DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

A little something new Options · View
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:52:47 PM

Groups: Member

As little cranes do nothing for me,I'm not as turned on by this but here she anyway

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Jack.
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:15:29 PM

Why do we hardly ever see Great British and American liveried cranes??

Heavy Cranes
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:21:55 PM

Nice find graham Wink

Do wiesbauer have this particular crane in their fleet? Something that strikes me about these 1050's from WSI is that they are being released in quite a few liveries of companies which do/may not actually have this crane in their fleet. Announced or released so far: Mammoet, McNallys, Michielsens, Van der Tol, HN Krane, Sarens, Wiesbauer, Jenniskens, Thomen. The only companies from this list I know for sure that have the actual crane are Mammoet, Jenniskens and Thomen. Some of the others may have it too but definitely not all. It just seems like a convenient way to sell models and make money from popular liveries as the castings are now made. Think

Noel.
bryce
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:58:46 PM

Also Ocean Traders...

Where did you find the H.N. Krane variation???

Thanks, Bryce
Homer
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:09:07 PM

bryce wrote:
Also Ocean Traders...

Where did you find the H.N. Krane variation???

Thanks, Bryce

Ah yes, I knew i'd forget at least one! The ocean traders is another one which doesn't exist in their real fleet, but then again most of the ocean traders models made dont actually exist in their fleet (MWT, Telestep, etc).

I dont have the H.N. Krane ltm1050 Bryce but there was one on ebay last week which sold for pretty big money. It mustn't be going on general sale, I believe most of the H.N. Krane models are commissioned by the company themselves as promotional items and are quite difficult to get. Fritzes model shop in germany had a H.N. Krane ltm 1070 and another one of their crane models in stock last week also but they were very expensive.

Edit: Bryce you have a PM.

Noel.
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:53:28 AM

Looks like my initial thoughts were correct, this picture is taken from the WSI website and shows that the model is based on the older version of the crane..

So thats McNallys, Michelsens, Wiesbauer, Sarens and possibly a couple other models now based on the incorrect 1:1 crane. How many more of these 'false models' are WSI going to make?

Noel.
Robert Heuston
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:04:12 AM

Jack. wrote:
Why do we hardly ever see Great British and American liveried cranes??

Don't forget Australian, we have some nice livery's
gbarnewall
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:48:24 AM

its funny Noel,some models get torn to shreds over decal accuracyWhistle Whistle or lack of details,just curious as to how people feel over ficticious models,I mean some are very nice but if people are highlighting misprints or decal errors on a replica of a machine,surely this "ficticious model" making is the deadliest sin,

just a thought

BTW she is a very smart crisp looker,shame WSI didn't add 5 more axles and jiggle the LTM1050 model numbers about Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:37:44 PM

Homer wrote:
Looks like my initial thoughts were correct, this picture is taken from the WSI website and shows that the model is based on the older version of the crane..

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww239/noconnor05/WiesbauerLTM1050or1055.jpg

So thats McNallys, Michelsens, Wiesbauer, Sarens and possibly a couple other models now based on the incorrect 1:1 crane. How many more of these 'false models' are WSI going to make?

Well I can't deny that this is not the correct model and there are some obvious differences. However, at least the 1050 is close to the 1045 as it is the successor of this crane. Design and capacity are very similar, unlike the 1055 which is a totally different crane and one that the 1050 model has been used to replicate, i.e. McNallys.

Paul R
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:54:00 PM

Paul R wrote:
Homer wrote:

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww239/noconnor05/WiesbauerLTM1050or1055.jpg

Well I can't deny that this is not the correct model and there are some obvious differences. However, at least the 1050 is close to the 1045 as it is the successor of this crane. Design and capacity are very similar, unlike the 1055 which is a totally different crane and one that the 1050 model has been used to replicate, i.e. McNallys.
Paul R

Hmm I dunno Paul, in a scale model the capacity of the real crane is not important to me. The most important thing is that the model looks to be an accurate reflection of the real thing, afterall thats what a scale model is! This is why there was so much complaint about the mcnallys ac500, it was not an accurate reflection. The design of the 1045 is still quite different to the 1050. Both the 1045 and 1055 have significant differences in their visual design to the 1050 which are obvious to anyone who looks at the pics, and the visual differences are the same for both the 1045 and 1055 so I dont think the fact that the real one is a 1045 and not a 1055 makes the error any more acceptable.

Noel.
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:13:37 PM

For me the AC500 was just poor attention to detail. The AC500 model is a reasonable reflection of the real thing but it was simply the decals that let it down and therefore something that should not have happened. At least with the 1050, it is known from the start that it is not a 100% accurate reflection of the machine it is modelled on. I would also still argue that the 1050 is closer to the 1045 by some margin than it is the 1055. But I can't argue that at the end of the day it is 100% right because it isn't. But I rather like the Wiesbauer livery so will add it to my collection. Bit like the McNallys Volvo and ballast trailer - the real one is somewhat different to the one modelled but a compromise I was willing to take.

I still believe no model will be 100% accurate. It is just down to individual taste as to how much of a compromise they are willing to make.

Paul R
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:21:04 PM

Your right, the ac500 was poor attention to detail, decal-wise. But I just think that starting off with the wrong base model altogether from the start, before any paint or decal is applied, is as poor attention to detail as one can get, especially for a company who pride themselves on attention to detail. Why not just do the crane in liveries of companies that have the real thing in their fleet? Who knows, maybe wiesbauer might even add one to their fleet in the future in which case it would be a fantastic model!

I just wonder where it will end, will we soon see LTF1060's being passed off as LTF1045's just to make more liveries and in turn, more money? Think

Noel.
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:29:55 PM

Homer wrote:
Your right, the ac500 was poor attention to detail, decal-wise. But I just think that starting off with the wrong base model altogether from the start, before any paint or decal is applied, is as poor attention to detail as one can get, especially for a company who pride themselves on attention to detail. Why not just do the crane in liveries of companies that have the real thing in their fleet? Who knows, maybe wiesbauer might even add one to their fleet in the future in which case it would be a fantastic model!

I just wonder where it will end, will we soon see LTF1060's being passed off as LTF1045's just to make more liveries and in turn, more money? Think

Fair point, but if the company that owns the actual crane is happy with the compromise then who are we to argue? We have a choice and do not have to buy it, much the same as the company owning the real crane. They could always say no and then there would be no model.

Paul R