DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hurricane Irene Damage In Maine Options · View
CAT324DL
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2011 1:32:20 AM

Groups: Member

This hurricane was quite a storm on Sunday, 70mph winds bringing massive pine trees down and a ton of rain. Lost power for 3 days Confused Check out the video I made showing the damage from Irene in my town.

Video- Turn up your volume!

A few pics taken by me:

-Mike
PileDriving
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 8:57:14 PM

Heres a few videos I took during the storm.

5 mins after the water crested
5 mins later

The water stopped 6 inchs from coming in the house. This wasent as bad of a blow as they made it out to be. Up north its a hole different ball game! I live less than 500 ft from Willoughby Bay and less than 2000 ft from the Great Chespeake Bay and I never lost power! My dad lives 35 miles away from the bay and he hasent had power since Saturday........

Justin
89cxsport
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 11:25:48 PM

Justin, that doesn't look too bad if I remember correctly you had water closer shortly after moving in. Let me edit that I didn't watch the second video right away, after seeing that it does look a bit worse than the first storm you had after you bought the house.

Mike looks like a lot trees of down but if that's all the damage you had that isn't too bad.

Glad everybody came out okay.

Flickr Photostream
CAT324DL
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:18:53 AM

PileDriving wrote:
Heres a few videos I took during the storm.

5 mins after the water crested
5 mins later

The water stopped 6 inchs from coming in the house. This wasent as bad of a blow as they made it out to be. Up north its a hole different ball game! I live less than 500 ft from Willoughby Bay and less than 2000 ft from the Great Chespeake Bay and I never lost power! My dad lives 35 miles away from the bay and he hasent had power since Saturday........

Justin

The road in your video looked like a river, 6 inches is a close call for your house, good thing is didn't reach. Lucky also that you didn't loose power!

-Mike
CAT324DL
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:20:37 AM

89cxsport wrote:
Justin, that doesn't look too bad if I remember correctly you had water closer shortly after moving in. Let me edit that I didn't watch the second video right away, after seeing that it does look a bit worse than the first storm you had after you bought the house.

Mike looks like a lot trees of down but if that's all the damage you had that isn't too bad.

Glad everybody came out okay.

It was basically just trees going down, no flooding around me. The storm wasn't to bad, it was nothing compared to what you or down south had to go through. But glad everything is alright.

-Mike
89cxsport
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:02:15 PM

Mike, I not really sure what happen here in VA where I live, I was on my way back home from quick trip to Michigan to visit family. I think all we had was rain but I do not know.

Flickr Photostream