DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

New Lampson Transi-Lift/Terex|Demag CC8800 Twin... Options · View
ConstructionSite
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 4:55:09 PM

Groups: Member

...from Zoomlion's point of view. Did you guys happen to see this yet? Zoomlion's QUY3200. It looks like an interesting unit!

HERE is the video that the screen shots are from. Thoughts?

If this isn't enough, I understand that Sany will have an announcement in June that might also upset a certain cream colored manufacturer in Zweibrucken (again) along with (at the same time) a red liveried company located in Manitowoc, WI. Heck, you could even (losely) add Huisman to that list! Wait until you see this gal...

- Chris Sick
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:20:33 PM

yeah, no offense to Japanese manufactures but they are a joke, do they do anything on their own!?
Gaz
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:32:06 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
Japanese

Chinese d'oh!

DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:46:19 PM

Gaz wrote:
DeWoc19 wrote:
Japanese

Chinese d'oh!

oh excuse me, my bad, do the Chinese do anything on their own
Gaz
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:51:49 PM

DeWoc19 wrote:
oh excuse me then, do the Chinese do anything on their own

Worlds apart my man, thats like me over in the UK calling Americans Canadian, 2 very different countries!

It would appear this time there are doing something a little different.....however it is a hybrid of 2 previous heavy lifters. Its a clever idea really, but.....BUT, can they pull it off!

Gaz
Remko
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 6:55:47 PM

Gaz wrote:
It would appear this time there are doing something a little different.....however it is a hybrid of 2 previous heavy lifters. Its a clever idea really, but.....BUT, can they pull it off!

Gaz

You mean the crane from the carbody... Given their previous designs, it should be no problem... It's easy to transport though, just need a couple of big tipper trucks fitted with scrapmetal bodies... Teeth Teeth

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
GC1
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 7:15:48 PM

They will pull it off..it is in their nature to persist. What the real issue is, is their blatant disregard of patent.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 7:47:55 PM

Come on guys,ease up with the rippin on Chinese stuff,

I for one love this design,regardless if its a carbon "copy" or not,if they made a single boom you'd all claim they copied Liebherr,double boom its Terex,wheeled ballast tray they'd be copying Terex and Liebherr and Manitowoc,crawlers they're copying Lampson,

Its not like we've never seen failures from Liebherr "Oh no he di'int!!!" and Terex and every 2nd lampson photographed seems to be horizontal,yet its the poor "Booming Economy" Chinese who take the flak

As far as the Patents go if this is patented across the globe the original patent holders can surely sue the pants off them,or the crane may ony be available in China,this is something we don't and won't know unless we have Liebherr,and Terex lawyers on the forum????? didn't think so

Turns out Chinese have heads,arms hands legs and feet!!!!! my god they have copied the rest of mankind!!!!! what will we do!!!!

This is getting tiring

Purely coz its gonna annoy people here I say Rock on the Chinese!!!!!

lets all remember a hugely high percentage of all our beloved models which we crave for and lust after are made to super high standards and detail in China

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

CraneBrain
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 8:02:08 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Come on guys,ease up with the rippin on Chinese stuff,

I for one love this design,regardless if its a carbon "copy" or not,if they made a single boom you'd all claim they copied Liebherr,double boom its Terex,wheeled ballast tray they'd be copying Terex and Liebherr and Manitowoc,crawlers they're copying Lampson,

Its not like we've never seen failures from Liebherr "Oh no he di'int!!!" and Terex and every 2nd lampson photographed seems to be horizontal,yet its the poor "Booming Economy" Chinese who take the flak

As far as the Patents go if this is patented across the globe the original patent holders can surely sue the pants off them,or the crane may ony be available in China,this is something we don't and won't know unless we have Liebherr,and Terex lawyers on the forum????? didn't think so

Turns out Chinese have heads,arms hands legs and feet!!!!! my god they have copied the rest of mankind!!!!! what will we do!!!!

This is getting tiring

Purely coz its gonna annoy people here I say Rock on the Chinese!!!!!

lets all remember a hugely high percentage of all our beloved models which we crave for and lust after are made to super high standards and detail in China

I agree to a point... but I have to say it is a pretty bad ass design! Can't wait to see that one built
DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 8:35:33 PM

im not saying its not a cool design.... i think it looks cool, double boom crane like the Demag with tracked ballast wagon like the Transi-Lift. im just saying, it never seems that the Chincese can come up with a design on their own.

every crane they ever make its an exact copy for the most part of another established and successful crane manufacturer. Now i realize how many times can you make the same machine that does the same thing as all the others and have it be unique.... but anybody here that can sit here and say that every single Chinese crane is a design not copied is totally off their rocker!!

