DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Diecast cars Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:52:15 PM

Groups: Member

Ok,well I have as well as a growing collection of 1/50 dirt,HH and crane models a collection of about 100 1/18 diecast cars,made by various manufacturers from 60's/70's US muscle cars from Ertl to some top of the line models from BBR and Exoto,

I'll start off with one which I don't have but I so badly want,made by Exoto,I have 3 Group C sports cars,2 Sauber Merc C9's and a Silk Cut Jaguar from Exoto,the detail and shear awe inspiring presence of Exoto models is unbelievable,as you will see in the video

Nissan R89C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkxjaZ88uDA

So please if this hobby has bitten any other members feel free to share share,I'll try get some of mine up as time goes by,

Sauber Mercedes C9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chIo1p4t7sI

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

a Cutter
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:38:04 AM

Have you seen any of the cars made by GMP
?.........some nice looking and well detailed cars for sure, but they are good bit more in cost than Ertl.

Also, just in the case you didn't know of them already; check out CMC......

......jaw dropping beauty.

gbarnewall wrote:

All I can say is where's the key to that thing.

Chris
rollinlowford
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:42:09 AM

I lost count on how many 1/18th scale I have just about all of them are of Ford's most are packed up with no place to put them untill I get the one room done.
bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:01:41 AM

Graham, you have more hobbies than anyone I know! Those Exoto cars are NICE! I have one of their Formula 1 cars someplace, and there is a Mario A John Player Special car due out that I wouldn't mind having!Teeth

Awesome stuff,
Mark

Hey Chris, The GMP cars are very nice too! I have a couple of the 60's drag cards that they did.

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Homer
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:39:06 AM

Wow, talk about attention to detail! How much would one of those exoto's set one back graham? Drool

Noel.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:18:05 AM

Chris,I was close to buying what looked like an 80's NASCAR,Valvoline Ford from I think GMP,the detail looked incredible too,but my lack of knowledge of NASCAR made me pass,

Noel,those Exoto models can be from €250 upwards,they do some cool variations too,take the Sauber Merc C9,they do or they did lots of special packs,like the 3 cars from LeMan,or the 3 chassis and the winning C9 as it crossed the line at LeMan,covered in debris and carbon dust from the brakes and other cars,even the 3 pointed star had the look of being freshly wiped clean so as people would know it was a Mercedes,they also done a 1/10 scale C9,mega money

have to say it makes me wonder when I look at my C9 which I think was €325 and compare it to my CCM McCoy cat 666 which was also €325,I think you get an awful lot more detail in the car

As some may know by now I despise Ferrari Teeth but! there are two cars I would never turn down,the Enzo and the F40

I snapped up a BBR Enzo a few years ago,this would be on a par with Exoto,in detail and price
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DyvfZechKI

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:07:04 PM

one of my favs,Autoart Toyota GTone(ts020)

Video of sister car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWyo0yXOva8&feature=related

two of my Exoto cars,Silk cut Jag and C9

and my BBR Enzo

GusO
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:39:14 PM

very nice i had 2 c9 and 62 feet of track scaleletrix that is they were a beautifull car the lights worked on them as well so you could race with the room lights turned off great crack that was around 1990 ,i have a sizeable collection of 1/64 scale us muscle i use to have a 400 strong 1/43 scale european collection mainly minichamps but i sold them when i moved house however i still have a box up in the attic of 1/43 formula i cars all rare including the ferrari high wings anyone remember these.Smile
89cxsport
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:22:37 PM

I have a collection of diecast VWs in 1/24th scale, I also have few diecast trucks of various scales, most of them are of the 48-50 Ford F1. I have a full size one in the backyard waiting for the funds to have fun with it.

Flickr Photostream
rrehbeiL
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:06:48 PM

Since gbarnewall asked, i dont really check the lounge that much so i havent noticed this topic ;) But this is it so far of 1/18s ive got. Represented are the main brands like Carousel, Exoto, Minichamps, GMP, AutoArt, Maisto, UT, ERTL, ActionPerformance, Kyosho, UniversalHobbies, Solido and iguess i forgot some?

