DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Caterpillar mining shovels brochures Options · View
4100serie
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:59:26 AM
Groups: Member

Dear mining and Caterpillar fans,

Just saw that technical brochures for both Hydraulic and Rope mining shovels have been released on https://mining.cat.com/products/surface-mining.

This is the first time that Bucyrus rope shovels' detailed technical information are available on the net ! Finally !
Robert Heuston
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:02:21 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows who puchased a new Cat Hydraulic Backhoe in the Hunter Valley mining region saw the stick and counterweight on Thursday coming through town.
northwest
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 7:31:47 AM

4100serie wrote:
Dear mining and Caterpillar fans,

Just saw that technical brochures for both Hydraulic and Rope mining shovels have been released on https://mining.cat.com/products/surface-mining.

This is the first time that Bucyrus rope shovels' detailed technical information are available on the net ! Finally !

Yes this is the first time that the technical datas concerning the famous BE 295 Bii an(Cat 7295) d the former Marion 182 M (=cat 7182) are avalaible in the net, with the usual Caterpillar specs form. But it seems like that Caterpillar modified seriously the crawler frame of the "small" shovel such as the 7182 and especially the 7295!! it is like that they only saved the upper structure of the Bucyrus former 295 Bii and they created a new crawler frame design... same point about the 7195 wich seems to be a new design concept... if it is true, the 1 million dollars question is:
--> is it an old idea of Bucyrus to re design the small rope shovels?
--> or is it Caterpillar who decided to alterate the former BE classical design? If so, how they did in so short time? or the machines in the brochures are maybe only photoshop works?

mitchtim
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:49:57 AM

There is a brand new 6050 FS (ex RH200) sitting in the Caterpillar (Bucyrus) yard in Perth. It is meant to be delivered soon so I am waiting for the right moment to take some pictures hopefully on the truck as it leaves.

Anyone have any hints of when we will see the first 7495 (ex 495HR) rope shovel?

Mitchtim
Greasemonkey
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:15:45 AM

mitchtim wrote:
Anyone have any hints of when we will see the first 7495 (ex 495HR) rope shovel?

Tim, there have been a couple delivered to Imperial Oil's Kearl Lake Mine north of Fort McMurray Alberta. Although they are in Kearl's colours, I believe they say Cat on them.
mitchtim
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:34:38 AM

Any pictures of these machines from your contacts there? Would appreciate any you can get!

Mitchtim
mitchtim
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 2:16:21 AM

Want a 9
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 4:21:29 AM

Hey guys,

I have't been on this forum hardly at all in the last 2+ years. . . . . . . But what in the heck has Caterpillar done? Did they buy out everybody? Bucyrus Internation, O&K mining shovels, Ingersoll Rand(?) drills, Unit Rig trucks, even conveyor companies?

Holy crap that surface mining products brochure looks insane. I can understand CAT branching out some, but branching out that much in just a few shorts years? Think d'oh! Whatever Wow! That just floors me. Caterpillar Draglines and rope shovels? Sick Confused Really? Man that is really crazy!

Sorry for the shocked reaction, but I never would have imagined things would change so much so fast. ARe they trying to gain 90 percent of the market or something?
Greasemonkey
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 6:00:25 AM

mitchtim wrote:
Any pictures of these machines from your contacts there? Would appreciate any you can get!

Mitchtim

I'll see what I can get Tim, I haven't had much chance to dig up any pictures yet.

Want a 9 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have't been on this forum hardly at all in the last 2+ years. . . . . . . But what in the heck has Caterpillar done? Did they buy out everybody? Bucyrus Internation, O&K mining shovels, Ingersoll Rand(?) drills, Unit Rig trucks, even conveyor companies?

Cat only bought out Bucyrus International earier this year. O&K and Unit Rig were owned by Terex Mining for quite some time. Last year, Bucyrus bought out Terex Mining, so when Cat bought Bucyrus, they got the ex-O&K and Unit Rig products.

Ingersoll Rand was bought out by Atlas Copco a few years ago, so they have nothing to do with Cat.
Want a 9
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 8:44:38 PM

Thanks Greasemonkey. I guess the blast hole drills are Terex brand drills? When I saw the drills that is what led me to think of Ingersol-Rand. Sorry about that.

I hope CAT was smart enough to leave the workers at Bucyrus International alone and let them do their work without much interference.(?)
Shovelman
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 9:06:41 PM

Want a 9 wrote:
I guess the blast hole drills are Terex brand drills?

Terex Mining had already acquired Reedrill before the Bucyrus purchase.

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

Greasemonkey
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2011 10:42:13 PM

Want a 9 wrote:
Thanks Greasemonkey. I guess the blast hole drills are Terex brand drills? When I saw the drills that is what led me to think of Ingersol-Rand. Sorry about that.

I hope CAT was smart enough to leave the workers at Bucyrus International alone and let them do their work without much interference.(?)

No need to be sorry about anything at all.

As for Cat leaving the Bucyrus folks alone, I for one hope they do in fact make some changes. Not so much with the production workers, as actual work quality doesn't seem to be an issue. But instead with the designers and managers. They have a great number of difficulties to overcome with the newer BI designs, and I wish them luck in doing it.
Want a 9
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2011 4:44:35 AM

Quote:
Terex Mining had already acquired Reedrill before the Bucyrus purchase.

Hmmmm. Okay. Thanks Shovelman. I didn't know that either.

Quote:
But instead with the designers and managers. They have a great number of difficulties to overcome with the newer BI designs, and I wish them luck in doing it.

I see your point Greasemonkey. Well at least the work quality doesn't seem to be an issue as you stated. Yes, I would rather see CAT overcome difficulties with newer designs than lose out on that section of the mining equipment market, by having problematic machines. Smile
Greasemonkey
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2011 6:54:06 AM

mitchtim wrote:

Mitchtim

Tim, I was mistaken. The Kearl shovels that they have received so far say Bucyrus on the boom, but no model numbers had been applied on the videos posted below. They are in the stock Bucyrus colours of white and maroon/purple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8X57ORHQ6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMG2wjh5m64&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Greasemonkey
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:25:37 AM

A little update. They have repainted both of the maroon/purple and white Bucyrus machines into Cat colours. The first one is just about ready to go to work now.

Credit for the picture goes to Craig McAteer

Tarantula
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:40:46 AM

Cool! I like the yellow bucket!

//Niklas Eriksson

rhino997
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 12:24:17 PM