DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

AC 1000/9 pics Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 3:49:57 PM

Groups: Member

for the two or 3 non Liebherr fans on the forum some sweet assembly pics of Terex's monster courtesy of Bouwmachine FORUM

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=5169&start=320

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 4:12:02 PM

yeah i saw these linked through Hansebube.... what i want to know though is how come its always photographed without the superlift on? i think i may have seen only 2 pictures with the superlift actually on the crane
transtechnic
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 4:36:50 PM

...january 2011...Teeth Teeth..she'll look the dogs nethers in yellow & blue(uk)...

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
richie51
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 4:37:01 PM

i think that may have something to do with the axle weights of the crane when traveling on the road. as she travels with the boom ,unlike the liebherr 11200. they cannot attach the superlift as it overloads the axles. so it comes seperatly. this i think was an issue for ainscough at some point as i heard that they wanted it to travel with the superlift on the boom all the time. at one point there was a rumour that they had canceld the order because of that problem, but i guess this has been resolved now as the cranes are due in the new year.
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 5:10:49 PM

Yes those photos are good. But I have to say that certainly in transport mode, it is not aesthetically pleasing to me. Perhaps look better painted in a good livery.

Paul R
kerst
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 5:21:35 PM

richie51 wrote:
i think that may have something to do with the axle weights of the crane when traveling on the road. as she travels with the boom ,unlike the liebherr 11200. they cannot attach the superlift as it overloads the axles. so it comes seperatly. this i think was an issue for ainscough at some point as i heard that they wanted it to travel with the superlift on the boom all the time. at one point there was a rumour that they had canceld the order because of that problem, but i guess this has been resolved now as the cranes are due in the new year.

Is Ainscough going to leave the outriggers on while traveling?

Kerst

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1096251
Gaz
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 5:38:38 PM

kerst wrote:

100m boom on board and 2 of the outriggers can be transported under our axle weight laws, which 2 i'm not sure, i'd say the back on board and the front off but i can't say for certainty.

I'm not going into to many details but the machine has been delayed till March now....seriously!

Gaz
kerst
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:13:53 PM

Gaz wrote:
kerst wrote:

100m boom on board and 2 of the outriggers can be transported under our axle weight laws, which 2 i'm not sure, i'd say the back on board and the front off but i can't say for certainty.

I'm not going into to many details but the machine has been delayed till March now....seriously!

Gaz

Wow, 100m boom on board and 2 of the outriggers!

But a shame that we have to wait till march to see it.

Thanks,

kerst

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1096251
Jack.
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:50:19 PM

That is imense..... demag have overtaken liebherr in my opinion latley. Gaz, do you know what type ballast Ainscoughs have gone for? Ac500 style or crawler shape? Isnt there like 3 different ballast choices?

Heavy Cranes
DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:14:28 PM

Jack. wrote:
That is imense..... demag have overtaken liebherr in my opinion latley. Gaz, do you know what type ballast Ainscoughs have gone for? Ac500 style or crawler shape? Isnt there like 3 different ballast choices?

im just curious, but how do you figure?
Jack.
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:16:24 PM

Figure what?

Heavy Cranes
DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:22:00 PM

Demag has overtaken Liebherr?
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:25:36 PM

well I think boom on is the way forward,if the point of transportation cost applies to the lr13000 with regards to the cc8800 twin then it applies to the ac1000-9 too,also I suspect liebherr have seen the advantage of the boom on design,hense the LTM1750 in the pipe line

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Jack.
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:29:27 PM

First of all, as i said, its my opinion.
The ac1000 rules over the ltm11200 in many ways. First theres less rigging up to do, you dont have to un-load a boom, jack it up then attach it, and reave a hook : ac, its all there. Ac can ballast itself up and place its own pads. Cutting job times and costs. As graham said to me, liebherrs have jumped the gun with a 1000 ton class crane, demags have thought the crane through.

Remember, just my opinion.

Heavy Cranes
DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 9:30:24 PM

nothing wrong with what you said, i was just asking why you thought that.... just a simple question
CraneBrain
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:11:33 PM

Jack. wrote:
The ac1000 rules over the ltm11200 in many ways. First theres less rigging up to do, you dont have to un-load a boom, jack it up then attach it, and reave a hook : ac, its all there. Ac can ballast itself up and place its own pads. Cutting job times and costs. As graham said to me, liebherrs have jumped the gun with a 1000 ton class crane, demags have thought the crane through.

LOL!!!!!

Last time I checked the AC-1000/9 has YET to be Proven better then the Liebherr. You guys are just running your mouths about a product that has YET to do a single lift or even be transported and set up on the road or on a jobsite.

Gaz said delayed till March? Are you kidding me? For what? Liebherr Jumped the gun huh? When did the LTM-11200 come out? How much longer before the WAY better WAY Delayed AC-1000/9 comes out?

Honestly as for right now the Liebherr RULES the 1,000ton hydro market. The AC-1000/9 is nothing more then a test field paper weight. Once the demag gets on the road and a few jobs under its belt then you can call it king...

As for right now, I'm calling it AC-1000/9 = FAIL.
cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:22:08 PM

bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:22:41 PM

Jack. wrote:

Not to get too involved with this storm. But, this only applies to a very FEW places on earth! You happen to live in one, but look at where McNally's do most of there work, not around the corner from the depot! My point is that at least some boom, the out-riggers and alot of other parts will have to be taken off when operating in most parts of the world. So I see no advantage to this crane, I like it, sure, but it's no game changer.

Mark

PS: Where the hell is it? Being first out of the gate isn't the most important, but dead last, come on. Demag needs to go copy a Chinese crane!

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
CraneBrain
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:25:52 PM

bigcranes wrote:
Jack. wrote:

Not to get too involved with this storm. But, this only applies to a very FEW places on earth! You happen to live in one, but look at where McNally's do most of there work, not around the corner from the depot! My point is that at least some boom, the out-riggers and alot of other parts will have to be taken off when operating in most parts of the world. So I see no advantage to this crane, I like it, sure, but it's no game changer.

Mark

PS: Where the hell is it? Being first out of the gate isn't the most important, but dead last, come on. Demag needs to go copy a Chinese crane!

Exactly! Also does anybody else think its pointless and or STUPID that the demag has to have jacks to lift the crane up to put the outriggers on?
DeWoc19
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:38:05 AM

i was going to comment more on this earlier but didnt want to get into a debate over it but since it already seems to be going on, then why not.

the 11200 has been out for how many years now, and like it has been mentioned being first completed doesnt exactly mean the best but at least you have put a product out, i havent heard of any major complications with the 112 so it leads me to believe the design is pretty well designed.

to be perfectly honest i think its quite silly to have to remove the outriggers in order to travel, so the crane cant even show up to the jobsite and set up immediately, it has to wait to have the outriggers put on, not that its going to take that much time but it seems senseless to me. like its already been mentioned, it may be able to run with some boom on but i dont think its all 100m of boom (correct me if im wrong) and thats only in the UK... everywhere else its going to need to be removed, i believe thats why Ainscough had so much decision making in this crane, sounds like its a UK based crane to be honest, which is fine and dandy in the UK, but what about everywhere else?

and what is it that Gaz said in another post, this crane is already 2 years delayed, and now another 2 months on top of that, what is going on that they are that far behind schedule!?