DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Model Show Options · View
ROB
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:56:30 PM
Groups: Member

Well I,m putting more thought into hosting a model show in the spring of 2017 in Niagara Falls , Ontario, Canada. I gave this thought a few years back but the interest was not there so I will try again, The location is right across the US border so our American collectors will not have to travel far into Canada and also it is in the heart of Tourist District with lots to see and do. If there is enough support I will make it happen for our Canadian collectors and our US collectors who are willing to visit or display or sell. There are a lot of collectors in Southern Ontario so let's ban together and show your talent and collections. Message me at rricci1@cogeco.ca or PM me. Tables will be free. Any suggestions let me know. Rob
digggerr
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:18:49 PM

I remember you trying to promote this idea in the past and thought there would have been enough local collectors to make it happen but maybe one of the issues is that we Americans now have to spend money on specific photos, passport applications and certified mail service. It's about 150USD all totaled in my region and that's a deterrent for me, and maybe others?

'Wish you luck though!
CanadianExcavator
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:03:14 PM

Definitely will be there displaying some of my stuff if it all comes together!

Zach

My Facebook Page
My Youtube
ONTARIO, CANADA
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:16:37 PM

I have a passport card. I can only travel into Canada and Mexico and return. A lot of truck and bus drivers have this type of card. If I remember right, it was only $25.00, and was pretty easy to get through the Post Office.Whatever

A passport card is not a full passport; it does not allow the bearer to travel internationally to most countries. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security notes that, “It is valid only for departure from and entry to the United States through land and sea ports of entry between the United States and Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda."
ROB
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:25:27 PM

Great info for the US collectors....
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 11:27:09 AM

digggerr wrote:
I remember you trying to promote this idea in the past and thought there would have been enough local collectors to make it happen but maybe one of the issues is that we Americans now have to spend money on specific photos, passport applications and certified mail service. It's about 150USD all totaled in my region and that's a deterrent for me, and maybe others?

'Wish you luck though!

Enhanced license, extra $10-$20 on your regular driver's license. I have both enhanced license and passport and would be interested, I remember you talking about this a couple years back as I would be interested in at least attending.

The problem isn't getting into Canada without a passport, it's coming back home to your own damn country that you were born and raised in without a passport.
Dumper
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:13:09 PM

What is the enhanced lic thing,,, never heard of that,,,

Would the canandians be able to pay in USD currency I'm sure it would be a pain to exchange in the states.

what bout bring models to and from heard the border can get nasty.

passport no problem.

I would be interested in setting up
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:10:31 PM

enhanced license info

I don't know if this is available everywhere, it only limits your travel to Canada and Mexico and is NOT the same as a passport card or ID.
kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:50:10 PM

kokosing Const Co wrote:
enhanced license info

I don't know if this is available everywhere, it only limits your travel to Canada and Mexico and is NOT the same as a passport card or ID.

Only available in New York, Michigan, Vermont, and Washington.Sad