DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

New Conrad Announcements Options · View
SJDownes
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 8:16:48 PM

Groups: Member

Conrad have today announced several additional items before Christmas, including a yellow version of the Liebherr R996 backhoe.

For full details, check out the Conrad News page.

Steven

Miniature Construction World on Facebook
Miniature Construction World on Twitter
sjd@miniature-construction-world.co.uk
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 9:03:54 PM

Fantastic!!! no more must haves

The ol' credit card will live to fight another day,

Would have been a nice pair the yellow 996 and T282,does anyone know how many yellow T282's were produced,I've seen the odd one now advertised for big bucks,

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Shovelman
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 9:05:34 PM

Conrad has developed NZGitis. This is not good!

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

ConstructionSite
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 10:20:52 PM

Shovelman wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

- Chris Not talking
RowanH
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 11:41:48 PM

Times are tough, use existing molds, new paint, save money.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

max
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:58:06 AM

=>:-< Oh well.....
That was good for 30 seconds of excitement!!!
Max.Confused

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:58:33 AM

gbarnewall wrote:
Fantastic!!! no more must haves

The ol' credit card will live to fight another day,

Would have been a nice pair the yellow 996 and T282,does anyone know how many yellow T282's were produced,I've seen the odd one now advertised for big bucks,

From what i was told.. only 150 or less was done in the yellow (T282) Only a few made it to the states.. and rarely seen,, these for sure should only go up in value.. plus the Euro to dollars is BAD BAD BAD..If you locate a yellow T282 i would buy it...
Paul
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:43:27 AM

Shovelman wrote:

Yes, I agree too. I sincerely hope next year's German Toy Fair(basically two months away) has a much better offering than this year's one.....

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

Homer
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:28:50 AM

Shovelman wrote:

Your right shovelman, but its not just conrad and nzg, look at twh with their grove models, wsi with their liebherr cranes and all their truck models and trailers, ycc with their cranes etc. Every modelmaker is using liveries as a means to making a quick buck.

Noel.
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:43:12 AM

Personally I do not see the problem with liveried models. I do like repainting my own but do not have the time and patience to paint all the ones I would like. Admittedly the 11200's went a bit over the top in 1 year, but the flip side of that is that it gives people a choice, which in my opinion is far better than being limited to Liebherr yellow or Whiteline models. Why should models be limited to the well known ones such as Mammoet, Sarens or Felbermayr etc...? I like to see the less well known ones and enjoy collecting them.

There is rarely a week goes by without someone saying "I wish it was in this livery, or I wish this model was made". Of course model makers are making money. Isn't that what all businesses are trying to do?

Paul R
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:57:31 AM

thorleif wrote:
Shovelman wrote:

Yes, I agree too. I sincerely hope next year's German Toy Fair(basically two months away) has a much better offering than this year's one.....

I think next year will be an even worse year than this year,model manufacturers have to invest money before that model makes it back,with the world economy the way it is,US is on its knees,Europe too,huge companies at best making huge cut backs,not shovelling money into promotional gifts and other not worth while projects,I think next year will be another year of the livery,

There was a time a new model would come on the scene just as that new machine is unveiled too,if money was still plentiful we'd have no doubt seen an R9800,R9100 a T282C amongst many many others.

I read some interesting stuff from a model train manufacturer,the O scale engines the make in 3 rail and 2 rail,almost all engines made they made in both 3 and 2 rail,but the 3 rail market is much bigger than the 2 rail,so they are more or less now concentrating on the 3 rail,and only making a handfull of the engines made in 2 rail in 2 rail due to extra costs in manufacturing, even the odd few parts that would differ from a 3 rail and 2 rail engine

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

mitchtim
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:28:20 AM

The Liebherr 996 in Yellow and grey:

Mitchtim
RowanH
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:32:47 AM

mitchtim wrote:
The Liebherr 996 in Yellow and grey:
Mitchtim

Excellent photo Tim, love the cab deflection too.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

ECOTITAN
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:43:01 PM

There were only 160 of the yellow T282B trucks built by Conrad, due to a paint mix up on the assembly line. This info is strait from Conrad by the way.

ecotitan
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:01:25 PM

cool,was that 160 made then they had a problem? wonder will they make more or?.........but knowing conrad,done is done

Brian C
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:34:16 AM

Hey Tim

I reckon this image you posted above is a custom repaint of a STD white version and not from the factory.It has no 996 decal on boom,has a gauze replicating the non-standard sun louvres on cab windows,beacons on top of counterweight and the most obvious giveaway is that the original Liebherr and black pin stripes decals/printing were masked off for the respray!!!

I would assume that the yellow version from Conrad will have grey cylinders which would make it look a whole lot better too.

Cheers
Brian C
mitchtim
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 6:25:51 AM

Hi Brian,

Yes I don't think it is the final versin. We will have to wait for the official images to be released from Conrad.

Mitchtim
groundedpilot
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 7:55:07 AM

thorleif wrote:
Shovelman wrote:

I entirely agree.
mitchtim
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:30:09 AM

Information from Minature Construction World website (thanks to Steven):

"Conrad have announced more coloured construction and truck models which will be available very soon. Full details are listed on the Conrad News page. The Liebherr R996 backhoe in yellow is long overdue and the version will have a yellow undercarriage with grey tracks, a grey bucket and white cab."

This is similar to the picture posted above excepting the undercarriage which is grey in the picture.
bluebarn
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:41:54 PM

Shovelman wrote:

Now...now...now Shovelman.

This is nothing new for Conrad or NZG. I remember back in the dark ages (the late 1980's) that two paper back books were published which showed many different colors/names on the same model.

I now will return to my hiding in the dog house. At least the carpet is still a wonderful shag green!

DO THE CRIME....DO THE TIME...QUIT CRYING

ZOOM ZOOM....Home of the Carpet Diorama and Garbage Can Collection

Just Sitting Back & Drinking The Kool Aid While Watching The Lemmings