DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Black & White . Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:15:29 AM
Groups: Member

max wrote:
Those are fascinating pictures, Thanks for sharing HD41!!
Sometimes, i Wonder how Mr. Letourneau manage to stay in business, with so many odd machines and prototypes......
Regards.
Max.

In my humble opinion. This designer was way ahead of others,with the customer's problem,he would sketch out a design & build the machine they needed. K.I.S.S design at it's finest .

But yes they were pretty weird. Guess that's why I like them so much.

GC1 wrote:
Great thread...the Hendrickson Crane Carrier is 1964 as shown in Encyclopaedia of Trucks and Buses, page 178.

The Terex Titan is another one that gets my attention..350 ton, Titan 33-19, 3300bhp locomotive engine operated at or near a grossed up weight in excess of 600 tons. (Encyclopedia of Trucks and Buses.) What a beast.

Two of my favorites. Like that Euclid tractor trailer in the first photo too. I'd imagine that was a bumpy,hot and dusty ride.

a Cutter wrote:
FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

Anyone have a remote idea as to what the 10 photo is ?

Well it seems likely that it was a special purpose built machine.
Looks to me that it's working in sand or perhaps salt. There looks to be a hitch and a winch. I was thinking maybe a shore line tug but maybe it hauls a cable operated bottom dump.
Interesting machine regardless.

Defiantly a strange ride. Weserhutte & GuyM figured it out but thank you for chiming in.

SDBOB wrote:
Thanks again for pics enjoyed all of them. I'm partial to Manitowoc.

That makes two of us Bob.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

DC Craneman
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:25:20 PM

J. C. Mc Hugh operates Mc Hugh Locomotive Repair. He is the son of Jimmy McHugh, one of the four "Mc Hugh Bros." His heavy trucks, trailers and several older American truck cranes are painted in the traditional Mc Hugh light green over red. The Freightliner is one of three tractors that I have seen. The other two are the DC or DK Autocars similar to those run by McHugh Bros. beginning in the mid 19790's.

Hein Warner, that I mentioned, was a Wisconsin based manufacturer whose various products centered around hydraulics. They built hydraulic excavators in the early 1970's along with Bucyrus, Koehring, etc.

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:38:55 AM

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

WCollins
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:59:35 AM

Those two supposed Euclid's are Terex's, A 33-22 & 33-65, & That odd grader is just a No.12 Cat with a Steelweld-Domor belt loader attachment.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
mariot
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:54:36 AM

Very nice pictures!! I like that Crackerbox Jimmy pulling the double bathtub Fruehauf dump trailers loaded by the Link-Belt dragline in the second set of pictures. That's a good sized load being pulled by that GMC. Could this have been in Michigan somewhere? In the first set, my favorite picture was of the Manitowoc 4500 shovel.

All very nice pictures. Keep them coming!!
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:19:38 PM

WCollins wrote:
Those two supposed Euclid's are Terex's, A 33-22 & 33-65, & That odd grader is just a No.12 Cat with a Steelweld-Domor belt loader attachment.

Thank you William for the correction's. Like that belt loader attachment.

mariot wrote:
Very nice pictures!! I like that Crackerbox Jimmy pulling the double bathtub Fruehauf dump trailers loaded by the Link-Belt dragline in the second set of pictures. That's a good sized load being pulled by that GMC. Could this have been in Michigan somewhere? In the first set, my favorite picture was of the Manitowoc 4500 shovel.

All very nice pictures. Keep them coming!!

Glad you liked them. Dunno if that bathtub was taken in Michigan or not. I've always liked the Michigan Trains but I'd been nervous to drive them. Heck of a lot of weight momentum pushing forward. Nasty wrecks those trucks.

More photos to follow tomorrow.

-Unknown

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 4:09:03 AM

-Unknown

cubanator
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 1:36:20 AM

Loving the old beasts! Keep 'em coming guys! Applause
Patgxo
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:21:10 AM

Very nice old pictures , thanks