DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WSI QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES: Options · View
Brett G
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 10:59:21 PM

Groups: Member

Thought i'd start a new separate post for all to post the damaged products from WSI.

Today i finally received my 2 x WSI SARENS KW C500B 6x4 02-1393

first Thank you to my suppliers for the well packed models.

Suppliers packaging can not fault as always.

Well pics explain all WSI QC Whistle Whatever

Factory sealed Truck 1: Damaged exhaust , roof warning beacon clear cover , roof aerial. Sad

Factory sealed Truck 2: Damaged rear tool box , head acke board bent back away from sleeper bunk , exhaust , roof warning beacons clear covers , roof aerial , side clearance light , rear work light & bent bullbar side marker. Sad

No spare tire & push bar included with these sarens models i presume ?

yes it's all fixable with some glue but it not what you expect from a company supplying new products

Just a NOTE before WSI shifted i purchased 2 x Red KW C500B's (not even a bent aerial) & many other WSI models all with out a problem So it looks to be the new location & the QC

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

Brett G
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 11:01:59 PM

ROXU 1500 8.1

OP - BladeCrane

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=135857&p=2

Brett G
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 11:09:47 PM

Wonder if WSI would except there newly painted company vehicles with a axe through the bonnets on delivery - hay its fixable with some bog & paint Teeth Whatever - WSI it's exactly what you expect your customers to put up with when we buy models coming damaged.

dilogdp
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 2:49:29 PM

I agree. I love the truck, but I am also having quality control issues. The first Ocean Traders arrived with a broke 5th wheel. DHS immediately sent a replacement. This one has a bent antenna and the paint is completed rubbed from one side and the front bumper is not straight. I was going to "just live with it", but now I think I'll return for a 3rd attempt.

I never have had any quality issues with the TWH/Sword trucks.
D5G
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 3:59:51 PM

There is a simple fix to this issue. We as collectors completely boycott WSI until they fix these issues. If they don't and no one buys them they will simply go out of business, the choice is entirely up to them.

MikesModels2011 on Facebook

MikesModels2011 on YouTube

Mikes Model Reviews Thread

Mack Granite Project Thread
Jazzdrummer27
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 4:03:04 PM

Yes - it really did arrive like this. Dealer sorted it out very efficiently.

Heavy Equipment Model Show
Turf Moor, Burnley Football Club, Burnley, Lancs, UK.
Sunday October 16th 2016
Cat345bl
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:49:05 PM

It looks like all their problems seems to be on the truck side. I have a WSI Hamm Roller which arrived in one piece, the only thing wrong with it is that is really hard to open the engine panel on one side.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:29:23 PM

Cat345bl wrote:
It looks like all their problems seems to be on the truck side. I have a WSI Hamm Roller which arrived in one piece, the only thing wrong with it is that is really hard to open the engine panel on one.

I think you missed all the post with issues on cranes eh?

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Cat345bl
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:43:42 PM

EastCoastFabricator wrote:

I think you missed all the post with issues on cranes eh?

Probably I am a dirt collector so that might explain why lol. Hopefully they can get it together and sort out their problems because they do make some good stuff.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

frusso
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 4:53:22 PM

I received my LTM1350 Sarens with 3 problems... I solve it, but it is not good receive a model of $600 damaged... The model was very well wraped too...
abdullahjurjani
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 10:49:26 PM

Yes, I have a same problem with wsi product =>:-< So now we should know, buying diecast is risky!!!
AZ2RAIL
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 1:04:06 AM

I agree, buying diecast is risky, but so is everything else. I also collect model trains, and they arrive damaged too. Plus, I have purchased Conrad items, and they need repairing also. I have a harder time believing that so many items are put together badly, then I believe that the boxes are tossed around in shipment.
gohkleng
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 2:03:24 AM

The problem is when you feedback or report the problem, the dealer who sold you the model are not believing !!
I experience it many times, it is hard to explain to them what is damaged! They might think you bluff them!! Especially those buyer far away from dealer, usually I buy my model from thousands miles away.. Like buffolo road import and msw. Until today, 4 months passed, they still choose to heck care my severely damaged models!!
Nbpcb them!
centaurious25
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 2:30:55 AM

In my opinion, the problem with wsi is they are focusing too much on producing new models but thet are overlooking the quality control and customer service issues. They come out with new models in every one or two weeks compare to conrad,nzg,etc. which only come out with new models for like 3-4 times a year. Those brands are focusing on making good quality models that satisfy us customers. Wsi just wants to push their production without caring much on quality. I have had a few broken models from both wsi and conrad. It took me one and a half month to get replacement from wsi. They only reply my email once a week. Even worst, some of the replacement are also broken. Unlike wsi, it only take me days to get replacement parts from conrad. I have to say Carmen from conrad is doing a very good job to keep us customer satisfy.wsi do produce good and nice model and I really like them, but they aren't going anywhere if they don't rectify on the current quality issue problem a lot of us are facing.
GC1
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:31:38 AM

It would be interesting to see what percentage of models are damaged on arrival. I say this because I think the problem is when they pack them…they basically jam the lid on and presto..packed(and damaged). I don't believe they are damaged before they are packed.

I am also reasonably sure that the percentage of damaged models compared to those that are not damaged is fairly low when it gets down to it. Which is most probably why the dealers replace them.

Maybe Chuck could give us an answer re this. So I would not wipe out WSI just yet.
giftmodels
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:09:01 AM

As for my part, 10% of the models that I get have @1st view many problems and broken parts.. often repairable with simple dot of glue ..
but the problems due on LTM1500 are not repairable, I have several customers who have sent me pictures with problems to stabilizers,to the extension of telescopic boom ... as the first series of Fassi-Palfinger crane for example . But all problems are ALWAYS been solved by WSI.

Today I hope that WSI will work to increase the quality of control .. because often small problems are so obvious that they should still be solved before ship them to retailers .. are often caused by inadequate packaging containment.

I hope therefore that reverses the direction of way, what wsi had a favor to his debut, it was value for money and quality-perfect model, this is no longer the case.

GIFTMODELS.it
Brett G
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:19:35 AM

i got an email from a person thats very in the know of things there. i can not revel on there request & can not say too much. WSI is in a real mess. long story short basically is no original WSI staff left most have seeked empoyment to tonkin , whats left in europe they care but there hands are tied by the new owners chinese which basically don't give a s#*t to put it blunt. so best thing to do is refuse to buy there models & hope someone drake , tonkin , etc etc will take them over.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:38:09 AM

Brett G wrote:
i got an email from a person thats very in the know of things there. i can not revel on there request & can not say too much. WSI is in a real mess. long story short basically is no original WSI staff left most have seeked empoyment to tonkin , whats left in europe they care but there hands are tied by the new owners chinese which basically don't give a s#*t to put it blunt. so best thing to do is refuse to buy there models & hope someone drake , tonkin , etc etc will take them over.

My official response:

http://youtu.be/SJUSNtPocqs

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Newcrane
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 2:19:11 PM

Brett G wrote:

I thought something like that was going on with WSI as of a few months ago. Haven't bought anything from them in while, but was about to. I think I'll hold off WSI purchases for a while longer till the mess is sorted out.
zachattak2
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 6:51:46 PM

i was considering buying a ltm1050-3.1 but now i may hold off