DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM Cat 631E & 637E Scraper tooling samples Options · View
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:40:56 AM

Groups: Member

CCM have released some photos on their blog of the upcoming 631E & 637E scrapers and while there are a few more corrections to make overall they look absolutely fantastic.

Antho
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:15:30 PM

They really look fantastic! I'll absolutely have to get them both. Let's hope I can afford them when they're out..
diesel michael
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:29:18 PM

They look good, as long as they are the same quaility as the 666 these will be a hit!

"DO IT IN THE DIRT"
cat955k
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:22:04 PM

models are fantastic, although I see an error in the rear wheel of cat 637E
the rim back the wheel, should be equal to the front wheel
Look at the real machine
I hope they rectify
Gavin84w
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:12:54 PM

cat955k wrote:
models are fantastic, although I see an error in the rear wheel of cat 637E
the rim back the wheel, should be equal to the front wheel
Look at the real machine
I hope they rectify

Like i said there are a couple of corrections needed and i am 100% sure thie final drive will be added, it,s an easy fix and as this is just the tooling samples they have the time to make those sort of corrections, it,s one thing seeing it in rapid proto form but the tooling samples all painted up and decalled really get you close to the final product and allow you to see much more.
cat955k
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:07:52 AM

the same was said of the cat D9H And look what happened

pray that these models go well,
Neil D
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:48:11 PM

Saw these photos plus a few others earlier this week- the fuel tank appears to be cast with a front that slopes to the rear instead of being a vertical cast like the real machine apart from the wheels they look real good

Neil
tomcat1191
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:49:07 PM

cat955k wrote:
the same was said of the cat D9H And look what happened

pray that these models go well,

Give it up. No body likes a cry baby. If you don't like it than sell the damn thing and move on. I think we all get the point ccm did a bad job on the d9h

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

ITmachine
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:45:39 PM

Anyone have a thought on price for the 637? Be nice to have a pair.
Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:10:31 PM

Neil D wrote:
Saw these photos plus a few others earlier this week- the fuel tank appears to be cast with a front that slopes to the rear instead of being a vertical cast like the real machine apart from the wheels they look real good

Neil

Neil, the fuel tanks for 631E/37E are all on the rear of the scraper bowl and with the 37 the rear engine tank is on top of the cross tube, i have had a look at that tank and it is shaped correctly as per the real machine.

If you are talking about the tank on the RHS front of the tractor that is actually the hydraulic tank and i have checked it again and it does slope to the rear slightly on the real machine, it is definently not vertical.

The rear wheels were a simple misfit at the factory and will be correct on the real deal when they get them done.
RMS Models
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:39:26 PM

DOLPHIN
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:06:11 PM

I realize that these are samples and I stand corrected but I did some research and found that the E- series as far back as 1986 had the pyramid CAT on black decals fitted and later the red stripe was added at the bottom of the black - the last pacman decals appeared on the D-series.

Dolph
Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:33:34 PM

DOLPHIN wrote:
I realize that these are samples and I stand corrected but I did some research and found that the E- series as far back as 1986 had the pyramid CAT on black decals fitted and later the red stripe was added at the bottom of the black - the last pacman decals appeared on the D-series.

Dolph

Pacman style decals were available on the first E series scrapers, we delivered brand new 651E in 1984 here in Australia that were all pacman decalled and Cats spec sheets showed them all with them. The spec sheet which are attached on the CCM website show them also for the 631 & 637 being modelled.

If you look in SIS you won,t find the pacman decal part numbers though, you have to have an early s/n parts book to get them
DOLPHIN
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 1:03:09 AM

Gavin

Thanks for clearing that up - I thought there could be a good explanation for this.

Dolph
Neil D
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 8:35:11 PM

Thanks for that Gavin, must admit I have never seen a 631E in the flesh and did not realize the fuel tanks were in the rear.
At the end of the day these are top class models, for those that were asking the prices I saw ranged from $249 - 279

Happy christmas everybody
Neil
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 9:15:16 PM

I wonder if they will be doing a 633 elevating scraper as well? I know it wasn't an extremely popular machine, but since they already have the tractor...

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
Neil D
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:49:02 AM

Gavin,
I meant to ask you- were the machines that were available with pacman decals painted in the old hiway yellow or the new paint that was initially introduced in 1980?

Neil
Gavin84w
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:41:12 AM

Neil D wrote:
Gavin,
I meant to ask you- were the machines that were available with pacman decals painted in the old hiway yellow or the new paint that was initially introduced in 1980?

Neil

Neil, when Cat changed from Highway yellow to Cat yeallow to get the lead out (1979) there was a slight shade change and i recall there propaganda at the time saying it would not be very noticeable vs the old colour. It wasnt till around 88 when they went to water based enamel that then turned the colour into what some people refer to as honey or mustard yellow so the first 631E coming out with pacman decals would have worn the yellow closer to the old highway colour so the models will reflect that vintage and this i would say will hold true for any future models in the series that are in that 1980 to 88 range. This will also benefit the collectors by having same shade models on the shelf.

An exception maybe the McAninch D9L/631E combo as this machine is based of what they have done more so than what Cat did with each individual model that makes up this pair, same holds true for the decals as it will be shod with the red beltline style decals.

Here is a picture from Caterpillars service training bulletin from when the 630E family machines were released showing a 631E at the Tucson Proving grounds and you can see it was clearly shod with pacman style decals.

Neil D
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:49:16 PM

Thanks Gavin, I do now remember some of the propaganda at the time but my outstanding memory of Cats from that era is that the colour faded very quickly to a horrible sand colour not unlike early Komatsu's. I think its quite ironic that Komatsu's are painted a bright yellow and Cats are a darker colour that still today reminds one of the early Komatsu's.

Neil
Ace797
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 12:36:08 AM

Some just b*t&h about these models and should just be cutting edge and router bit changers. I've had a home for these girls for over a year and I will wait. Thanks CCM and looking forward to them.