DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Linkbelt290rb's Equipment Options · View
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:40:13 PM

Groups: Member

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

brian falcone
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:49:27 PM

you were in my neck of the woods. the eimco dozer is at conklin i believe and it looks like you found the greenville ready mix link belt.
brian falcone
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:51:04 PM

i know the 41b and hien warner too. nice old machines
max
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 1:34:34 AM

Whistle Whistle
Quite frankly, this has to be the most interresting set of pictures i've seen on this forum so far......!!!
Link-Belt 290, either you have an opportunity to drive an incredible amount of miles per a week, either you live on an area where nobody ever scrap anything.....Whatever that is, you have very interresting pictures of interresting machines!!
I hope that whoever owns the Northwest 100DH is aware that their old machine is probably the last surviver of only half a dozen of machines ever built and that they will act accordingly(preserve the machine that is!!)

Theire are a lot of machines that i would put on my "scale model to built" list if i could get close enough to take measurements and pictures, including the LS4800, both Northwest hydraulic excavators, the H-W C14,..........
Many thanks for sharing these and please, bring more!!!!!
Regards.
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 9:16:49 AM

brian falcone wrote:
you were in my neck of the woods. the eimco dozer is at conklin i believe and it looks like you found the greenville ready mix link belt.
yup! I grew up in Scituate so always saw the Link Belt and was lucky enough to get pics.

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 9:37:43 AM

max wrote:
Whistle Whistle
Quite frankly, this has to be the most interresting set of pictures i've seen on this forum so far......!!!
Link-Belt 290, either you have an opportunity to drive an incredible amount of miles per a week, either you live on an area where nobody ever scrap anything.....Whatever that is, you have very interresting pictures of interresting machines!!
I hope that whoever owns the Northwest 100DH is aware that their old machine is probably the last surviver of only half a dozen of machines ever built and that they will act accordingly(preserve the machine that is!!)

Theire are a lot of machines that i would put on my "scale model to built" list if i could get close enough to take measurements and pictures, including the LS4800, both Northwest hydraulic excavators, the H-W C14,..........
Many thanks for sharing these and please, bring more!!!!!
Regards.
Max.
Thank you, that really means a lot. A lot of this stuff I find either through google maps or word of mouth. Trust me there is a lot of old stuff near everybody you just have to know what to look for. The best places to look are yards, farms, abandoned facilities of any kind (this 40H and Hy-Hoe were sitting in a abandoned factory complex) or old pits. Once I have a suffiecent list a group of friends and I every other weekend hop in the car and drive around photographing this stuff. Its a lot of fun and its always nice to see this old stuff. Every machine thus far in this thread is either in Rhode Island, Conneticut, Massachusets, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey or New York. Will be slowing branching out across the country hopefully soon. The 100DH is safe, the owners have told me it is the last one left. This machine is the same one in many of the promotional literature, it is the only one with the cab riser and then later in life it was painted yellow. The current owners bought it for use in their gravel pit and when that closed they decided to keep it. If you ever want measurements or detailed photos I would be happy to send them. I was acctually back up at the 55DH and Hein Warner yesterday.

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 9:53:29 AM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
Excellent photos ! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 11:28:52 AM

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 3:19:28 PM

max
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:17:40 AM

linkbelt290rb wrote:
digggerr wrote:
Great photos, and keep them coming!!

Just out of curiosity; why is the LS-4800 is a rare machine?

Larry Kotkowski would probably like to have that Northwest 55-DH to restore.
Its kind of an odd size and I'm not sure of the exact number but they didn't make very many of them.

Link-Belt had the LS4800 and LS5400 in their product line from 1977 or so until 1984.Both machines are just about identical, the 5400 being less than a ton heavier than the 4800.Both machines were powered by a GM 6-71.
Another very rare Link-Belt machine is the LS6400 wich was a direct competitor to the Cat 245.
Once agauin, many thanks, John for posting pictures of those very interresting machines.
Best regards.
Max.

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
max
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:30:55 AM

Hi again,
Little interresting detail about 2 machines shown here:The LS7400 and the Northwest 55DH has the same engine, a Detroit 12V71.The LS7400 is 20 tons (+- 50 000 lbs)heavier than the 55DH.....does that makes the 7400 underpowered or the 55 overpowered or a bit of both.....who knows!!
John,
It looks like the place where the Cat 824 is parked is loaded with interresting older Cat Equipment, including a 16 grader.....you got any more pictures??
Is it just my impression or you are a big fan of these off highway trucks(prime-movers and dump trucks)??
These Mack rock trucks seems in a hell of a nice shape.....
Max.

RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:17:17 AM

linkbelt290rb,

Dude ! You need to publish a photo book ! You have an amazing stash of classic construction equipment photographs. The book would make a great coffee table/conversation piece.
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:28:50 PM

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:30:28 PM

RMS Models wrote:
linkbelt290rb,

Dude ! You need to publish a photo book ! You have an amazing stash of classic construction equipment photographs. The book would make a great coffee table/conversation piece.
Thank you! Means a lot! Love the older equipment and want to document as much as I can before a lot of it is gone.

CDN Cat Power
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:17:12 PM

That Euc 71TD what a cool truck and look at the power looks like 2 X 8V71 screaming detroit now that I would love to hear running !! Thanks for the great pictures !

Yes I own a lot of Norscot Cat models they remind me of my many good years working for a Cat Dealer. Going out to the back forty after work playing with used equipment just moving dirt around
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:07:10 PM

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:09:12 PM

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:10:06 PM

logmax7000
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:11:31 PM

Nice pictures there. How do you manage to track down all this stuff?
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:19:13 PM