DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TWH COLLECTIBLES ANNOUNCES CATERPILLAR LICENSE AND DEBUTS THREE NEW MINING SCALE MODELS Options · View
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:02:15 PM

Groups: Member

June 19, 2012

Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA - TWH Collectibles is pleased to announce that it is now an official licensee of Caterpillar® Inc and is releasing its first Cat® mining diecast models.

“We are very excited that TWH has the opportunity to partner with a world-class manufacturer such as Caterpillar,” says John Hemken, Owner and CEO of TWH Collectibles. “Both replicas are going to be highly collectible models, given that they are the first releases of their respective lines with limited availability this fall.”

TWH's first Cat models will be the Cat 7495 and Cat 7495 HF rope shovels and the Cat 8750 Dragline, all in 1:50 scale.

Both the electric Rope Shovels and the Dragline will be available in the Fall of 2012. The shovels are limited in production to 400 units each with MRSP of $900. The draglines are limited to a production run of 25 units with MRSP of $12,000.

As with all TWH Collectibles models, each model is crafted with the highest attention to detail, quality, and industry-leading features and functions.

SOURCE: TWH Collectibles, LLC

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Gd10r
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:04:58 PM

Pretty cool news, now if I sell my wifes car, my truck and pick up a second job, I can swing the additions to the collection. Kidding aside, great stuff and will be real treats to have available.

Still Plays with Toys
neokonig
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:05:20 PM

Ha we all posted about the same time. Cool news.

My Photostream

eef7260
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:23:31 PM

Good news , it will give the company a sales boost.
Which is good because it will give them more opportunities on the long term.
Bad news , no new cranes on a short term , because the focus will be on Cat for the next year i guess.

Eef

***Flickr American cranes group***3D printed crane parts at I.materialise

cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:28:37 PM

they are pretty busy on the crane side, with the 31000, then after that, it better be a 2250! Pray
doubt anymore groves will come, maybe just more repaints as usualConfused

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Dan85
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:46:27 PM

I look forward to seeing what TWH has to offer. I was getting worried they were focusing too much on the fire apparatus and that maybe they had lost their way!

Daily Diesel Dose.com| All Ready Mix.com | Plowsite DOT Thread |
If your only contribution is complaining, please don't contribute!
PileDriving
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:52:15 PM

So the Cat models should be ready to ship by the time my kids are teens.....wait I have to have the kids first......Whistle :d/

Justin
CraneBrain
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:54:25 PM

PileDriving wrote:
So the Cat models should be ready to ship by the time my kids are teens.....wait I have to have the kids first......Whistle :d/

Justin

That's the fun part! Then 18years of money flying out the window!
ITmachine
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:05:08 PM

So in theory as these are just repaints of an existing model, the delivery date should be pretty darn accurate right?

Also, it says on their website that "TWH Collectibles is proud to make its debut as a licensee of Caterpillar.". Does that mean that they were allowed to make these models since they already had them 100% developed and Cat wanted them done, or that there will be future Cat models from TWH rather than Norscot?
Brian C
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:16:39 PM

Judging by the images, they are not upgraded models of the ex Bucyrus "Super 2" shovels. The tooling would have to be revised in order to replicate the actual machines produced to date.It does stipulate they are prototype images so perhaps the changes will be incorporated in the production run.

I notice there is no mention yet of the blasthole drill in Cat livery. I think that TWH will be releasing some fine new models in Cat colours in the future!!

HCF
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:05:20 AM

I need a second job now. I think I'm going to have to get one.

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

ECOTITAN
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:22:03 AM

These shovels are not repaints so to speak. They are a new production run of 400 each. No S2 changes in this run. I tried to get anodized tracks utilized on these shovels, but once Cat looked over the prototype they wanted the tracks in black. Their word is final.

ecotitan
Redjack Ryan
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:22:10 AM

This is cool news! I'm sure these models will look sharp in person! I still doubt we will ever see a real 8750 in CAT colors, but it's nice to see what it might look like. I'm sure I will still prefer my 8750 in Peabody colors once it's completed though Wink
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:12:23 AM

Would be nice have one big CAR excavator in my collection. However, I need to find a way to bring one...
kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:20:12 AM

I have made a great deal with TWH

I will come over from Holland to live in a shelter in the front garden from their company headquarters.
I will wash their company cars every day for the rest of my life and I will get the Caterpillar Dragline scale model for free.Teeth

Wouter

ps: The model then will be sent to my [then EX] wife!Wink
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:27:40 AM

This is great news. So does this mean that TWH is producing the Caterpillar line now? Or just some models here and there like CCM?

Sorry crane guys, take the back seat for now, there's many of models out there for you to choose from Teeth
admin
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:45:29 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello all,

To clear up a few things....

The 7495 models ARE available from your favorite diecast dealer (DHS for those of you who forget who your favorite dealer is). You may spot them on our home page at DHS's Home Page. There is no dealer program for these models but we were able to scrape some up for our valued retail customers. Please note we do not require a down payment with your order.

TWH has been granted a Cat license to announce two models so far. The 7495 and the 8750. They are working with Cat to possibly bring a few more models to market as the Caterpillar licensing program has been expanded beyond Norscot and Classic Construction Models for scale models.

Caterpillar is still considering who will be making additional models for them into the future. I believe this is good news for the collector community as having multiple manufacturers making a model brand brings a nice competition to the table as well as allows for various levels of detail and pricing. Liebherr and Mammoet have been doing this for many years very successfully. I think it is a good thing for Caterpillar collectors to have options to choose from.

Thanks for listening and we will keep you updated with licensing news as we hear about it.

Chuck