DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hough D-500 Push Dozer Operational Video. Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:06:38 AM
Groups: Member

While scouting the interweb for an old equipment flame. {The Hough D-50 with Aircraft Canopy}. Spent many winters in upstate NY pushing snow in that frigidly cold Hough D-50. I came across an honest to God Hough D-500 in operation. Had to share it.
This first video ,the Hough D-500 sounds a lot better. The second video not so much...

Enjoy with coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmwzGDn7-ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icQmunpaDzI

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

SDBOB
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 11:46:59 AM

Thanks for the videos.
Basketball Man
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 12:44:08 PM

Nice for the morningTeeth

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
61BG
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 1:02:20 PM

41, When you say D-50 do you mean an H-50 with a blade? I love videos, Thanks for passing them along to us. 61BG
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:13:10 PM

61BG wrote:
41, When you say D-50 do you mean an H-50 with a blade? I love videos, Thanks for passing them along to us. 61BG

Yes, that's the one. The one I started my heavy equipment career as a youngster about 25 years ago. Ours had a bucket with the Aircraft style sliding canopy{that didn't work BTW}. In winter a frigid Gasoline exhaust leaking into the cab. Still I have a fondness for that machine. I think my Boss wanted to know if I'd destroy the old Hough {being a first time operator} before the huge Case Loader for Snow removal. Can't remember the Case model number W- something, but it was big.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:15:15 PM

Basketball Man wrote:
Nice for the morningTeeth

Figured a few would like it.

-Unknown

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:17:17 PM

SDBOB wrote:
Thanks for the videos.

Anytime Bob.

-Unknown

Cat345bl
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2014 8:07:35 PM

Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it has a 16v71na under the hood. I think Winzinger out of South Jersey still has one in their green and white Livery.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 09/21/23

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:18:37 AM

Cat345bl wrote:
Thanks for posting, sounds and looks like it has a 16v71na under the hood. I think Winzinger out of South Jersey still has one in their green and white Livery.

Glade you like it. Yup, that first video is how I imagined the D-500 would sound. The second video of one ,well she needs a little work under the hood. Bet it rides like a Tank though,rough.

-Unknown

max
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 4:53:59 PM

Interresting machine, thanks for sharing, 41!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 7:55:55 PM

max wrote:
Interresting machine, thanks for sharing, 41!!
Max.

Anytime Max.

-Unknown

cat594
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 8:35:55 PM

Great video......

William.....