DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Diecast Masters Options · View
Greasemonkey
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 6:13:09 PM

Groups: Member

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

Cat 793F in HO scale. Fairly certain that 1:125 is not HO scale . 1:87 is HO scale. Why the goofy scale packaged as HO ? Do you think it would match up to TWH 1:87 Shovel ?

Also. Any plans for more HO ? Like pipelayers or something magnanimous in HO ?

I couldn't agree more. You would think that being in the scale model business, they would understand the concept of scales.
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 6:37:59 PM

firemadz wrote:
Chuck,
You've got to talk some sense into these guys. They need to get rid of the model operators in the cabs. It makes them look ridiculous.

I disagree.

They are no more ridiculous than those of us posing dioramas with ghost operators. Simple solution and million dollar idea would be to make them removable to suit anyone's needs. But considering nobody has addressed them with the makers, there's no way to say for sure if this is or is not a possibility.

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Cat938k
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:58:13 PM

firemadz wrote:
Is it just me, or is there a lack of detail on the backhoes? They don't look as nice. And where are the attachments?

Look in the back ground of the photo with the d9t and you will see pallet forks and a material boom, I'm guessing it's the same attchments as the e series norscot did.

As for the operators I probably will take mine out by removing the cab cause i want to tint the windows anyway so I could care less.

Already have a plan in the works for a proper GP bucket too.

- Tyler

Quinella
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 11:24:27 PM

Since I don't build dioramas, my models sit on shelves or in their boxes. I only pose my trucks hauling equipment. So I guess with these models the operators will ride in the equipment on the back of the lowboys. Chuck, you got to get those "Lego" operators out. They look so silly. And did they ever stop to think that many other people operate these machines than good old white boys, and most don't wear uniforms. Hello NAACP. CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 2:11:33 AM

Maybe they are just for the samples. Whistle Shhh
digggerr
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 10:44:08 AM

MartinW
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:16:48 PM

Not for me then unless they can be easily removed. Hopefully they are put together with screws rather than rivets.

New UK based Scale construction forum.

www.scaleplantandconstruction.co.uk
mol
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:45:27 PM

The photo’s show from the D9t, the 18m, the underground truck and loader I am a bit more positive than in the past. Tonkin took a better path to more detailed models but had quality issues. I really hope that the DM models will be better. To bad the 390 has the same crappy Noscrap boom. Also the cab guard is bad. You really see that the 390 is a Norscrap design. Hope DM will make better models.
Personally I like the figure in the cab. So for me that is a small plus. For now I am anxious to see the models in real. For now I give Diecast Masters the benefit of the doubt.
Kaempfer
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:26:51 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:

I couldn't agree more. You would think that being in the scale model business, they would understand the concept of scales.

That´s what it should be like. But by the looks of things it isn´t.

Holm
randy krieg
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:09:30 PM

We were told this week that the 18M3 would be available around April. I had the 3D printed model here for about 2 weeks. They sent us the 3D model for review since we had the first 18M3 production machine here to compare it to. We did a lot of measuring and photographing. We then sent back a very detailed report listing all the corrections that needed to be made. This has delayed the release a little, but it will be a more detailed more accurate model.

Jimi
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:05:36 AM

randy krieg wrote:
We were told this week that the 18M3 would be available around April. I had the 3D printed model here for about 2 weeks. They sent us the 3D model for review since we had the first 18M3 production machine here to compare it to. We did a lot of measuring and photographing. We then sent back a very detailed report listing all the corrections that needed to be made. This has delayed the release a little, but it will be a more detailed more accurate model.

No matter the scale, you really are the grader master RandyCool

regards,
Jim

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
Ross Fowlie
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 2:19:53 AM

The fact that Diecast Masters are asking an experienced grader operator and scratch model builder like Randy is the best news that I have heard about them so far. Lets hope they keep this attitude and attention to detail.

Ross
Paul R
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 5:20:14 AM

randy krieg wrote:

Whilst graders and such are not my thing, knowing that you have had quite a lot of input should certainly make the discerning collector a lot more confident in the final product. Assuming that is DM take heed of your input!

Your post many moons ago about peeling that little slither of tarmac out with your grader will be forever etched in my memory!

Paul R
Ricky-1
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 11:20:51 AM

While the grader and the D9T looks quite well made, the excavator 390F looks poorly made to me. Protection grille and handrails are thick, little detail, boom with visible two-pieces assembly like old Ertls...is that because it was an old Norscot project? it is not on the same level as the other Diecast Masters model in my opinion.
gbarnewall
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:19:52 PM

Ricky-1 wrote:
While the grader and the D9T looks quite well made, the excavator 390F looks poorly made to me. Protection grille and handrails are thick, little detail, boom with visible two-pieces assembly like old Ertls...is that because it was an old Norscot project? it is not on the same level as the other Diecast Masters model in my opinion.

The 390 is light years ahead of the 374 which is priced similar or slightly higher than the new 390 here in Europe,a big improvement,and any improvement is a step in the right direction,this should have us all salivating to see what DM can produce in the future

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

KyleS
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 1:38:01 PM

Chuck, When will these be available for pre order? I want to get my hands on the 335F excavator!

So far I like the detail improvements they have made over the past manufacturers and I can live with the operators for the few cat models I plan to buy.

- Kyle
heavyload
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:46:35 PM

Guys... I was telling you on other post to judge DM works on the graders and the D9T. Other models, including 390F L were start by either Norscot or Tonkin. In the case of the 390F L it was a Norscot model and rumours told that the model were ready early last spring but DM bought Cat Liscense and delay the delivery. They had to rebrand the box and possibly rebrand the model... let see!.

As for the 335F L, after seeing the picture on facebook, DM didn't follow the Tonkin development plan. However it look quite good. Please give to these guys the chance to launch their models before judging. IT's hard to please everyone when you build a Cat yellow diecast model. As I told DM is basically Norscot guys working under a new ownership and this ownership has the ambition to accomplish great things.

Luc.
The Contractor
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 9:56:18 PM

Let's hope there's some new Paving Equipment models in the works as well!!
Robert Heuston
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 11:15:31 PM

Bring on some mining shovels.
Cat22Fan
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:41:01 AM

I have to give Diecast Masters credit. I have already sent them two different email's and they have promptly answered both of my questions. According to Roland Yeung, who seems to be very nice by the way. I asked him if the operators are removable, this is what he sent me back as his reply,

Thanks.

After checking, some items with operator are fixed and some are removable. Some items with fixed door and some can be opened.

You are welcome to write us any time.

All the best to you and your family !!

Best regards,

Roland Yeung