DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

BYMO KOMATSU PC 8000 Shovel Model Scale 1:50 Options · View
Excavator
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:11:42 PM
Groups: Member

Pictures of the new BYMO Model: KOMATSU PC 8000 Shovel in scale 1:50 !!!
Model is expected to be available in late Summer !
Price will be somewhere around 500 Dollars !
Weight of the Model is about 6 kg !

Some details are subject to change !!!
And some details still have to be discussed, e.g. the "SUPER SHOVEL" Logo !!!

mitchtim
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:42:51 PM

Great looking model and definately one on my "wish list". I do hope it does get the finishing touches, such as the SUPER SHOVEL decal and link pin covers (to name 2) to make it completely authentic. Here are a few picture of the real machine for comparison.

Mitchtim
Ted Pihowich
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:28:32 PM

I'm sure hoping there are several more detail changes, and discussing more then "Super Shovel" logo
changes. I have been waiting for this model for a few years now.

From what I can see on the photos, the detail looks not much better then what NZG had
20 years ago on the Demag H485S shovel.

I'm sure Komatsu would like to have their flagship model looking just as detailed as the P&H
shovel that will be comming from TWH.

Ted
Chris53
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:36:26 PM

Much anticipated, this together with the P&H4100XPC in 1:50 from TWH,share equal top place on my wish list.
Thank you for the pictures...assume these are of a prototype and further detailing as suggested by others will be incorporated.

Regards,
Chris

Chris
PH4100XPC@gmail.com
paradise concepts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:21:45 AM

I'm gonna order one, looks awesome

Jason

Live it up!
Butler
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:25:16 AM

definately on the order list when it hits stores!! looks really good.
Robert Heuston
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:51:23 AM

One question, because the liftingh lugs are on the boom and stick does this mean we can remove the pins and have it posed in with cranes putting it together?
Greasemonkey
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 3:09:52 AM

You should be able to Robert, I can't see it being too difficult. One thing I am surprised at, is that it looks as if the area where the cab door is supposed to be is just a plain wall, like they left that out of the details. At any rate, it is a nice looking machine, and model, I'm just surprised with the models Brami/BYMO have done in the past, how little detail there seems to be.

Brian
Kevin Bridle
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 8:20:09 AM

I agree Brian, I have the original model in white, nice model for then but things have moved on, not to pre judge the issue but these pictures don't do it justice.

regards
Kevin
RPFowler
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 10:10:45 AM

Having read the baggermodelle review and studied it quite carefully, I think they have made the model just how I like them made! Because details they did not think they could get as good as they would have liked they have just left off. It means we do not have to grind them off and end up with a massive job just to super detail.

Caps for the pins can be done in etch, many of these are in passivated metal finish now, so I can run passivated metal through the etcher and get them done. The additional logo, a decal and some of the other more mine specific parts lend themselves nicely to bits of etch or fine white metal details.

One to look forward too.

Kr

R
RowanH
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:13:49 PM

Exacavator: Some of the best model pictures we've seen here in ages, extremely well done, thanks for posting.

Mitchtim: I was about to post the exact same thing before reading your post, where is the 'Super Shovel' decal? How did this pass Komastu's quality control? It's only a simple thing but it's exactly that, a simple thing, very surprised BYMO missed this. It's a very important part of the Komatsu name.

Chris53: Welcome to the forum, waving from Melbourne.

RPFowler: Great perspective, can't wait to see you work your magic with this monster.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

a Cutter
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:20:50 PM

One thing to note; it looks as if the bucket has 'working' hydro cylinders unlike so many big shovel model of the past.
I like it well enough and can assume that a hoe version might be forthcoming down the road?Think

Hopefully this is still the pre-production sample.

Chris
RowanH
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:29:37 PM

A couple of these have been floating around on Ebay etc, since late last year. Lots of reading here....

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=126753

Was hoping for the SuperShovel logo on the mainstream release.

Rowan.

RPFowler
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 3:18:12 PM

For those who don't have baggermodelle, it does explain in there about the supershovel logo and that during the initial "thumbs up" Komatsu were considering dropping the logo and hence did not get put on the model. However, that decision appears not to have been carried out, so time will tell as to whether it appears or not. A cutter, yes it does reference bucket cylinders.

This model core is better than you think. see through mesh, folded brass base etc, which gives an excellent starting point. Also and importantly, many details viewed as "missing" are machine and therefore owner specific, which could be legally a bit of mine field because if X detail goes on, then by default it means that it is Y's shovel that you have made.

Good detail is expensive. Crap detail is cheap and makes rectification even more expensive. Adding the details missing here would be expensive in labour to do well, so to keep the cost down, leave them off and someone with time can do it better. I like that approach. A great example of this is CCM brass, some are well made, others are not. Great detail, but sufficient time is often not spent on them (to keep the cost down) and hence the final quality suffers.
Greasemonkey
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:48:27 PM

I don't agree on all points there Richard, the castings don't have the normal "crisp" look to them that we have seen from Brami/BYMO in the past. They seem almost "mushy" and blend the details in, not let them stand out. I also don't believe a cab door or covers on the pins are mine specific details. When you consider how much the price has gone up, and the detail has diminished (compared to say, the RH340), I just don't see this as a good thing. The castings look more like something from Norscot than BYMO, and the rounded corners on the house really take away a feeling of detail.

Brian
mayrklaus
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:54:09 PM

hello friends

i have visited the toy show today and got the information that some more decals on the machine when it will be sold in the third part of the year. komatsu has made a discussion about the super shovle logo because the have also sold other versions and the company who gives the license will say what it will be on the machine or not.

best regrads
klaus
RowanH
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:56:12 PM

Glad to hear the Super Shovel logo will be on the later release. Now we play the waiting game. Thanks for the update Klaus.

Rowan.

leo-cat
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 6:25:13 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
I don't agree on all points there Richard, the castings don't have the normal "crisp" look to them that we have seen from Brami/BYMO in the past. They seem almost "mushy" and blend the details in, not let them stand out. I also don't believe a cab door or covers on the pins are mine specific details. When you consider how much the price has gone up, and the detail has diminished (compared to say, the RH340), I just don't see this as a good thing.

Brian

Exactly my thoughts! It looks more like a handmade model than one taken from the production run.

Leo
a Cutter
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 12:11:26 AM

a Cutter wrote:
One thing to note; it looks as if the bucket has 'working' hydro cylinders unlike so many big shovel model of the past.
I like it well enough and can assume that a hoe version might be forthcoming down the road?Think

Hopefully this is still the pre-production sample.

Chris

Thanks for the points Richard.

In the photos provided however, this item looks to be an NZG version basic body, boom and maybe stick and reworked bucket, with a good bit of detail work (including updated cab) done to give an idea of what their aiming for.

As a prototype, I like what I see. As a finished production model, not as much.......just my thoughts on it.

Chris
Chris5500
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:40:27 AM

Here's mine. Super Shovel decals and all Teeth