DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr PR776 Options · View
SJDownes
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 7:25:54 AM

Groups: Member

catkom3 wrote:

Certainly,the Liebherr pdf states 15'10" or 4.830m which equates to 36.6mm,well it's actually 37.0,take the paint off,jobs a goodun, only issue I have is the ripper,it doesn't have the same movement as the real deal,but I reckon that is down to lack of movement in the linkages,as for the blade arms and track frame,what do you guy's think,looks ok to me,

Regards
Joe.

According to WSI, the ripper functionality should be improved to offer a more realistic range of movement on the next production run of models.

Steven

Miniature Construction World on Facebook
Miniature Construction World on Twitter
sjd@miniature-construction-world.co.uk
catkom3
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 7:41:06 AM

SJDownes wrote:
catkom3 wrote:

Certainly,the Liebherr pdf states 15'10" or 4.830m which equates to 36.6mm,well it's actually 37.0,take the paint off,jobs a goodun, only issue I have is the ripper,it doesn't have the same movement as the real deal,but I reckon that is down to lack of movement in the linkages,as for the blade arms and track frame,what do you guy's think,looks ok to me,

Regards
Joe.

According to WSI, the ripper functionality should be improved to offer a more realistic range of movement on the next production run of models.

Steven

Thanks for that Steven,I reckoned you could improve the movement by taking out the pins and filing of the little nubs on the main frame,but then the rams would probably come out the cylinders,Shame on you
Regards
Joe.
digggerr
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 8:33:26 PM

Thanks Joe! I agree it looks fantastic.

Steven,

I've been told a yellow version will come in the summer, so I assume this is the second run. Can you confirm this?
SJDownes
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 6:39:29 AM

digggerr wrote:
Thanks Joe! I agree it looks fantastic.

Steven,

I've been told a yellow version will come in the summer, so I assume this is the second run. Can you confirm this?

The white version was a complete sell out, so another batch of the white version is being produced (with the improvements). There is also likely to be a yellow version of the model produced later this year, but my understanding is that it will only be available from model dealers, and not from the Liebherr shop (Like the white R970 SME)

Steven

SJDownes
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:36:20 AM

digggerr wrote:
I just read on Martin's forum where Joe wrote that the tracks are made of plastic. That will get some people going!

I have checked my sample model again and can confirm that the tracks are actually made from metal, not plastic as has been mentioned on this post.

Steven

catkom3
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:46:25 AM

SJDownes wrote:
digggerr wrote:
I just read on Martin's forum where Joe wrote that the tracks are made of plastic. That will get some people going!

I have checked my sample model again and can confirm that the tracks are actually made from metal, not plastic as has been mentioned on this post.

Steven

My sincere apologiesLiar ,I was just going by the sound they made,they are indeed metal,I've just tried to drill through one with a 0.6 mill drill, Think
Regards
Joe.
bobcat863
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 6:07:54 PM

Guys

A few comparative photos of the 776 model.

1 dozer standard and the other with the stops on the ripper cut off to allow the ripper tilt cylinders to extend when ripper in raised position.
Makes the model pose much more nicely in my opinion.

Modification is easy, remove the pivot pins (where ripper box joins to ripper beam)pull rods out of cylinders, cut the lugs off the beam and reassemble. ( sorry should have taken photos when I did it!!) Just need to touch up the paint on the pin head and you couldn't tell it was done.

"/>
"/>
"/>

Enjoy!
Foofighter
Posted: Friday, December 02, 2016 4:28:45 PM

Hi

Can someone confirm if the second run for these are already out?

Thanks
G
Foofighter
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 2:07:28 PM

Anyone?