to want someone to try this lump out in the real world and not just a show piece. There was talk back in the day of conception that a Brazilian company were looking to purchase this. Who really in the world has regular work for a crane of this size? sure it may go to someone who may have a project for a year or so, but my guess is liebherr are going to want to see this crane transported, rigged up and working then de rigged and relocated as many times as possible to show other potential customers that this crane is economical to transport and assemble and is the crane to go for.

I bet now that you will never see the serial numbers go above half a dozen for this crane. All i plead is that one never ever ends up working for a chinese power company!!!

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:01:31 PM

Mogs you sure are a lucky guy man, just like Paul said, i would give my left nut to see this thing up close and in the flesh!!! thats just an impressive looking crane

yeah im sure Mammoet will have one of these for sure.... like Jibtickler said, how do you have enough work to keep something like this in your fleet and always busy.... but Mammoet do keep like 5 PTC cranes busy so whats one more i guess.

how do these test lifts work, they just have to get it off the ground 6 inches? is that even practical? when would you only need to lift something 6 inches, it will have to come off some sort of transport.... so shouldnt the test lift need to be lifted at least 20ft or so?

and if there are only half a dozen of these things sold, whats the point? the cost of R&D, marketing and building them, is the profit that great to justify only 6 or 10 of these things? i cant imagine the market for 3500t cranes is that extensive is it?
hummer13
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:46:22 PM

Paul R wrote:
Great pictures Mogs!! Must have been a real treat being there whilst the LR13000 is being tested. I'd give my left nut to be there for that!!

Paul R

I would give my right oneTeeth Lucky guy

Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:23:43 PM

Excellent pics mogs thanks for posting.

Could McNallys have their name on that LG1750 in the last pic by any chance? Would be a good crane for wind turbine work too.. Now that'd make a sweet model, I could just picture it set up between Fionn, Hamish and the ac500!! Drool Drool Drool Oh and about 10 volvo support trucks!! Teeth

Noel.
transtechnic
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:47:22 PM

Homer wrote:

Could McNallys have their name on that LG1750 in the last pic by any chance? Would be a good crane for wind turbine work too.. Now that'd make a sweet model, I could just picture it set up between Fionn, Hamish and the ac500!! Drool Drool Drool Oh and about 10 volvo support trucks!! Teeth

Noel your gonna be a BAD santa saying things like thatTeeth Whistle Cool...might have to stop paying the tv license to cover that scenarioAnxious Wink ..Regards.

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:51:20 PM

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Applause Applause
all i got to say!

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Robert Heuston
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:57:27 PM

Homer wrote:

Im with Homer, a LG1750 would look great as a model
A I Nikolis
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:09:10 AM

Has Mammoet bought any CC 8800 twin since it came out 2007? No they haven't, and that's probably because they already have their big PTC, MSG and other upgraded cranes. I wouldn't be surprised whether they bought a 13000 or not since they have both reason to, and not to, buy one.
I'd rather say this crane will be used by other big companies like Sarens, ALE, Al Jaber, other big companies (I wouldn't be surprised if China bought one for their nuclear projects) who want strong cranes but don't build their own (or some, but not many of them, like Mammoet).

But yea, damn that 1400t superlift looks crazy! If I remember or heard correctly, 1900t will be maximum on the tray.

//Alexander
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:23:17 AM

Whatever the colors end-up being, so be it. That is an awesome crane! Thanks for the pictures, great postTeeth

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
mogs
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:50:13 PM

Homer wrote:

You never know....watch this space
Martin J.
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:13:10 PM

mogs wrote:
Homer wrote:

Oh my poor bank account..... nice pictures by the way Mogs!

Engineering; Its all STRESS and not just Force over Area!
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:10:46 PM

You can just buy this baby to hold your company sign up ...Great Attention getter in the crane yard ! Whistle Teeth Something like...... we are the Mega-Lifters ! Nice pics.

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
Homer
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:08:17 PM

mogs wrote:
Homer wrote:

I certainly will, wont be able to sleep tonight now thinking about it! Teeth

Noel.