DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hi Mo Bo Komatsu Options · View
RayT
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:35:07 AM

Groups: Member

I have two Hi Mo Bo D575 dozers I`m thinking of selling. What in the opinion of you guys that know more about these things than I do. What would be a ball park figure of the value of these models?

I`m sure they must be quite rare now and would not come up for sale too often, (I say that in hope, but knowing my luck there will be a glut of them on the maket right now that don`t sell).

model 1- D757A Coal and Allied Ltd. factory painted livery. with ripper.

model 2- D757A Super Dozer in kamatsu yellow.

I have now fallen out of love with model collecting now and will be selling most of my collection over the next few months.

I would appreciate any comments.

Ray...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
Airwolf
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:46:30 AM

SHOULD NOT BE POSTING THAT HERE.
Patrick C
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:06:19 PM

Airwolf wrote:

Why shouldn't he? He is not trying to sell them here, he just wants some insight from anybody who may know. It breaks no rules at all. Not to mention, there was a topic on here a few weeks ago about the CCM D7E prices!!

Patrick
digggerr
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:17:51 PM

RayT,

Actually, the D575s are still being produced for at least one dealer at a listed price of £435. The Coal and Allied version might be a little more valuable if you find a collector who wants that particular one. There are two UK forums that have free classified sections that you could post to. PM me if you don't know them already?

Patrick C wrote:
there was a topic on here a few weeks ago about the CCM D7E prices!!

That is absolutely not true! You should really get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.
mol
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:38:43 PM

About a year or 1,5 ago Himobo started making the Komatsu 575 dozers again. Simply because there is a market for them. Brand new the 575 dozer without riper costs € 499,- the version with a ripper € 539,- Last year a undamaged second hand model of the 575 dozer (ripper version) sold for € 325,- on the fair in Houten. The Coal Allied Ltd version might sell for more (as long as they are not produced again)
Patrick C
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:02:55 PM

Patrick C wrote:
there was a topic on here a few weeks ago about the CCM D7E prices!!

Digggerr wrote:
That is absolutely not true! You should really get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.

My mistake, it was the CCM D11Rs.

Patrick
RayT
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:04:08 PM

Airwolf wrote:

do you see "for sale signs" in flashing lights on my post?

I don`t think so matey. I was just asking a simple question.

ray...

Patrick C
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:04:52 PM

RayT wrote:
Airwolf wrote:

do you see "for sale signs" in flashing lights on my post?

I don`t think so matey. I was just asking a simple question.

ray...

Exactly

Patrick
MartinW
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:14:01 PM

RayT,

PM sent. Smile

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
RayT
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:48:44 PM

thanks to everyone.

ray...

rare ss
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 2:05:02 AM

The white version is not being released again.. HiMoBo have been commissioned by an Australian model shop to build small batches of different versions including a new Australian mine spec based on the last machine made for Alcoa's Huntly mine in Western Australia

I should add these are not cheap to buy and (in my opinion) wouldn't effect the value of the original batches
RowanH
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 4:14:00 AM

Hi Ray, unfortunately for you, the latest commissioned run of D575's are updated with painted tracks, apparently a better paint finish, lock pin covers instead of screw heads and the Alcoa version comes with a lot of extra detail including access ladders, additional fire suppression and an a/c unit.

This probably means two things. 1) There may be less people interested in the original model. 2) if you find someone looking specifically for the first edition, they will pay the right price.

Good luck with your sales, if I was in the market for another, I would be very interested!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

RayT
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:10:20 AM

RowanH wrote:
Hi Ray, unfortunately for you, the latest commissioned run of D575's are updated with painted tracks, apparently a better paint finish, lock pin covers instead of screw heads and the Alcoa version comes with a lot of extra detail including access ladders, additional fire suppression and an a/c unit.

This probably means two things. 1) There may be less people interested in the original model. 2) if you find someone looking specifically for the first edition, they will pay the right price.

Good luck with your sales, if I was in the market for another, I would be very interested!

Rowan.

Thanks Rowan, I think I will have to fail to mention all the improvements to the latest batch in my sales pitch. Wink Shame on you

Ray...

digggerr
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:35:20 AM

RowanH wrote:

This is the only photo I've seen of one of the "new" D575s. It doesn't appear that the tracks are painted all that well. If you have any other photos, put them up here for all to see?

It still cracks me up that that Kibri and Himobo both have models featuring the carry blade and ripper on the back. I don't believe any real machines were ever produced in this configuration.

rare ss
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 9:52:31 PM

digggerr wrote:

It still cracks me up that that Kibri and Himobo both have models featuring the carry blade and ripper on the back. I don't believe any real machines were ever produced in this configuration.

I'm not sure about being produced new but there are a few Super Dozers fitted with rippers fitted. .

Weserhutte
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 10:58:39 PM

rare ss wrote:
I'm not sure about being produced new but there are a few Super Dozers fitted with rippers fitted.

Thanks for your post!

You may not believe it, but the first photo you posted is actually a highly modified Kibri kit! Look here? Even after I read that it started as the Kibri I looked in disbelief more than once prior to seeing this photo.

Otherworldly detailing!!!

The second photo looks legit! Can you provide any information on what company has/had this dozer? Can you share (by PM if necessary) where you found it? Thanks!
Gary W
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:38:34 PM

Looking forward to seeing the new 575's when they arrive....especially the Alcoa version.

I hope that there are no issues with the way that the tracks are painted, however being painted yellow is in my opinion
better than the old black tracks..

Gary Teeth Teeth

RowanH
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:11:40 AM

I have also ordered an A3 SD with ripper and as I posted somewhere on FB, there were definitely A2 SD machines built with rippers (as posted by rare SS) and mainly operate in NZ. I've never seen any images of an A3 SD with ripper so it's likely that either none were ordered that way or that they weren't offered that way in the newer A3 format.

Now that I think of it, from memory, even the A2 SD's in NZ may have had the rippers retrofitted.

Rowan.

RowanH
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:31:09 AM

PS, here is some YouTube footage of the D575A-2 SD's with rippers... They are owned by the Kaipara mine in Auckland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htLlpR09S_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxyII9ko9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imR7SnAzYTs

And here are some pics of PaulA's recent D575 delivery. I hope he doesn't mind me posting them on his behalf....

Rowan.

rare ss
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:16:53 AM

Weserhutte wrote:
rare ss wrote:
I'm not sure about being produced new but there are a few Super Dozers fitted with rippers fitted.

Thanks for your post!

You may not believe it, but the first photo you posted is actually a highly modified Kibri kit! Look here? Even after I read that it started as the Kibri I looked in disbelief more than once prior to seeing this photo.

Otherworldly detailing!!!

The second photo looks legit! Can you provide any information on what company has/had this dozer? Can you share (by PM if necessary) where you found it? Thanks!

wow. . My bad I had no idea it was a 1:87 model!

I'll blame my phone screen size and the fact I need glasses haha

RowanH is on the money, I'm thinking the x2 NZ D575A-2 SD were retrofitted with rippers

I have an Alcoa spec on coming which I can't wait for. . It was a hard choice between this and a D575A-3 SD with rippers (which I also planned to get with the counterweight block to "keep it real"

Plan is to sit the Alcoa version on the big Drake 12 line ;)