DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Clairton Coke Works Heavy Lift with PTC Question Options · View
SDBOB
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:56:38 AM
Groups: Member

I was at one of my concrete plants Wed.The plant operator started telling me about a large crane he saw at the Clairton Coke works. I guess they supplier the concrete to set the crane on. From 1 pic I got looks like the PTC. The crane has a large load. Anybody have more pics or info. I just went by there Mon. I didn't get date of work.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2015 2:30:40 PM

Crane in question ,the Mammoet PTC working at Clairton Coke Works .

http://www.iwea.org/img/projects/1000_800/fit/1363101882513f48ba6b053.jpg

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

SDBOB
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 12:10:26 PM

Thank you. I found only 2 other photos from a distance not very detailed.I missed that setup.Dang-it.
BrentsCranes
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 4:55:53 PM

Actually, that picture was taken of one of my companies jobsites. (Graycor Industrial) That is the Mammoet PTC and we brought that crane in to make a couple of hoists. Believe it or not, the concrete foundation that was put in for that crane was still green concrete when we demobilized the crane and tore out the concrete. The PTC was hoisting over live gas lines and at some pretty impressive radii. That job was completed almost a year and a half ago if not 2 years. If was the first brand new Coke Battery that was built in the United States in the last 30 years(if my memory serves correct). The lifts consisted of a roughly 200t Larry Car, a 240t Coke Transfer Car (CTC), and a 350t Pusher car. We have a model of the PTC in one of our offices and that model is pretty amazing. It took one of our guys over a week to build.