DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

New Guy! Options · View
vladipetrov
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:03:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I've been lurking around the forum for many years, but I finally decided to join in. You guys are fully responsible for me picking up cranes as a hobby Teeth , and last year I even bought my first model.

Its huge and I need to finish the remodeling of the house, so it can be put in it's designated display place, fully approved by the wifeTeeth As a hint for now:

LTL 2600

So for now, it will stay safe in the box and I'll share some pictures once its out, hopefully sooner rather than later Wink
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:59:19 PM

Welcome to the group! One crane is not going to cut it...

You need to purchase another 4 cranes ASAP as 5 is the minimum number of cranes to join the club Smiley Once you have the other 4 you can work on deciding how to layout the display area while you remodel. :D :D

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:11:37 AM

Welcome to the forums!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Canadiancollector
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:56:08 AM

Welcome to the forums, Approval from the wife is huge, I'm glad my wife is so understanding as well Cool

EastCoastFabricator wrote:

You need to purchase another 4 cranes ASAP as 5 is the minimum number of cranes to join the club Smiley Once you have the other 4 you can work on deciding how to layout the display area while you remodel. :D :D

I Remember the day I decided to buy a crane model, it was going to be something neat to start conversations, so I found myself this nice little Denzai LTM11200. Little did I know what was in store for me, I was so naive d'oh! , I had caught the fever and didn't know it at the time, now the collection grows exponentially. Then i realized I needed trucks to move loads so that the cranes would have a purpose in life, and on it goes, I think I need help Whistle . Anyway I"m up to five cranes, does this club have a membership card?, or is it just my ticket to the asylum Teeth
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:21:56 AM

Canadiancollector wrote:
Welcome to the forums, Approval from the wife is huge, I'm glad my wife is so understanding as well Cool

I Remember the day I decided to buy a crane model, it was going to be something neat to start conversations, so I found myself this nice little Denzai LTM11200. Little did I know what was in store for me, I was so naive d'oh! , I had caught the fever and didn't know it at the time, now the collection grows exponentially. Then i realized I needed trucks to move loads so that the cranes would have a purpose in life, and on it goes, I think I need help Whistle . Anyway I"m up to five cranes, does this club have a membership card?, or is it just my ticket to the asylum Teeth

Approval from the woman is the same as finding the golden ticket for Willy Wonka. The secret lies in getting them involved so they say you need new trucks/cranes.

This is the story of my life LOL. I wasn't a truck fan until I met Jim C. then things went downhill from there requiring a new case I am building to hold all the trucks and a dedicated case for the cranes. So many options and not enough cash.

5 cranes is automatic free entry to the asylum. Smiley

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
vladipetrov
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:43:22 PM

Once you have the other 4 you can work on deciding how to layout the display area while you remodel. :D :D

Well, the cranes could help out with the lifting work, or occupy the workers with something non work-related Teeth

[The secret lies in getting them involved so they say you need new trucks/cranes.
][/quote]

That nails it right there! I did, and a funny thing happened - she showed me a big empty chunk of wall which I was wondering what to do with and asked for some fancy bath tiles in exchange Teeth

I also thought of buying more cranes, and different ones, but the Lampson was a dream so I went head first into it. Hopefully once I have more space, I'll enter the asylum full time Teeth

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Fabio
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:43:37 PM

Welcome to the forum
cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:28:07 PM

welcome fellow crane groupie! Cool

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Crane Crew
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:09:02 PM

Welcome to the madness.....more photos of the LTL pleaseDrool

Mark

If you only do what you've always done, you will only get what you always got!