Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 11:27:16 PM
Groups: Member

I lucked up on geting both a Thomen LTM 1400 & LTM 1800

bryce
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:21:12 AM

LTM 1400 New and Mint in box ( unopened ): Approximately $650.00

LTM 1800 New and Mint in box ( unopened ): Approximately $1,100.00

It is all relative to what someone is willing to pay... if they are used, then I would decrease value by 25% or so...

My thoughts and opinions anyway...

Bryce
RMS Models
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:39:39 AM

Don L.

Did hit the tax return lottery?

Have you moved into the garage yet? (LOL)
mikebramel
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:52:55 PM

Beautiful cranes. You will be happy with them. I think you got a very good price on the 1800 for $450 not so sure about the 1400 as that was dwelling on ebay for a week or so?
maxcavator
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:14:28 PM

I got the Mammoet Zaxis 800, not too shabby for $300.
I see the $429 one sold the next day lol.
Don L
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:15:27 PM

bryce wrote:
LTM 1400 New and Mint in box ( unopened ): Approximately $650.00

LTM 1800 New and Mint in box ( unopened ): Approximately $1,100.00

It is all relative to what someone is willing to pay... if they are used, then I would decrease value by 25% or so...

My thoughts and opinions anyway...

Bryce

Thanks Bryce. That is about what I figured. I haven't seen any of the for sale at reasonable prices (even at the NIB prices you listed). I think there is a 1400 on eBay priced at $1500 (way to rich for my blood).

Appreciate the feedback.

Don
Don L
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:17:42 PM

RMS Models wrote:
Don L.

Did hit the tax return lottery?

Have you moved into the garage yet? (LOL)

Randy, I didn't hit the tax return lottery but at least this year I did get a return. Beats the past two years for sure. Teeth

I can't move into the garage because I have too many cranes and crane boxes in there. When this bill comes in I may be living in the back yard. LOL

Take care my friend.

Don
Don L
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:30:54 PM

mikebramel wrote:
Beautiful cranes. You will be happy with them. I think you got a very good price on the 1800 for $450 not so sure about the 1400 as that was dwelling on ebay for a week or so?

Mike,

No question, I got a damn good price on the 1800. At first I couldn't believe what I was seeing, or that no one else was seeing it. As far as the 1400 goes, I believe their price was influenced by what another 1400 was being offered up for (which will never sale at that price unless someone just can't live with out it).

However, I haggled with them and actually got them to drop the price considerably, but they were still above my max offer. So I had decided to just walk away (and told them no deal). However, I checked the next morning and they had dropped the price to within $20 of my maximum offer, so I pulled the trigger. I figure I did pretty good overall when you average out the two. Teeth

These are definitely 2 cranes that I know I can get back the money I spent on them if I ever decide to sell them. Teeth

Take care,

Don
Don L
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 3:22:56 PM

Any thoughts on what a Havator LTM 11200 might be worth?

I don't think I have even see a crane in this Nordic livery since I have started collecting a few years ago. A few heavy hauls every now and then, but not a crane. I paid roughly the same price that standard yellows go for in US.

Victor Pay
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 6:18:59 PM

For the Havator LTM 11200-9.1 see: https://www.flickr.com/photos/a-i-nikolis/sets/72157623815237684/

The special thing about Havator cranes is that they only use Demag counterweights Smiley
Obviously not considered in the NZG model.
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 5:08:50 AM

Don L wrote:

I don't think I have even see a crane in this Nordic livery since I have started collecting a few years ago. A few heavy hauls every now and then, but not a crane. I paid roughly the same price that standard yellows go for in US.

The Havator 11200 is a funny one in terms of price as it has never really appreciated like some others, but I think it is a nice livery. Makes for a great combination with the IMC Scania and Nooteboom trailer. There has also been a Tandano Faun ATF70G-4 by WSI in this livery.

Paul R
Don L
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:31:46 PM

Victor Pay wrote:
For the Havator LTM 11200-9.1 see: https://www.flickr.com/photos/a-i-nikolis/sets/72157623815237684/

The special thing about Havator cranes is that they only use Demag counterweights Smiley
Obviously not considered in the NZG model.

Wow Victor. Those are some nice pics. I really do like Havator's color scheme which is the main reason I got this crane. It is also interesting about the Demag Counterweights. I had some extra Demag counterweights with my AC500 Luffing Jibs (different color) but I just traded one for a Mammoet crane. Oh well, I will just keep the ones that came with the model.

Much thanks for the response and education.

Best regards.

Don
Don L
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:37:21 PM

Paul R wrote:
Don L wrote:

The Havator 11200 is a funny one in terms of price as it has never really appreciated like some others, but I think it is a nice livery. Makes for a great combination with the IMC Scania and Nooteboom trailer. There has also been a Tandano Faun ATF70G-4 by WSI in this livery.

Paul R

Thanks Paul.

I am not really surprised Havator might be somewhat unappreciated (especially in the US). I had never even heard of it until I saw the crane and started researching the company. I have seen the IMC Scania lowery with the Nooteboom trailer out-fitted with the 11200 boom saddles. I may add that to my list of future purchases.

I guess value is in the eye of the beholder, but I only paid $450 for this crane, and I was going to spend that for the generic yellow version so I am pretty happy with this purchase. I think it is a sharp looking crane. But I always look back at your collection pictures for reference, and frankly almost all of the 11200s are really sharp looking liveries. Teeth Teeth

Thanks for the response.

Take care.

Don