DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Start of a new dio Options · View
SebastianGMS
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:14:50 AM

Groups: Member

Since I wanted to do some moving around in my room i thought I'd build a new table for my models. Then i thought I'd take it one step further and set up a new dio. I wanted to do something simple where I could keep all of my models yet still have something different. I started this on Friday since I had the day off. It took me about a day and a half to build the table. Then a another day and a half to set up the beginning of the dio.

I thought a yard for my company would be perfect. Simple and it would give me a chance to have all my models there. I plan on adding a lot more detail to it. I want to fence the whole thing off. I then want to add an office trailer. I want to add electric poles and have street lights off of them. I will make them work. just waiting on the leds. I'll have to see what else I can do. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to anything.

Here are a few pics. If anyone is actually interested in how I made any of it or wants to see more I'll be glad to share tips or pics. Sorry if it's not up to par but this is my first creation ever. I tried and after all it was a pretty good experience.

twobits84
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 7:04:53 AM

Not a bad start off man. Will you be adding a small repair shop for your machines?

Jon
towoc999
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 1:08:40 PM

the concret block that separate your agregate are very nice , keep up it does look good.
HCF
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 4:29:17 PM

SebastianGMS
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 7:13:08 PM

Thank you all. Like I said I'm not expecting the amazing quality, but it's good to know you guys think it's pretty cool. For now I will be leaving it as is. I ordered styrene off of amazon. When that comes in the mail I will be adding I will be adding the office. I don't think there will be enough space of a shop.
HCF
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:28:15 AM

SebastianGMS wrote:
Thank you all. Like I said I'm not expecting the amazing quality, but it's good to know you guys think it's pretty cool. For now I will be leaving it as is. I ordered styrene off of amazon. When that comes in the mail I will be adding I will be adding the office. I don't think there will be enough space of a shop.

That'll look good. I need to build a small office for my diorama one of these days.

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

SebastianGMS
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:10:11 AM

You have a really nice dio Jason. The shop you made was really nice. It looks crisp. How'd you make it? Also where do you get 1/50 scale strobes? I'm trying to make pilot truck for my Kenworth lowboy hauling the deere 470g. Just a little oversized haha.