DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Brass replacement pulleys for LR/LG 1750 Options · View
Hobie
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:16:14 PM
Groups: Member

For those that the plastic pulleys with brass pulleys; what is the style of the brass version? Is is flat sided or concave? Do you use any sort of lube?

Since I have access to a metal lathe and end mill I've decided to make my own. I've been waiting for T.C. to respond with shipping info and YCC seems to be on perpetual back order.
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:38:43 PM

i have a set for my lr1750, sennebogen 5500, lr1280, and ltm 1300, all from tim clamp. they work perfect! they are the flat design, roll very smooth, and no grease needed.

still have to get the kits for my ac500 and cc8800 though

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Hobie
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:42:41 PM

cranedude07 wrote:
i have a set for my lr1750, sennebogen 5500, lr1280, and ltm 1300, all from tim clamp. they work perfect! they are the flat design, roll very smooth, and no grease needed.

still have to get the kits for my ac500 and cc8800 though

I would like to get a set from him but he doesn't communicate very well - if at all.
Don't understand why everything from YCC is on back order at every place that I've looked - even AZcranes.
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:08:40 PM

He does get on here every now and then, maybe 3 times a week or so, but I've emailed him before and he usually responds pretty quick, I contacted him back in march, and he got back with me about 2 weeks later I think it was, he said he was having emailing issues, and is waiting for a new shipment of supplies.
Maybe PM him here first and of nothing for a week or so, then email him. He could be really busy.

I've been told by keith at Evot that he is now north America's largest ycc dealer. So maybe check into them as well if nothing from Tim

Just throwing some options out there

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
bigcranes
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:36:35 AM

I like Tim's kits a lot, the ycc pulleys are too narrow for most larger cranes. I used them on one of my LR/LG1750s and I had to add a few more than normal on the top of the derrick and the bridel. I have mine made locally now, pm me if you want.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
favco500
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:15:24 AM

Hobie,my advice is hang in there for T/c's pulley kit,it comes with all the new shafts and spacers,also he does have family and a day job, so you have to consider that,he will contact you as he did me so hang in there,it's worth the wait,Steve.