DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEWS FLASH! Making-of Caterpillar D6H Boom Buggy - Ad Gevers 20230530 Options · View
kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2014 1:51:47 PM

Groups: Member

The making of...a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade

Custom scale model builder Gertjan Veld has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade by using the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor from Norscot in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Gertjan and Wouter

Le matheysin
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2014 5:08:12 AM

These are "GDS kits" (GDS miniatures) which are selled by Norbert Danchaud (http://minicamionsdetp.skyrock.mobi/?orig=6)

Blog on 1/50 models
==> http://www.gdsminiatures.com/
kwabbus
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 1:58:36 PM

FINALL UPDATE! The making of...Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers shows you one of his latest projects: Building a Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder by using the resin Kit from CYPmodels in 1:50th scale.

Today I added an the last update of this "The making of...Caterpillar 527". This episode shows you the end result with the photos of the scale model aswell as some photos from the very detailed dioroma Ad Gevers built especially for his Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder at the Modelshow Europe.

Interested in the complete story? Then check out the "Making of...a Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder" to discover how gradually it did turnout into the making of a unique handmade scale model.

Ad and Wouter

3406E
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:38:31 AM

Awesome build up. His 527 looks really nice!

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
Ironstef70
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:45:36 AM

Really cool scratchbuild project. You gotta make one to know how much time is required for these tiny pieces of collection.
But really worth the work.

That one would deserve to be submit to Tonkin or CCM and eventually put into production. I'm sure it'd be popular.

Bravo again Applause

Stephane

Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:08:30 PM

NEWS FLASH! Tonkin Replicas Hide and seek!

In the latest BAGGERMODELLE 2014-4 is an advertisement on page 7 from Tonkin Replicas in which they announce that the Caterpillar MH3049 Material handler in 1:50th scale is now available.

That is good news! But the observant viewer sees more! And YOU?

Patrick C
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:17:30 PM

It looks like part of the 627H ejector plate.

Patrick
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:12:51 PM

I would say a "K" series , not an "H"
Patrick C
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:18:40 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
I would say a "K" series , not an "H"

Sorry, yes your right. My bad!

Patrick
digggerr
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:29:43 PM

Baggermodelle/Daniel seems to be dreaming as this model is not listed from any dealer I can see anywhere in the world! I think some people have forgotten that we're still waiting on models announced long ago?

I'd really like to get my hands on a few of those MH3049 wheel/tire assemblies for wheel loader projects!
Cat22Fan
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:19:50 AM

I agree digggerr, like say the D6R. And what ever happen to the attachments for the K series loaders they were coming out with? Haven't heard any news or any mention of them.
Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:39:28 PM

Which one are you referring to? I know for a fact Tonkin have a 627K on the way and I am told it is very, very nice. There was a small announcement some time back. As to other releases not hitting the stores yet, pffft I learned to get over that a long time ago, what you have to remember is it will be yours for eternity once you get it, patience is a virtue with this stuff.
craneman
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 1:04:30 PM

Being an ole buggy skinner, I'm going to have to agree with kwabbus, Patrick C & Gavin that its a gaurd off of 627, its obviously in a prototype from, so it could be years before we see the real thing, what else is new.

Just my 1.5 cents.Whistle
kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 3:34:42 PM

The making of...a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme"

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme" by using the Caterpillar D9E Track-Type Tractor from RR Models in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor van Damme" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.

Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme"

Ad and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:17:23 AM

Today Tonkin Replicas has officially announced their next two to produce Caterpillar scale models in their 1:50 Construction Diecast Series:

• Caterpillar 621K Wheel Tractor Scraper #TR80001

• Caterpillar 627K Push Pull Wheel Tractor Scraper #TR80002

Thanks to the cooperation of Tonkin Replicas I'm able to share you the Tonkin Replicas Press Release. Retail Price for each model: US $124.95 plus shipping.
    Both models will be, if all goes according to plan, available for sales in the last Quart of 2014.

Watch and enjoy! These are going to be two very high level detail models! AWESOME!!

• craneman
    Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:06:00 PM

Well ok so it wasnt years.

SWEET.
    digggerr
    Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:07:21 PM

craneman wrote:
    Well ok so it wasnt years.

Yeah; so it's been announced, but don't ignore your first impression!

It looks like they still have a way to go on it. The missing hydraulic lines and carrier at the pivot are what I noticed first.

Caterpillar stock photo

and

And; while it might be possible that the routing of the apron and ejector lines on the model is a new Caterpillar design change, the remaining lines need replicated.
    kwabbus
    Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:25:39 PM

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade

Custom scale model builder Gertjan Veld has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade by using the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor from Norscot in 1:50th scale.

Today I added the first update of this "The making of... a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade".
    This episode shows you how Gertjan Veld takes the original scale model from Norscot and both kits in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.
    You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade.

Gertjan and Wouter

kwabbus
    Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:36:29 PM

The making of ...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Custom scale model builder Ciprian Ursulescu from CypModels has recently started his next project developing and building in 1:48th scale of the:

DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of... DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer" to show how this custom model will be achieved.
    Ciprian Ursulescu, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me to keep you informed of his progress.
    Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer.

Ciprian and Wouter

kwabbus
    Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:11:22 PM

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D9E "van Damme"

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme" by using the Caterpillar D9E Track-Type Tractor from RR Models in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor van Damme" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.
    Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D9E Plow Tractor "van Damme"

Today I have added the first update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad Gevers his pictures show you the actual start of the project and the struggle to built the unique grill of the "van Damme" machine.

Ad and Wouter