DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Explosive/ANFO Trucks. Anyone built one ? Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:27:36 AM
Groups: Member

Has anyone built a Explosive Truck like the type that pumps ANFO in the holes ? Would you kindly share your truck with the forum ?

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

a Cutter
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 12:07:15 PM

I've got one started and wish to complete at least two at some point, but for me, I have many things/projects started but hardly anything finished.
Ironstef70
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:12:55 PM

a Cutter wrote:
I've got one started and wish to complete at least two at some point, but for me, I have many things/projects started but hardly anything finished.

Sounds like same problem I have too... Teeth

Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 3:19:33 PM

Yeah it was bad enough when it was just work getting the way now I have three children.......
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:43:58 PM

a Cutter wrote:

Sounds like most hobby's I've ever had. Please share when you complete the model.

Had a thought recently regarding why nobody had built a ANFO truck. Which is a pretty important model to have if you collect Mining equipment.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

a Cutter
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:33:15 AM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
a Cutter wrote:

Sounds like most hobby's I've ever had. Please share when you complete the model.

Had a thought recently regarding why nobody had built a ANFO truck. Which is a pretty important model to have if you collect Mining equipment.

Exactly why I have wanted to build them......I love the big mining stuff.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 5:20:17 AM

Here's a couple more ANFO trucks from internet. Photos not mine.

Who is the maker of this truck???? Interesting design. Dunno if I'd want to tumble ANFO around in a mixer though...

King of the road Scania.

-Unknown

Greasemonkey
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 5:44:03 AM

No worries on tumbling ANFO. It's pretty much inert, except that it will burn. Being a low explosive emulsion, you need a high explosive to set it off. So unless you detonate another explosive inside of it, the worst you could do is set it on fire....but tumbling to mix it wouldn't do that.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 6:03:16 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:
No worries on tumbling ANFO. It's pretty much inert, except that it will burn. Being a low explosive emulsion, you need a high explosive to set it off. So unless you detonate another explosive inside of it, the worst you could do is set it on fire....but tumbling to mix it wouldn't do that.

Thank you. Never worked around explosives.

-Unknown

Crazy797
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 10:07:26 AM

The guys at Photos TP did a very good job at reproducing a mine, have a look at the 70 pages of the tread at the link below:

http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12533

Pat

Wink
a Cutter
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 7:54:14 PM

A diorama like I have imagined so many times and oh so very excellently done. Applause
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:07:19 AM

Thank you crazy797 for making the time to find it ! That's exactly what I had in mind.

-Unknown

rare ss
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:39:51 AM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
Here's a couple more ANFO trucks from internet. Photos not mine.

Who is the maker of this truck???? Interesting design. Dunno if I'd want to tumble ANFO around in a mixer though...

King of the road Scania.

These units are both made by International Explosive Enterprises - IEE in WA

I used to deal with them in a previous role, they make a very good product and export atound the world
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:11:14 PM

Thank you Rare SS .

-Unknown