DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Can someone help me? Options · View
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:07:44 PM

Groups: Member

I know this is a DHS Diecast forum hosted by Chuck and the crew but I need some help with another diecast website. Does anyone know anything about what is going on with *****? I placed an order over 7 months ago and haven't heard a single thing about it. I know my payment went through because it's $647.96 that I don't have anymore. I've called once a week for 7 months and nothing. I called up my credit card company and they can't get in contact with them either. Does anyone have any answers or any advice? It's much appreciated and thank you to Chuck and everyone else at DHS for the excellent customer support!
Jake
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 8:07:08 PM

If you're talking about diecast models dot co I think they are out of business. A lot of people cannot get a hold of anyone there. I have asked if they are still in business with a few E-mail and no return. I wouldn't be giving them money anytime soon. It's too bad the website is still up and looks like everything is fine.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:45:49 PM

I don't know what the deal is with this place but I haven't seen much of anything going on with them. The last anything was posted on their Facebook or Twitter pages was from November 2016. I have sent a request for contact so time will tell.

The BEST thing you can do is to contact either your credit card company, bank or PayPal and put in a claim against them to get your money back.

It is a shame if anything happened to them as it is a lost business with jobs and a loss for the hobby. If I hear anything I will update but from some things I read I'm not looking to be contacted by them.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Newcrane
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:27:07 PM

Lot's of customer complaints on the Facebook page. Not a good sign!
gstoddard
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:10:47 PM

They are being sued by Towsley's in WI state court. Same song, second chorus. By all means, dispute the charges with your credit card company.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:02:28 PM

Even if you lived in the same state, a lawsuit probably wouldn't yield anything. A judgement is worthless. I would write it off and try to stop letting it ruin your days. I don't know if you can write it off on taxes. I doubt there is any resolution through the criminal courts either. It just sucks. CAW
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:47:57 AM

It just sucks because that's a Lr1600 that I should have but don't and can't really afford to buy another one ya know. I've heard some shady things about them from a good friend and I'm beginning to realize that I'm basically out $650 and a sweet crane from what I hear.
Jake
Cranes Etc
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:47:08 AM

You should go back to your credit card company if you paid that way. I don't know about US law of course, but in the UK the credit card company has to refund you in circumstances like yours.

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
maxcavator
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:05:45 AM

These people are crooks plain and simple. Their website will still sell you models. You can go all the way through the ordering process and up to the Paypal login, the only thing I didn't do was click on the PAY button. Shameful!
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:26:20 AM

I tried to email Nicholas Neumann who was one of the big people there and it comes back as an invalid email!! Yes, I'd try to get the credit card company involved and explain to them that you didn't get your order. It might take a bit to get the refund but at least you'd have the ability to get another model.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Rocky100370
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:32:16 PM

I would also contact the local police in their area. Wont hurt anything and they may have other ideas for you.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:30:21 AM

This sounds awfully like HTM in Germany. They went belly up a while and took down a lot of people with them, many of whom got back very little. I was lucky and got back all my money (about €4500) but I know many who didn't.

But they, like this company in question, offered some knockout deals and I think that's what killed them as it wasn't sustainable long term.

Paul R
Zilla
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:09:13 AM

Nicholas Neumann is now running Fire Replicas https://www.firereplicas.com. I would contact him through them and see if he knows anything.

I also lost $$$$ with HTM. I was returned some but not all of my $$$$. PayPal declined to help and my CC stated I waited too long. So I am stuck without $$$$

Greg
dain555
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:48:16 PM

Ok gents, here's the scoop but before I go further DO NOT BOTHER NICHOLAS NEUMANN PLEASE!!!

1) If you have purchased a model from said company above please contact either PayPal or your credit card company for a refund!!
2) Contact the better business bureau and report them and what they have done.
3) Contact the Attorney General of their state (I believe it's Wisconsin) and report them!!

Apparently the company is no longer managed directly by Ryan who started the company and as a result it's failing. Ryan has moved on and basically doesn't care about the company. Also as I said, DO NOT CONTACT Nicholas Neumann as he is no longer affiliated with the company he is strictly Fire Replicas now and they only know what I just told you, I just got a call back (25 May 17 @ 10:30am) from the Neumann's on this.

If you can't get a refund thru your credit card company or PayPal my other suggestion would be to either consult an attorney or file a complaint in court and sue the company for what your out plus costs (I'm not a lawyer so it's only personal advice).

Hope this helps and above all ALWAYS check first with a company unless your buying from DHS and Chuck!!! A cheap phone call (Most people have unlimited calling on cells or home phones) can save you hundreds of dollars!!!

Dain

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:23:29 PM

Only bought one thing ever from them, Hitachi 470 because they were the only ones who had them when they first released. There was something always shady about their business practices and all the free models. I knew they were related to the defunct TWH and it's no surprise that they finally went down too.

I hope you get your money back because that's a lot of money to lose out on, I'd be absolutely furious if it was me.
dain555
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2017 8:25:44 PM

The site for the company listed above is now disabled!!

Advice to anyone who has pending orders with them, contact your credit card company or PayPal and put in a claim against them to get your money back!!

As I also stated above, please do not bother Nicholas Neumann as he is no longer affiliated with the company!!!

Dain

Bruce from Drake
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 1:10:04 AM

Nicholas Neumann has not worked at DM.C for about three years
maxcavator
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 4:18:23 PM

dain555 wrote:

Not so fast, it's back up again!
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 8:51:07 PM

maxcavator wrote:
dain555 wrote:

Not so fast, it's back up again!

The site has always worked, you just won't get anything you buy.
I'd like to follow up and say that I did get my money back from my credit card company. It went towards a CCM 6015 and a custom project. I'll post photos when it's all done!
Thanks, Jake
sd90
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 10:25:40 PM

Hi jake,

Glad to see you got your money back I have been following this post from the start.
I have bought a few models from this company in the past I always wondered how they
could give away models for free and make a profit to survive?
I feel sorry for the young lady that made the videos of the models for sale she did a good job
at that, and I hope she as found another job.
Best to stick with DHS I think
Leon