Hough loaders and others............ Options · View
max
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:35:27 AM
Groups: Member

All seen at the same location.....

Enjoy!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
Dex
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 3:16:21 PM

What a neat collection of working vintage machines! The z-bar setup on that Terex loader was pretty unique.
3mscrap
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:39:28 PM

That is a great group of iron. They obviously had a thing for those Hough machines.
Thanks for the post.
Applause

Dan

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional
Cat345bl
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 9:38:28 PM

Nice pics Max,thanks for sharing, that Hitachi UH122 looks in somewhat decent condition for it age!

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

max
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:52:22 AM

Cat345bl wrote:
Nice pics Max,thanks for sharing, that Hitachi UH122 looks in somewhat decent condition for it age!

Actually, theire were 2 Hitachi 122's.Both looks in decent shape-theire was 2 Cat 235's as well.
Dex, many Terex machines had a unique design in several aspects......because of their conception, one could recognize a Terex among 1000 other machines.
Some operators just loved the Terex, other just hate them.....it seems like theire was no in-between.
Theire was no less than 10 Hough loaders at that place; as many parts machines as well, plus several others that i did'nt bother to take pictures of.......although the owner let me in, i did'nt want to insist and push my luck either.
thanks a lot for the nice words.
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
61BG
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 10:36:10 PM

These Hough's were the toughest loaders built in their day. You just could not kill them. Unfortunately, IH did not have the much need capital to keep investing in them for mandatory/competitive improvements, so they eventually lost ground.
Dresser limped them along as well and actually did OK as they were still a tough, bare bones product but again they needed to put money in them to stay ahead of the pack which Dresser was not willing to do. Im sure everyone here knows that these Hough's eventually became Komatsu's loader line. When Komatsu started making their own loaders you could see a lot of the old IH/Hough influence in them except the cab was on the back end instead of the front half. That is the one thing that most guys not use to these Hough's did not like even though others made loaders with the cab on the front half including Case and Lorain/Massey Ferguson, even the mighty Dart 600 had the cab on the front as well.
Great find Max! If you can get back in there, The more Houghs the better! Thanks for posting!
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:19:24 PM

Was the Hough Paydozer D500 ever built in diecast in 1:50th. I know ATM made it in resin I think. Thaks, CAW
61BG
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 11:24:45 PM

EMD, Which is a part of Buffalo Road Imports did one in resin quite a few years ago. Maybe thats the one your thinking of?
Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 12:07:19 AM

Yes, I think they cost around $600.00. Chuck had one for even more. They are just killer looking. Thanks, CAW