The Indycar series shelfs, mainly Carousel

Indycars by Carousel, F1 by Quartzo, Ut, Minichamps, Exoto, ActionP, Solido

F1 by Minichamps, Maisto and UT, GT cars by UH, Maisto, UT

GT cars by Spark, Chrono, AutoArt, Kyosho, Maisto

DTM cars by Minichamps, AutoArt, IMSA cars by GM. Drag cars by GMP , Exact Detail the NASCAR n GT cars below are made by ActionP, ERTTL, AutoArt, Bburago Rallycars are made by Solido, AutoArt Kyosho, Revell

Topshelf some legends in civil unfiorms makers UT, Kyosho, Motorbox, Anson, Guiloy

Topshelf #2 Rare civilians made by Beanstock, Kyosho, Guiloy

The exppensive cabinet consits mainly of makers like Carousel, Minichamps and GMP .. the last one is an ERTL the Indy car #2 they say its rare

This is a Minichamps Porsche 917/30 CanAm

AutoArt, Minichamps GT cars

GT cars and Indycars made by UH, Minichamps, AutoArt

Top ones are Lotus 72s driven by swedens own Ronnie Peterson its both the Quartzo issue and the Exoto u can figure out wich one is the best. Under them is a Revell Volvo Amazon police car followd by GMPs Mustang highway patrol and a SunStar Camaro Z28 highway patrol

Police cars made by AutoArt and a Maisto at the end

This is the biggest ive got its a 1/12 scale Mercedes GTR from AutoArt ... i got it really really cheap at an online auction. These models are impressive to say the least but way way to expensive for me to buy Smiley

Some are rare some are dimes, I started with Maisto like most do but in the end u seek quality so u end up with the Carousels, Exoto , Minichamps, AutoArt etc bought alot at online auctions like swedish Ebay its cheaper ;) my next investment in the 1/18 scale hopefully will be the Tyrell P34 driven by Schekter at the swedish GP in anderstorp 1976 made by TSM
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:19:53 PM

thats an amazing collection you have there rrehbeil,thanks for sharing Teeth

in the "Topshelf #2" pic what are the two cars on the right?

rrehbeiL
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:39:43 PM

Thats the Gulioy Hispano Siuza HS21 GTS and the Mercedes C112 made by the same company, the hispano is great very very nice details for a guiloy Smiley
U have the BBR Enzo ... i was looking at buying that one when it came out but never got around too it and today they are all gone, is at impressive as the pics and tales show?
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:50:35 PM

Those Guiloy models look very nice!! I never seen them around before

the BBR Enzo is a super model,if you can get one at all buy it,there used to be some on ebay a few years back,I don't know if they are still there,some super details,its up there with the Exoto models

I'll try find more pics of my collection,or group pics,I have alot of single photos but with over 90 cars its alot of pics Teeth

Some of those Lotus F1 will be worth a fortune I'm sure,they look fantastic along with the Porsche CanAm, I was last tempted by the minichamps Audi quattro IMSA race car,

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:10:06 PM

My Japanese collection featuring Gran Turismo cars

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the super car shelf

the GT shelf

the rally shelf

more from super car/grand tourer shelf

JGTC shelf

Le Mans shelf

and another dose of Le Mans and Group C cars

gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:29:49 PM

either 82 or 83 Porsche 956

A merc 300 SEL AMG I think,these haven't seen daylight yet

Now some Muscle,one of my favs

Formu1fan
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:49:26 PM

Oh man Graham, That matte black ferrari is DEAD SEXY.

This is my only model that's good.
I checked ebay, it's worth something like 400 bucks.

-John
rrehbeiL
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:01:17 PM

Gbarnewall that matt black Ferrari 550 looks fantastc whats the make ? The Porsche 950s are really nice cars i liket he sleek Lemans and Gt cars. Ive got some Muscle cars to .. the oldsmobile 442 and a chevelle SS and some trans ams nsuch .. i have to find em to take a group photo Smiley
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:25:18 PM

John thats a tasty Fina F1,wish I had snapped up a few of them,the Gulf version was the only one I found,

That Ferrari is made by Kyosho I think,Its still in its box today,just don' thave the room for naymore cars plus the ones that are on display are getting covered in dust

2 more cars I have boxed and un photo'd are two Bentleys by Minichamps,a White Flying Spur and a Dark metalic green Brooklyns

another one to get if you can is the Mazda 787B(orange and green) its an amazing model,even has little "R" clips holding the bodywork on

the only car I have valued from others on ebay is the Mitsubishi Evo VI T.M.E with stripe,I got it for about IRL£50 back in the day and I think I seen it for around €400 at its highest

rrehbeiL
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:10:07 PM

Got me a new one this week

Tyrell P34 1976 winner Swedish GP, driver : Scheckter

Really nice one made by TSM
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 6:47:12 PM

Got luv those Musclecars reminds me of MECUM with the red carpet !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here