DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Thought on TEKNO models????? Options · View
Rocky100370
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 2:22:25 PM
Groups: Member

Have looked at review on web but would rather hear from members......

So how does Tekno compare to WSI/NZG/Conrad??

Thanks
V8dieselpower
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 2:59:45 PM

Tekno trucks are about the same quality as WSI.
Compared to older WSI models the paintwork is better but with new releases they are the same quality.
The major difference is WSI comes ready out of the box and with Tekno you need to add on mirrors, aerials and marker lights.
The only disadvantage is Tekno models are very fragile.
I collect mainly heavy haulage trucks and the trailers from WSI are miles ahead of Tekno, in general haulage like fridges they are pretty much the same.
The NZG and Conrad trucks are a step down from Tekno and WSI, less detailed but stronger.

Big wheels keep on turnin' proud V8 keep on burnin'
Passion for power => scania R730
Barkerjoh
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:38:26 PM

The WSI kenworth c-500 and western star are badass models. I bought the western first and had to purchase the c-500 after seeing its amazing.
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 5:46:03 PM

Tekno trucks are okay. Paint is usually excellent, especially on their show trucks such as the Avatar. I dislike immensely having to fit mirrors and lights etc.....

Trailers are from the stone age! They really need updating! But I'm hoping that the Tekno/Tonkin relationship will produce some stonking models.

WSI have a lot of detail and paintwork is well finished. Trailers are quite simply the best on the market. Detail is second to none but as has been well documented the packaging lets them down.

NZG have a reasonable amount of detail and well made. Trailers are okay also, though its been a while since I've bought one.

Conrad are the least detailed in my opinion but are well made and great for custom work.

And then we have at the top of the pile the Drake models. Quite simple the best on the market for detail and quality but also command a hefty price tag. I'm really looking forward to their 2015 offerings.

Paul R
czl663
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 2:39:55 PM

Paul R wrote:
Tekno trucks are okay. Paint is usually excellent, especially on their show trucks such as the Avatar. I dislike immensely having to fit mirrors and lights etc.....

Trailers are from the stone age! They really need updating! But I'm hoping that the Tekno/Tonkin relationship will produce some stonking models.

WSI have a lot of detail and paintwork is well finished. Trailers are quite simply the best on the market. Detail is second to none but as has been well documented the packaging lets them down.

NZG have a reasonable amount of detail and well made. Trailers are okay also, though its been a while since I've bought one.

Conrad are the least detailed in my opinion but are well made and great for custom work.

And then we have at the top of the pile the Drake models. Quite simple the best on the market for detail and quality but also command a hefty price tag. I'm really looking forward to their 2015 offerings.

Paul R

Finally I find the right word to describe Tekno trailers, "from the stone age", yes! Teeth

2015 will be a big year for Drake models and also for our pocket. Hope Drake will pay attention to the quality control as T909's quality is a little bit lower than the T908 in TWH age.

Farrell