DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EBAY/PAYPAL RIPOFF Options · View
Gd10r
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:25:25 PM

Groups: Member

JUST GOT SCREWED BY EBAY AND PAYPAL. SHIPPED TO D9'S TO THIS CLOWN OVERSEAS, HE FILES A CLAIM WITH EBAY AND ITS DENIED. 4 MONTHS LATER HE FILES WITH PAYPAL THROUGH HIS CREDIT CARD COMPANY. I WAS ABLE TO PROVE DELIVERY THROUGH CUSTOMS HE GOT THE PRODUCT. THEY STILL TURTLED AND TOOK THE CASH, OVER 700.00 GONE BASED ON SOME ACCOUNTANTS DECISION. HOPE THEY CHOKE ON THE BONUS THEY GET.
AVOID THIS GUY IF YOU ARE DEALING IN JAPAN, IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM FOR ME AS I AM NOW DELETING ALL EBAY ACCOUNTS AND CLOSING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WHAT A CROCK. I SHOULD SEND THE GUY A BIG BOX OF COLORADO COW PIES BUT WOULD PROBALLY LAND IN JAIL. BEWARNED.

EBAY Member id hiroya11

JAPAN ADDRESS:

Akihiro Abe
1-13-24
wakore109
Higashimurayama-City Hontyou, Tokyo, 189-0014
Japan

Still Plays with Toys
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:21:07 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me recently, though not near as much money involved. Basically shipped a guy an item to the confirmed address on PayPal. It was not delivered due to German postal service so PayPal took the money back. I had proof of shipping and they had confirmed the address yet I still got screwed.

Paul R
DPD1
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:10:01 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Actually, technically it's you and eBay/PayPal who is getting screwed, because it's the card company that is taking the money back. And believe it or not, PP is at the mercy of the card company as well. They're acting as middle man. Unfortunately, it is very rare to win a charge-back, even for them.

Try this forum thread for some info...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/ecommerce/3966289.htm

If you search on 'chargebacks' in that forum, there are many threads talking about some things you can do.

Also, could this have actually been a stolen card? Was there anything fishy with the address? There's all kinds of scams out there.

Dave
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:46:06 PM

I got screwed the same way to a guy in England. So I quit selling to anyone overseas. 99%+ are legit.It's the small percentage that take you to the cleaners. Ebay is worthless now. PayPal is a joke. We should boycott both. CAW
Steve
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:56:29 PM

Quinella wrote:
I got screwed the same way to a guy in England. So I quit selling to anyone overseas. 99%+ are legit.It's the small percentage that take you to the cleaners. Ebay is worthless now. PayPal is a joke. We should boycott both. CAW

I agree. The "rule" should be, never sell or buy anything (except from Dealers), if you can't drive there and kick their arse if you get ripped off.
tomcat1191
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:08:33 PM

Steve wrote:
Quinella wrote:

I agree. The "rule" should be, never sell or buy anything (except from Dealers), if you can't drive there and kick their arse if you get ripped off.

I don't agree. What about us little guys. I read a lot of you posts and your a pretty negative guy. I shipped some stuff to a guy from Iwoa once and he pulled this same stunt. When I finally got my bank involved the mysterious package that he never got showed up on my porch with a busted 4100 in it. If everybody lived by your rules this world be perfect wouldn't it. Sorry g for the rant but I just don't like forgot about the honest little guy he is bad news. It's guys like you Steve that ruin for the little guy like me. I'm not getting rich. Sorry G. I'm done.

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

590D
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:38:01 PM

Hi, quick question. Anyone from the U.S or like me from Canada buy models on ebay from China? Wanted a Norscot Cat 374D but only ones that I can see having them in stock are ebay sellers in China. Didn't know if anyone have any bad transactions when buy from overseas like this.

Coffee, diesel fumes, and a little dust. No better way to start your day!!!
Skinnyman10197
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:00:24 PM

I just plain out don't ship/sell to international countries.

-Seth

My Facebook
My Youtube
Ajax Man
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:07:03 PM

Sorry to hear you got taken. I stopped selling on E-Bay for a few reasons, but after one incident I had with a guy that said I sold him a scale model that was broke. I bought a small collection from a guy and sold the one's I didn't want. This particular scale model I sold him was brand new in the box when I recieved it. I sold it to him, he paid me via paypal and I shipped it to him and then he gives me an unsatisfactory rating and sends me an e-mail requesting that I give him his money back, because he said I sold him a damaged model. I said no because he has the model and if he wants his money, I want the model back and then I will give him his money back. So he reports me to E-bay and I told them I'm not giving him his money back until he gives my model back.

Never heard anything after that. I think he was trying to scam me and after that, I said forget it. I'm done selling on E-Bay. E-Bay in my opinion is not what it used to be...

"THE KILPATRICK ENTERPRISE IS GOING TO JAIL, MIKE DUGGAN IS MAYOR, SYNDER IS GOVERNOR AND IS FIXING MICHIGAN"

AJAX MATERIALS CORPORATION...AJAX PAVING INDUSTRIES....BLACK OR WHITE, WE PAVE MICHIGAN

DIGGNRIGGS
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:00:45 AM

I
brian falcone
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:47:10 AM

im pretty much feed up with the whole thing. i ussually dont buy a lot of models on ebay. but it seems its not worth the stress of selling on there....too much can go wrong. and too many people take advantage of the " customer is allways right "
a Cutter
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 3:34:06 AM

brian falcone wrote:
im pretty much feed up with the whole thing. i ussually dont buy a lot of models on ebay. but it seems its not worth the stress of selling on there....too much can go wrong. and too many people take advantage of the " customer is allways right "

Yeah and it used to be "buyer beware".
Unfortunately I think eBay knows that most sellers will stick around even if they have to continually jump though their ridiculous hoops to play along And as for the little guys selling, well so what if ebay loses some of them here and there, they'll certainly be replaced by newcomers and besides the small guys don't bring in as much $$$ anyway, so the bay barons can sleep well knowing that they can continue doling out asinine policy to line their pockets.

Chris
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 7:44:04 AM

Ajax Man wrote:
Sorry to hear you got taken. I stopped selling on E-Bay for a few reasons, but after one incident I had with a guy that said I sold him a scale model that was broke. I bought a small collection from a guy and sold the one's I didn't want. This particular scale model I sold him was brand new in the box when I recieved it. I sold it to him, he paid me via paypal and I shipped it to him and then he gives me an unsatisfactory rating and sends me an e-mail requesting that I give him his money back, because he said I sold him a damaged model. I said no because he has the model and if he wants his money, I want the model back and then I will give him his money back. So he reports me to E-bay and I told them I'm not giving him his money back until he gives my model back.

Never heard anything after that. I think he was trying to scam me and after that, I said forget it. I'm done selling on E-Bay. E-Bay in my opinion is not what it used to be...

Same exact thing happened to me selling on E-bay a few years ago. I was sell some of my HO trains off. I sold this guy a Athrean wreck crane & tender . There was nothing wrong with the model when it left my hands at the post office. This idiot claimed the tender stanchions were broke and I needed to refund the money.

Long story short,E-bays sided with this guy and I had to refund him the money and I was out of a model. E-bay lost my business that day over three years ago...never been back.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Steven Brown
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 11:20:49 AM

Escalate your grievance to the CEO. Seriously.

If you have proof of delivery, send a copy of it along with a letter (not an email) addressed directly to the CEO. Be polite but direct in your outrage and make a clear request for the $700.

I've done this several times with other companies and have been compensated every time. The front office of most companies have a small staff of people who respond to these types of requests and will go above and beyond what the average customer service rep can do.