DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Mammoet LTM1350 Jib Options · View
birdman
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:50:41 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Guys,

I have just received the Mammoet LTM1350 Jib and luffer set and I have to say how very disappointed I am with the overall quality of the boom sections, I am not one to go on about issues and quality on an open forum, but for the price of this and WSI normally good quality this is just to much, I feel I had to say something as there were issues with the jib sections on the factory version, so I would have expected WSI would have done something about it, but to no avail. I have emailed both Mammoet and WSI to see what there views are as I feel the price we are having to pay for these models is not being reflected in the quality.

I will post some photos as soon as my camera has charged up.

Very disappointedSad

Steve.

As promised photos

One thing I can't show is the twist in the jib and how some of the boom sections are not quite square, I am in two minds if to fully erect the jib, as I do not have a lot of confidence in some of the sections. Time will tellThink BTW it took me over 3 hours to just to get the jib boom sections bolted together, something like that would normally take me an hour!

Steve
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:03:07 PM

That is sad to see Steve. I am probably one of WSI's biggest advocates but this is just completely unacceptable and I know I will not be getting the jib for my model unless something drastically changes!

Even the black paint on the lattice ends is pitiful.

Paul R
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:06:18 PM

yeah this model is garbage, everything about it is junk, the actual crane, the luffer..... ill pass on this turd until everything gets fixed. Like Paul said, even the black paint on the tips of the boom sections looked like crap
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:53:14 PM

Wow!
Was wondering if the luffer was fixed or still garbage like the factory color jib. I received a "replacement" jib kit with all new sections last week, but unfortunately they were still twisted as the old set. I was really hoping to get the luffer but ill pass. The crane itself is pretty nice, it's just the jib that's screwed up. Wsi needs to re tool the jib castings or something. This is ridiculous. This model is a huge let down after all the hype it generated.
Shame on you Shame on you not happy

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Jazzdrummer27
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:06:57 PM

Shocking. The black parts looks like a really bad re-paint.

Heavy Equipment Model Show
Turf Moor, Burnley Football Club, Burnley, Lancs, UK.
Sunday October 16th 2016
Robert Heuston
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:52:02 PM

Wow. I was expecting the Mammoet one to be spot on because you know it's Mammoet.
Lima 70T
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:21:09 PM

I was thinking about getting this crane, in this colour or Liebherr yellow. After this and other posts, best to give this a wide birth.

As Mammoet says "SIZE DOES MATTER". Slowly collecting Mammoet 1:50 scale stuff. Mainly cranes!
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:27:47 PM

The crane itself I have no issue with. Mine was near perfect and detail is amazing.

Sadly, the jib appears to be another story.

Paul R
Robert Heuston
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:38:23 PM

It better be a different story when the NQ group luffer gets released.
favco500
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 4:36:51 AM

I got mine today but before I picked it up I read birdmans(Steve) post and I thought crap what am I getting,I must have been lucky, no where near as bad as Steve's
but I did have similar problems with the holes not lining up, if the holes were way out I turned the section over and found the holes closer together then with a pointed
screw driver gently tweaked the holes enough to get the screw in but if you force to hard the jib sections start to come apart,I found the first 2 20ft main sections to be the worst,very poor design for the jib sections,conrad did a better job on the ltm1300 jib sections at least they were 1 piece cast and dead straight,all in all I was able to get the whole jib together but it did take awhile,the jib is not dead straight but not bad,I won't be using the full jib as I don't trust the boom on the model also with the
full jib length of 1.72 m ,room is a problem.

Not good pic's I need to get a new camera,Steve.
birdman
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:03:12 AM

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would let you know how I have got on with the problems that I have had with the jib, after several emails to WSI and the Mammoet Store explaining the problems, without question WSI have sent me a complete new jib set, all I can say is 10 out of 10 to WSI what a fantastic service, I though I was going to have major issues with this, but no WSI came through, although the jib sections aren't up to YCC/Conrad standards they are a vast improvement on the last set. Once again a big thank you to all at WSI and a special thanks has to go to Cindy who sorted out most of the problems.

My new jib set 100% better than the last

Hope to have it fully rigged up in the next few days, pictures will follow

Steve.