DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

FEDEX Options · View
Brett G
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 12:22:58 AM

Groups: Member

A good mate of mine sent me this situation he is having with fedex Australia

Don't use FEDEX eh!

so I have a package in transit. It is in australia and will be held on a shelf for a further 9 days because it does not have priority rating . so rather than just deliver an item which has already been 11 days intransit and clear the item it will be held for a further 9 days to satisfy a beuracratic behaviour. the company which says if it has to be there it will arrive tomorrow by 10 o'clock seems to have the capacity to hold to ransom items which could easily be delivered. It cost money to shelve and store items. just deliver my package!
now I spoke with Fred in the australian call centre and he repeatedly refused to transfer me to a supervisor and argued that my right to complain both about the service and about his behaviour was invalid. he later hung up on me.
so lets get this straight ...........A person sends a package economy it actually means that FEDEX will guarantee it WON'T arrive before a specified date.
I will not use FEDEX if I have the choice at ANY time to use another carrier.
The item # is 771039751712.

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

RMS Models
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 8:33:07 AM

Brett G,

Obviously I do not know all the circumstances reqarding this package deliver, however, your mate needs to consider that there now is FedEx and FedEx Ground. The orginal FedEx advertises overnight shipping, FedEx Ground does not. Reviewing the websites of each, if it is an International shipment, the delivery times and policies are way different for both FedEx and Fedex Ground. Also, while it may cost something to keep a package on the shelf, if your mate is not on a regular route, it will cost far more to send a driver and vehicle on a special tip. Just facts to consider.

My experiences, I have had similiar delays with United Parcel Service and the United States Postal Service. Not that easy to swear off a certain carrier.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack.civ@mail.mil
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:38:09 PM

Brett,

I'm sorry to be the one have to tell you that your "good mate" is providing you with erroneous information. The parcel only went out of Kentucky on Thursday and is already in Sydney since yesterday. I'd consider that pretty damned good for international economy service. It's 9 hours to Brisbane in a reasonably fast car, let alone a lorry. Here are the facts;

Link to FedEx tracking page

Even if the story he told you was true, he had no legitimate reason to contact FedEx unless he was the one who arranged and paid for the shipment. I would think that "Fred" would have told him that early in the call, or at least tried to.

The bottom line here is; this guys got his panties twisted because he sees the web tracking online stating an "estimated" delivery date that he doesn't like seeing since his parcel is already on the continent and not that far away. It's been my personal experience that about half the time the parcel arrives before the projection.

BTW; when are you going to post some photos of your tweaked 1290R?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RMS,

FedEx Ground doesn't exist in Australia.
Brett G
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 2:49:16 AM

apparently they will not deliver until the 17th

Airwolf
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:21:31 PM

I found out that fed ex has a date generated when a package is sent out, that they will deliver on not before even if it is at the city's fed ex facility.

I had a package arrive and sat at my local fed ex for 3 days before it was delivered. I wont use fed ex anymore

I am referring to fed ex ground
mcm308
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:09:52 PM

I use fedex ground alot and my packages usually arrive before the projected date.
Weserhutte
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:39:15 AM

Well; the parcel was delivered yesterday I see. So much for FedEx delaying delivery!

Considering customs on both ends and over 9,000 miles of travel; I don't see how anybody could find fault with with this "economy" service.

Brett G
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 10:24:00 AM

it's his gripe not mine. i never used fedex myself.

Weserhutte
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:06:42 PM

You brought the matter here. Maybe next time look into if it's a true story before you post it?
Brett G
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:16:13 PM

the reason i posted was to see if anyone else had similar problems
FYIFM was a true story
& they did not want to help with his situation as he called many times & one he posted it on other f/book courier sites THEN they promptly replied with help LOL

AZ2RAIL
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:43:08 PM

I am doing this in reverse. I have a package coming FROM Australia TO the United States. I do not know how it is coming, but I would assume Australia's version of USPS. I am using today [10/01/14] as the start date. I was givin a delivery date between 10/9 and 10/22. We will see.