betonlift
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:25:35 PM
Groups: Member

Announced this afternoon at Intermat.
CraneInnovation
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:51:07 PM

Lovely...

The fundamental aim....is to do everything that is attempted in a first-class way."
-Pierre S. Dupont
Newcrane
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:00:18 PM

Trying to keep up with Sany I guess.
GCS
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:37:30 PM

That's awesome......NOT

First Putzmeister, now Schwing....

- John
Cat345bl
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:31:41 PM

Not again, 2 very good concrete machinery companies swallowed up by Chinese Conglomerate Junk. I can only hope seeing a company like McNeilus making pumps now.

-Mike, Collecting Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 02/24/14

My UHD Owners Thread Updated 08/16/14

ConstructionSite
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:08:39 PM

China is the worlds number one user of concrete pumps. More go there than anywhere else. With Zoomlion having a 60% stake in CIFA and Sany purchasing Putzmeister, XCMG had to do something. They had already announced a partial buy out of Schwing at World of Concrete this year, so bringing them in fully was bound to happen.

The CIFA, Putzmeister and Schwing units tomorrow will be the same CIFA, Putzmeister and Schwing units they are today. Just watch, you'll see. And I sincerely hope McNeilus does not start making pumps.

- Chris Smile
Greasemonkey
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:38:48 PM

ConstructionSite wrote:
And I sincerely hope McNeilus does not start making pumps.

Funny thing is, you're not the first person I've heard say that.
DeWoc19
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:45:13 PM

Sad this makes me very sad, another great product going by the wayside to inferior Chinese standards im sure..... RIP Schwing Confused
ITmachine
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:18:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't buying an established company like Schwing raise the standards of Xcmg? They aren't buying the company to make the same product with inferior parts, but rather the intellectual property to make their products superior, as well as put their name on already good machines?
CraneInnovation
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:17:06 AM

Depends on a few things, particularly materials quality if domestic Chinese metal is used. Quality control on Chinese steel is lacking, so some parts may be good, some not so much. From my own investigations, it seems Chinese steel is prone to brittle failures/cracking at unusual rates. They tend to use a much higher percentage of recycled material than we do (most of our scrap goes over there) which adds substantial impurity. Probably improving, but it seems there are still problems. So yes, if Schwing pumps are made elsewhere, they won't change. New designs may suffer from the kind of rushed engineering that also characterizes Chinese design.

I did some research on XCMG and they have only been in business since 1989 and already make everything from cranes to earthmoving equipment to mobile batch plants. Seems like an awful lot of product development in less than 20 years... This is the story with a number of Chinese companies that have product lines wider than Cat and Manitowoc but have been around for only a few decades. We all know why that is.

While I'd like to see someone other than a Chinese company manage to make a successful concrete pump, the biggest bummer is seeing respected brands fall to folks with unscrupulous business practices and deep pockets. Hard to root for cheaters.

The fundamental aim....is to do everything that is attempted in a first-class way."
-Pierre S. Dupont
HunterH
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:56:51 PM

Wow wonderful news.... Now the pump market just went down the drain good thing schwing and putzmeister made good pumps that last for decades......
rollinlowford
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 9:20:25 PM

with them buying up all the real companies who are they going to copy down the road ? Teeth
ConstructionSite
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:00:06 AM

Wow, we're really jumping ahead here. Nothing is going to change. The manufacturing locations, the manufacturing process...not even the company names and colors. If you didn't read a story about it you probably wouldn't even realize that anything had happened.

- Chris Smile
HunterH
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:08:26 AM

ConstructionSite wrote:
Wow, we're really jumping ahead here. Nothing is going to change. The manufacturing locations, the manufacturing process...not even the company names and colors. If you didn't read a story about it you probably wouldn't even realize that anything had happened.

- Chris Smile

Well hopefully this is tru... that would mean they are just money backing them. time will tell what happens here