Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Electric Motor Driven Toys Options · View
DumpsterToy
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:15:52 PM
Groups: Member

JTL
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 2:48:41 PM

Dude. You have one of the coolest, most unique collections I've seen!
Thanks for sharing!

Are you an enviromentist, or do you work for a living?
DumpsterToy
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 3:52:37 PM

A little history om these toys. The dozer was made by Products Minature. Not real sure of the time frame, but I am guessing around 1954. The fork lift was made by a small toy company locate in Urbana, Ohio. Their main toy line was erector set. Again I am guessing about the mfg. date,the early 1950's is my guess.I have seen them sold for big dollars by people calling them salesmen's samples. I do not believe this to be true. My father took me to Urbana several time around Christmas time and they had displays of their erector set and these forklifts. By moving the handles on the steering column, you could make the lift raise, lower tilt forward or backward as well at the machine go forward and backward. My wife bought this at an auction in Newark. Ohio. I was unable to attend the auction because of work. My real reason for sending her was to by A Unit Crane made by Doepke which she got. I think she paid like $35.00 for the forklift.

Dumpster
DanielD
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2014 5:12:03 PM

Hello Dave,
Thanks for sharing. I have this same plastic International TD-24, but without the drive motor and without the blade. I am thinking whoever the company, bought the plastic model and altered it by adding the blade and drive motor. Seems like I recall seeing this in a "vending" machine, where you paid a quarter or something and could "push" your "prize" to a hopper to retrieve it. Similar to the ones using the Doepke Unit crane with a clamshell to retrieve your prize. Are you saying what the Unit crane cost??? Sounds like a great addition to a great collection. All the best, DanielD