honestly, i would like to see this crane made, i would also like to see it laying on its side as well (with no injuries of course) as that would be really ironic, but i think it would be a cool model, at least i would finally get one portion of a Lampson Transi-Lift crane and a CC8800 Twin model as well
Tony65
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:45:29 PM

That was one fast video, thanks for the screen capsSmile
TimT
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:52:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Well... its not like us Americans realy invented much of anything... we did the same thing the Chinese are doing..use others ideas and make more of them.... think about it, only go back a hundred or so years.
I'll tell you this, the Chinese are going forward and we are not. Who are the stupid ones??.... "Remember the Great Wall Of China",or for that matter "Three Gorges Dam"... well people that have the will, skill, and drive to do that and many other examples are not to be taken lightly. I think we will all be working for them in a few years anyway if people don't wake up and quit choking our own industries.
Homer
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:22:49 PM

I agree with Tim and graham, there is a lot of bad attitude towards chinese equipment every time it is posted on this forum and it is extremely tiring. At the end of the day as Tim said, they are the ones going forward while the rest of the world slips behind them and it is through nobody elses fault but our own for driving up costs of living, costs of material, costs of labour over the years to the point where nobody else in the world can compete with china anymore. There is no point in being bitter towards them because they can do things cheaper even if they are using other peoples ideas.

Are china expected to re-invent the wheel with every single thing they make? At the end of the day, a mobile crane has wheels, outriggers, a rotating upper structure and a boom. How much can one vary from this concept? Same with a crawler crane, tracks, carbody, upper structure and lattice jib and counterweight tray. Again, there is little else that can be done to alter this concept. Same with this giant crane shown above. If anything the chinese are examining the best of various other manufacturers designs to come up with an end result which will be superior and cost less. How is that not beneficial to customers? The only people who its not beneficial to are the existing european and US manufacturers, but hey, thats their problem and their governments problem for being so expensive.

As for the scrapheap comments, as graham mentioned already, how many demags, liebherrs and lampson cranes have we seen on fire, snapped in half, upside down or in a pile on the ground? But we see a couple of chinese machines and they are complete scrap according to the 'experts' here.

And as GC1 said, they will pull it off.. when I went to see the Sarens SANY crawler crane here in Ireland a few months ago, there was a chinese guy there from SANY and I asked the driver of the crane and he told me that he was one of their engineers and that he would remain with them on every job the crane works on for 18 months to monitor the cranes performance and overcome any teething problems that may arise. That is the determination which shows that they will succeed, I bet you dont get that service from European or US manufacturers!

Noel.
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:17:50 PM

If you really wish to see how advanced they are...have a look at their high speed trains they have made and are developing faster ones as we speak...they now have the fastest trains in the world. Not only are they faster, they are on regular intercity schedules.....miles ahead of anyone else.

http://www.lowyinterpreter.org/post/2011/03/09/High-speed-rail-Chinas-new-silk-road.aspx

http://inhabitat.com/china-to-connect-its-high-speed-rail-all-the-way-to-europe/

The science they went into to ensure that there were no faults with their high speed trains was unbelievable....especially in the area of resonance differentialities. The even used the Tacoma narrows Bridge and the science learned from its collapse to ensure that the resonances in the bodywork and the bogies were different......underestimate them at your peril.

As for the cheaper wages, as mentioned by Tim and Homer..there are currently wage demand increases from workers all over China, so our models are going to get more expensive. But because their Govt has direct control over their wages and economy they have managed to keep a certain amount of restriction on wage increases, for how long is anyones guess.

Back on topic....within ten years they will be making cranes for everyone under licence, exactly the same as they are now making BMW, Mercedes and all the rest. Their Great Wall vehicles started off slowly here three years ago ...they are everywhere here now and they improve out of sight with every new model release....Oh..!! I forgot to mention, they are half the price of an equivalent vehicle from anyone else and they have everything you can imagine as standard. Their cranes are going to get very good, very quickly.

Here is a list of Crane Manufacturers in China alone...goes on for pages...can you say that about your own country ..Europe, Us ..anywhere.??

http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Mobile_Crane.html
Thanks for the wake up there Graham...

BTW...the smartest thing you can do...teach your kids to speak Chinese..we are in this country.
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:37:33 PM

That is pretty cool kinda reminds me of the Gottwald transilift tri-crawler setup concept crane !

It was turnining into JapanAmerica now we are definitely ChinaAmerica !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
RowanH
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 4:35:49 AM

That is very cool, looking forward to seeing one of those in the metal, what a beast!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator