DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Some Old Iron Options · View
DumpsterToy
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:51:25 PM
Groups: Member

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1PzNM5mVTBc/UDj1p1UxLtI/AAAAAAAALGw/_S0ngAkHSgI/s912/IMG_2243.JPG[[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8DRL2sFza5M/UDj1qpl8TwI/AAAAAAAALG4/T-kr0MZJBzQ/s912/IMG_2244.JPG

"/>
89cxsport
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:21:25 PM

There you go Dave I fixed the last two for you. I wonder what year that General is?

Flickr Photostream
DumpsterToy
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:03:34 PM

Thanks for the help. I meant to cancel the pics and start over. I have know no idea as to the age of the General. The gravel pit where I took these pics has been sold and I do not know if this old eguipis still at this sight. A friend on mine stopped at the office and talked to the previous owner and ask him if we could come in sometime and get some pics of the Manitowoc 4600 draglines that they used for digging gravel. He said we would be welcome to do this, but it would have to be on Sat. when the pit was closed. We went back about 3 weeks later and spent about 4 hours walking the grounds. Not many places would let a stranger to something like that. Aren't you the youngman I spoke with at the HCEA Show at Bowling Green two years ago? I did not make it to this years show. I went to a show HCEA\ Cat Club Show up there many years ago and it was terrible. Hope all is well with you and thanks again.

Dave Somers/aka dumpster
89cxsport
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:23:26 PM

Dave,
Yes I meet you at Bowling Green, you brought your Ford F-8 model to the show so I could see it in person. From the photos I have seen from the show this year it looked pretty good, but pictures can be deceiving.

Flickr Photostream
89cxsport
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:34:05 PM

Dave,
Here is the only General I have come across before. I have seen a few photos of them though. This one runs and is used at a show in Virginia.

Flickr Photostream
SDBOB
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 11:48:06 AM

thanks for the pics. Never have seen a General. Osgood but no General. Imagine at one time those were looked apon as' wow 'state of the art.