Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Stump the dozer experts ? Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 11:15:04 AM
Groups: Member

What is this ?

">http://

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Shovelman
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 11:40:43 AM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
What is this ?

First of all; it's a crawler loader, not a dozer!

Specifically; it's an International-Harvester B100 Drott

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

dain555
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:32:00 PM

Yes it is a Drott with a 4 in 1 bucket, first time I've seen one with a cab on it!!!

Oh and it can be used as a "dozer" with the bucket opened up. I have used 4 in 1 buckets before as a "dozer" when they were on Front loaders and backhoes. I have also seen them used as "dozers" on crawler loaders like this. We had a new drive way put in one year when I was a kid at our house, the guy used a Drott with a 4 in 1 bucket and he used it as a dozer first.

I'm also not 100% sure if it by International either as they used to have their own type of crawler loader back then. This looks like around a 1965 model.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 1:02:19 PM

Shovelman wrote:
FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
What is this ?

First of all; it's a crawler loader, not a dozer!

Specifically; it's an International-Harvester B100 Drott

Yup.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 1:04:13 PM

dain555 wrote:
Yes it is a Drott with a 4 in 1 bucket, first time I've seen one with a cab on it!!!

Oh and it can be used as a "dozer" with the bucket opened up. I have used 4 in 1 buckets before as a "dozer" when they were on Front loaders and backhoes. I have also seen them used as "dozers" on crawler loaders like this. We had a new drive way put in one year when I was a kid at our house, the guy used a Drott with a 4 in 1 bucket and he used it as a dozer first.

I'm also not 100% sure if it by International either as they used to have their own type of crawler loader back then. This looks like around a 1965 model.

Neat little bugger !

-Unknown

brian falcone
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 1:07:16 PM

Nice machine. The british built b100 was similar in size to the american built td6. Those drott buckets are great. I finally finished the one on my t340 and the things you can do with the machine impressed me. Nice pic. Thanks for sharing.
brian falcone
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 1:12:39 PM

Also drott made the loader conversion for international till 1965...they would ship unfinished cralwers to drott and they would add the loader and do any other mods required. after that international made its own loader frame and arms but they still sold some machines with drott loaders. After 1968 drott only made the bucket for international. By the time dresser took over they used their own bucket as well.heres my t340 with international loader and drott bucket doing some dozer work....if it was one year older it would have had a drott skid shovel loader.
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 5:39:19 PM

brian falcone wrote:
Also drott made the loader conversion for international till 1965...they would ship unfinished cralwers to drott and they would add the loader and do any other mods required. after that international made its own loader frame and arms but they still sold some machines with drott loaders. After 1968 drott only made the bucket for international. By the time dresser took over they used their own bucket as well.heres my t340 with international loader and drott bucket doing some dozer work....if it was one year older it would have had a drott skid shovel loader.
very nice

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:27:18 AM

brian falcone wrote:

Brian,

It figures the one time I try my hand at, " guess what this is ", a guy on the forum owns one. That is too funny. Thank you for the brief history lesson on this crawler loader. How often do you use her ? She looks very well maintained.

-Unknown

brian falcone
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:42:11 PM

Thanks for the compliments. The loader didn't look this good when I bought it. It took abot 7 months and a couple grand to get it to this point. I put maybe 20 hours a year on it. Easy half throttle work around the property and the occansional truck/equipment show.I try to go easy as parts are hard to find. Next week I'm pulling it aprt to try and repair the steering as its gradually losing clutch pull on the left side. Brian
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:06:15 PM

brian falcone wrote:
Thanks for the compliments. The loader didn't look this good when I bought it. It took abot 7 months and a couple grand to get it to this point. I put maybe 20 hours a year on it. Easy half throttle work around the property and the occansional truck/equipment show.I try to go easy as parts are hard to find. Next week I'm pulling it aprt to try and repair the steering as its gradually losing clutch pull on the left side. Brian

A labor of love. I tell my wife if we ever hit the lotto. I'm buying a bunch of heavy toys to play with. Thanks for preserving a little piece of history.

-Unknown